Reply from Outer Space

tokengirl

tokengirl
Total Posts:  1
Joined  13-08-2018

13 August 2018 16:15

Hello, just some more stardust here. I identify as a homo sapien and that’s probably the most significant thing about me.

My primary goal is to gather information from Sam Harris fans about software projects that are interesting to them. Sam regularly has guests who are software engineers, and I always find I am intrigued by the application of their ideas in the real world in the form of software. I try to listen to every podcast, but I am drawn most frequently to the conversations about technology and their impact on society.

I also happen to make software! My current personal project involves writing software that encourages controversial, engaging and fair conversation without changing chronology of events (like a real conversation), and, hopefully, discourages my least favorite things about social media and channel-based chat applications: in particular, the “echo-chamber” effect, non-contributory trolling/spamming, and the tendency for people to act like computer algorithms so their voice gets more attention from the larger audience.

I am also looking for routes to engage more about the applications of software to learn about the mind. Seemed like the right place to go.

See ya!

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6171
Joined  22-02-2005

14 August 2018 11:21

Greetings, Tokengirl.

I don’t know how many software fans we have here. Anything you might have to elevate the art of conversation would be neat to hear about.

Welcome to the forum.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  31-10-2015

14 August 2018 13:04

tokengirl - 13 August 2018 04:15 PM

Hello, just some more stardust here. I identify as a homo sapien and that’s probably the most significant thing about me.

My primary goal is to gather information from Sam Harris fans about software projects that are interesting to them. Sam regularly has guests who are software engineers, and I always find I am intrigued by the application of their ideas in the real world in the form of software. I try to listen to every podcast, but I am drawn most frequently to the conversations about technology and their impact on society.

I also happen to make software! My current personal project involves writing software that encourages controversial, engaging and fair conversation without changing chronology of events (like a real conversation), and, hopefully, discourages my least favorite things about social media and channel-based chat applications: in particular, the “echo-chamber” effect, non-contributory trolling/spamming, and the tendency for people to act like computer algorithms so their voice gets more attention from the larger audience.

I am also looking for routes to engage more about the applications of software to learn about the mind. Seemed like the right place to go.

See ya!

Please tell us more about this software!