‹ First  < 2 3 4

A New Concept of God

ubique13

ubique13
Total Posts:  866
Joined  10-03-2017

23 August 2018 12:01

bbearren - 23 August 2018 11:55 AM

I’m fine with your definition: “faith itself means having no tangible evidence.”  I have no tangible evidence, and further, I claim none.

You okay with that?

I completely accept that you claim nothing to be tangible or evident to you.

Chaz

Chaz
Total Posts:  129
Joined  24-02-2018

23 August 2018 13:11

BB you nut quit quoting lol you can’t enjoy a conversation if you come in with an axe to grind. I want to know what view or idea of god you would consider as acceptable. I know you probably don’t have any form of theism on the list but what about deism?

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3623
Joined  20-11-2013

23 August 2018 13:19

Chaz - 23 August 2018 01:11 PM

BB you nut quit quoting lol you can’t enjoy a conversation if you come in with an axe to grind. I want to know what view or idea of god you would consider as acceptable. I know you probably don’t have any form of theism on the list but what about deism?

Try this link, but if you have a response, please post it there.  I don’t want to continue to derail this thread.

ubique13

ubique13
Joined  10-03-2017

23 August 2018 13:32

bbearren - 23 August 2018 01:19 PM

Try this link, but if you have a response, please post it there.  I don’t want to continue to derail this thread.

Without reading too much of your autobiography, I think it may be fair to say that you’re vaguely solipsistic with heavy Christian tendencies.

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

23 August 2018 13:43

ubique13 - 23 August 2018 01:32 PM
bbearren - 23 August 2018 01:19 PM

Without reading too much of your autobiography, I think it may be fair to say that you’re vaguely solipsistic with heavy Christian tendencies.

Read the bold above.

Poldano

Poldano
Total Posts:  3328
Joined  26-01-2010

28 August 2018 01:02

For what it’s worth, I tend to agree with BBearan’s take on God. I generally refer to it as identical to reality, avoiding the term nature because a lot of people have the notion that they know all about nature. A lot of people also have the notion that they know all about reality as well, but a lot easier to confuse those among them that are worth the trouble of confusing.

Which people are not worth confusing? Those who are convinced that their pragmatic understanding of their situation is all they will ever need, and are not curious about anything that is not contained in it.

ubique13

ubique13
Joined  10-03-2017

28 August 2018 14:55

Poldano - 28 August 2018 01:02 AM

For what it’s worth, I tend to agree with BBearan’s take on God. I generally refer to it as identical to reality, avoiding the term nature because a lot of people have the notion that they know all about nature. A lot of people also have the notion that they know all about reality as well, but a lot easier to confuse those among them that are worth the trouble of confusing.

Which people are not worth confusing? Those who are convinced that their pragmatic understanding of their situation is all they will ever need, and are not curious about anything that is not contained in it.

The implications of such a “reality” would mean that everyone who shares those beliefs would also expect them to be imposed on every other person.

“A sense of security, of well-being, of summer warmth pervades my memory. That robust reality makes a ghost of the present. The mirror brims with brightness; a bumblebee has entered the room and bumps against the ceiling. Everything is as it should be, nothing will ever change, nobody will ever die.” -Vladimir Nabokov

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

28 August 2018 16:26

ubique13 - 28 August 2018 02:55 PM
Poldano - 28 August 2018 01:02 AM

The implications of such a “reality” would mean that everyone who shares those beliefs would also expect them to be imposed on every other person.

Not at all.

‹ First  < 2 3 4