Online Masterpieces of Art

saeed

saeed
Total Posts:  36
Joined  31-12-2017

23 August 2018 06:39

On this ‘Multimedia, YouTube & Other Podcasts’ thread, I normally post about podcasts, particularly those that allow download of mp3’s (I love mp3’s; more on that some time).  This post, however, has nothing to do with mp3’s.  The ‘multimedia’ in this case points to hi-resolution images of great artworks.

If you are like me, you will be very envious of Jean Louis Mazieres, whom I don’t know at all, other than from his Flickr feed, where for years he has been posting extremely high quality images of artworks from museums and galleries all over Europe, which he seems to have the time and wherewithal to visit (hence the slight jealousy on my part). 

You can see these images, and many others from museums and galleries around the globe that now on their websites allow online access to many of their items.  After discovering a couple of these sites, I started digging around more, and have placed what I have discovered in the pop-up site below.  I was looking for sites that have hi-resolution images (because let’s face it, lo-res is just a google search away).  These images allow views close enough in many cases that small cracks in the surface of works, subtleties of brushstrokes, and even ‘paint-overs’ can sometimes be seen.  Like me, you may not know much about art, but hey, I do find many of these images make great screensavers.

https://worklinks.neocities.org/onlineArt.html

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2384
Joined  21-10-2016

23 August 2018 07:33

saeed, thank you for sharing and compiling these links!

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  4841
Joined  28-05-2009

27 August 2018 10:21

Beautiful. This is one of my major obsessions.