https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOvfvTJl-Wo

Each and every one will be remembered.

[ Edited: 10 September 2018 23:49 by Jan_CAN]

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  01-11-2014

11 September 2018 17:46

We should also not forget that this tragedy was used by George W. Bush to inexplicably invade Iraq, a country that had nothing whatsoever to do with the 9/11 attack.

The US is still in Afghanistan and Iraq with advisors and American Special Forces. Both countries are in chaos with no strong central governments. Countless civilians lost their lives. The US has bankrupted itself by throwing away over a trillion dollars on these two wars, not to mention the heartache, injury and death our military personnel and their families have endured. I’ve read that on average, 20 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans commit suicide every day. Their lives were used then discarded; for what purpose? What was gained?

9/11 was just the beginning of an even bigger tragedy.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2384
Joined  21-10-2016

12 September 2018 07:22

Cheshire Cat - 11 September 2018 05:46 PM

We should also not forget that this tragedy was used by George W. Bush to inexplicably invade Iraq, a country that had nothing whatsoever to do with the 9/11 attack.

The US is still in Afghanistan and Iraq with advisors and American Special Forces. Both countries are in chaos with no strong central governments. Countless civilians lost their lives. The US has bankrupted itself by throwing away over a trillion dollars on these two wars, not to mention the heartache, injury and death our military personnel and their families have endured. I’ve read that on average, 20 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans commit suicide every day. Their lives were used then discarded; for what purpose? What was gained?

9/11 was just the beginning of an even bigger tragedy.

All too true and important to remember.

Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows.” — Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

Peaceful Tomorrows
http://peacefultomorrows.org/seventeen-years-later/
“We face another September 11th without our loved ones. The time widens. In it there is healing; yet the rift also widens as more days, more hours that should have been spent together have been lost. The rifts are deep within and echoed around us. We sense the divides growing that wrench us from one another as people, as families, as nations.” ...

[ Edited: 12 September 2018 10:23 by Jan_CAN]

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9115
Joined  20-10-2006

12 September 2018 22:15

Cheshire Cat - 11 September 2018 05:46 PM

Not entirely inexplicable. War is very profitable for those who peddle in the tools used to prosecute it, and those same profiteers make very generous offers to politicians. 

I’m just connecting dots.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  01-11-2014

13 September 2018 10:52

Skipshot - 12 September 2018 10:15 PM

Not entirely inexplicable. War is very profitable for those who peddle in the tools used to prosecute it, and those same profiteers make very generous offers to politicians. 

I’m just connecting dots.

Yes indeed. The US is the biggest exporter of weapons of death in the world. Killing people is very profitable.

The US used to be the leader in all forms of technology. Not any longer. The Chinese have overtaken us on that front. All we have left are weapons of death; we’re the best at that.

I saw this opinion piece in the NY Times this morning. I think it’s worth a read.

https://tinyurl.com/y7cb9bpx