Video from home

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  20-11-2013

11 September 2018 18:21

Central Florida Thunderstorm

Setting Sun

In the second video I was holding my phone steady on top of one of the fence posts that can be seen in the first video.

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  6747
Joined  15-05-2009

11 September 2018 19:09

I really do enjoy green and rain.  My hubby and I are seriously thinking of moving to the NW.  Last week it was rainy here in Colorado, but this week sunny again.  A friend told me how happy she was that the dry weather had returned.  I surprised her by saying I had really enjoyed the clouds and rain.  Guess my view is a bit more unusual.  But rainy days seem so life-giving to me.  And I like bundling up and drinking hot tea.  That fits for the NW, right?  I think your FL rain is warm though.  A different dynamic.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  16544
Joined  15-02-2008

11 September 2018 20:18

hannahtoo - 11 September 2018 07:09 PM

I really do enjoy green and rain.  My hubby and I are seriously thinking of moving to the NW.  Last week it was rainy here in Colorado, but this week sunny again.  A friend told me how happy she was that the dry weather had returned.  I surprised her by saying I had really enjoyed the clouds and rain.  Guess my view is a bit more unusual.  But rainy days seem so life-giving to me.  And I like bundling up and drinking hot tea.  That fits for the NW, right?  I think your FL rain is warm though.  A different dynamic.

If you like rain then you will love the PNW about 6mos a year.

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  20-11-2013

11 September 2018 23:01

A good thunderstorm will drop the temperature into the mid to upper ‘70’s.  The short ones have a downside, though, not enough rainfall to cool the ground, so the humidity goes up rapidly after it clears.

Still, I thoroughly enjoy a good thunderstorm.  Our rainy season is generally from late May until mid October, about 5 months.  From mid June until mid September we get rain just about every afternoon.  The heavy ones sound like an artillery barrage.

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  6747
Joined  15-05-2009

12 September 2018 12:30

bbearren - 11 September 2018 11:01 PM

A good thunderstorm will drop the temperature into the mid to upper ‘70’s.  The short ones have a downside, though, not enough rainfall to cool the ground, so the humidity goes up rapidly after it clears.

Still, I thoroughly enjoy a good thunderstorm.  Our rainy season is generally from late May until mid October, about 5 months.  From mid June until mid September we get rain just about every afternoon.  The heavy ones sound like an artillery barrage.

A friend told me the Florida raindrops are warm.  Here in Colorado, they are icy—in temperature, and also sometimes literally hail stones.  The air is so dry, even after a brief thunderstorm, the humidity remains low.  Great for drying laundry, but tough on our skin.