What is the Mark of the Beast?

True remnant

True remnant
Total Posts:  25
Joined  04-09-2018

13 September 2018 22:07

The Mark of the Beast
The mark of the beast is probably on of few Bible topics that the world knows about and yet there are so few people who actually know the TRUTH about what the mark of the beast actually is. Some believe it’s the number 666. Some believe is a tattoo. With the majority believing it’s some kind of physical mark like a microchip. And why do the majority believe it’s a physical mark? Because the word “mark” in Revelation 13 actually means a mark! But this od flawed logic. So let’s look at this logic for a brief moment to show how it is flawed. I’m Revelation 13 it also mention two beasts that cause the world to worship them. Now if you look at the original meaning of these beasts, you will see that they are actual beasts. Also in Revelation 17 we find a harlot woman riding a beast, and if you take the original meaning,again you will see that it is an actual woman riding a wild beast. So can we now expect to see wild beasts roaming the earth causing the world to worship them? And can we expect a prostitute woman riding a wild beast too, seducing the”The kings of the earth into giving her their support. Well, if that was a Hollywood film, then maybe, but this is real life and we know this isn’t going to be the case.

The thing is the book of Revelation is full of symbolic language, and we cannot just accept the literal meaning of all the words found in that book. This also applies to the mark of the beast. Just because the word mark means a literal mark, doesn’t mean the mark in real life will be a literal physical mark. So instead of just quessing what the mark of the beast is, we must used the Bible to interpret itself and let it explain what the mark is.

What is the Mark of the Beast?

So what is the mark of the beast? First let us first confirm that we firmly believe the beast mark CANNOT be just a physical mark like a microchip or tattoo or ID card. Why? There are a couple of big problems with this belief. First, in Revelation 13:14 it says that “DECEPTION” is involved in this issue. Revelation 13:14. Read.
Now where is the deception in forcing people to take a physical mark like a microchip? Satan is the arch deceiver and he is not just going to force people to take a physical mark. There is no deception in that whatsoever. And that is not how Satan works. The next problem with this belief of The mark of the beast beings something like a microchip is the fact any government could FORCE a microchip or ID card or tattoo upon us. And we cannot be lost for something that is forced upon us. Now don’t get me wrong. I do believe some kind of technology like a bank card or ID card will be used in association with the mark of the beast to stop those who refused the mark from buying and selling. But in of itself, technology or any physical mark CANNOT be the mark of the beast. So what is the mark? Revelation 14 gives us a clue. Revelation 14:12. Read.
Now right before this verse, the third Angel explains that those wo do take the mark of the beast will receive the full wrath of God. Which means the bees above is telling us about those who don’t take the mark. And what are they doing? They are keeping the Commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus Christ. So the mark of the beast is in some way comected to the Commandments of God. Which make sense as this issue is all to do with worship and obedience. Look at what it also says in Revelation 14. Revelation 14:9. Read.
Do you see, this issue of the mark of the is to do with WORSHIP!  Somehow Satan is going to deceived the world into given their allegiance to the beast and it’s image and they will end up spiritually worshipping and obeying the beast instead of worshipping and obeying God. But God’s end time saints will be faithful to Christ Jesus and will know the truth, and will continue to obey God and keep His Commandments.

What was it that the deceivers used to get Daniel thrown into the lions den? Daniel 6:5.
Knowing that Daniel be faithful to the law of God.  These deceivers caused the king to institute a secular law which would go against one of God commandments. I’m the same way, the beast kingdom will institute a law (mark of the beast) which will be in opposition to the commandments of God, and will be used to condemn God’s people in the end.
So can we pinpoint exactly what the mark of the beast is? Yes. But first we need to findout who the beast of Revelation 13 is to know what it’s mark is.
From the resources above, you will findout that the sea beast of Revelation 13 is the Papal Church of Rome.which means the mark of the beast is in fact the mark of the Roman Catholic Church. So has the Roman Catholic Church done anything in connection with the Commandments of God that could regards as her “mark”? Yes, and and this was prophesied to happenon the book of Daniel with the little horn power which again is the Papal Church of Rome.
Daniel 7:25.
So the Roman Catholic Church would think to change “time” and the law of God. Did they ever do this? Yes. If you take a the Roman Catholic Ten Commandments, you will see that they have made changes to the commandments of God (think to change law). And the Roman Catholic Church boast that it is they who changed the weekly Sabbath day from the 7th to the 1st (think to change time), of which there are no Biblical authority for any such change. Take a look at the following quotes with regards to this sabbath “change”.

“By the very act by changing the Sabbath into Sunday, which Protestant allow of .... because by keeping Sunday acknowledge the church’s[Roman Catholic] power to ordain feasts, and to command them sin.” (Abridgment of Christian doctrine, page 58).

” Of course the change (from Sabbath to Sunday) was her act ... and the act is a MARK of her. Ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matter” (signed by H.F.Thomas, Chancellor for Cardinal Gibbons, in a letter dated, Nov. 11, 1895)

“The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.” (Catholic record of London, Ontario, Sept. 1, 1923).  And many more.

So the Roman Catholic Church (litlle horn of Daniel 7) is quilty from changing the law of God. The very commandments that the saints of Revelation 14;12 are keeping which stops them from receiving the mark of the beast. And remember, the issue of the mark of the beast is all to do with worship and obedience. Will we worship and obey the beast and received it’s mark, or worship and obey God? Don’t think that you will need to get down to your knees to worship the beast. All you will need to do is give allegiance to the beast and accept its authority over God, and this would be deemed as worship.

666 Number of the Beast

What about the number of the beast 666? Many people think that the mark of the beast is simply the number 666. Some people won’t go anywhere near or touch anything with the number 666 on them. Like a barcode, or date, or telephone number, or license plate. And yet Revelation is very clear in stating that the mark of the beast is NOT 666. The number 666 is the number of the beast, not the mark of the beast.
Revelation 13:17-18.
So as we can see the number of the beast is 666 is not the actual mark of the beast. It is a number of a man within this beast kingdom. The number has been given to us in the Word of God in order for us to further identify the beast system, and the leader of the beast system. It is also interesting that it states people will either get the mark of the beast OR the name of the beast OR the number of his name. This would suggest that ANY affiliation with the beast (Papal Church of Rome) or the image of the beast would be deemed as going against God. And Revelation 14:11 confirms this by pronouncing judgment upon those who ” worship thebeast and his image and whosoever received the mark of His name”.
WARNING!
The ecumenical movement is uniting the churches with Rome!
We can also see from Revelation 13:17-18 above that number 666 is NOT just three digits that could appear on a barecode or tatto or whatever. These Bible verses tell us that 666 is an actual number that needs to be calculated. So it isn’t just three digits. It is a real number that’s need to be added up, and we need ‘wisdom’ in order to arrive at the number.

[ Edited: 16 September 2018 22:38 by True remnant]

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  16544
Joined  15-02-2008

13 September 2018 22:58

There is no god or beast, just ignorant little men spewing their ignorant bullshit beliefs on to the world.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2460
Joined  19-01-2015

13 September 2018 23:17

Actually, the Sign of the Beast is your FICO score.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

13 September 2018 23:58

Twissel - 13 September 2018 11:17 PM

Actually, the Sign of the Beast is your FICO score.

LOL! Awesome!

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5969
Joined  22-02-2005

14 September 2018 00:17

I have not heard this sound of bliss driven mastication in quite a while. This is a chew toy from days gone by. A horse and buggy xtian.

Hey there, TR. Why do you believe in Mark the Beast? .

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  01-11-2014

16 September 2018 11:41

For a while there was a conspiracy theory going around that the Mark of the Beast had to do with those scanning bars that are on every package in stores these days. Some were even conjecturing that people would be forced to have these bar codes tattooed onto their skin. Hasn’t happened. Yet.

Historians believe the Mark of the Beast was a coded reference to the emperor Nero. In fact, the entire Book of Revelations was a coded reference to the Roman days of Nero. This seems to be the only rational explanation for this strange book: a hope that god would come a destroy the Romans.

For whatever reason, people enjoy colorful and creative “end of the world” stories and the B of R is certainly that. Freud thought that the opposite of the instinct to live, (eros), was thanatos, the death instinct. I think Evangelical Christians are in love with thanatos, not life. This world is only test. The real world comes when you die. They dream and pine away for the day god horribly kills non-believers and casts them into a pit of eternal suffering. Author, Chris Hedges, calls them Christian heretics. This love of the Apocalypse and “the Rapture,” is tantamount to believing in a death cult, in my opinion. Well, whatever floats your boat.

True remnant

True remnant
Joined  04-09-2018

16 September 2018 16:12

Cheshire Cat - 16 September 2018 11:41 AM

For a while there was a conspiracy theory going around that the Mark of the Beast had to do with those scanning bars that are on every package in stores these days. Some were even conjecturing that people would be forced to have these bar codes tattooed onto their skin. Hasn’t happened. Yet.

Historians believe the Mark of the Beast was a coded reference to the emperor Nero. In fact, the entire Book of Revelations was a coded reference to the Roman days of Nero. This seems to be the only rational explanation for this strange book: a hope that god would come a destroy the Romans.

For whatever reason, people enjoy colorful and creative “end of the world” stories and the B of R is certainly that. Freud thought that the opposite of the instinct to live, (eros), was thanatos, the death instinct. I think Evangelical Christians are in love with thanatos, not life. This world is only test. The real world comes when you die. They dream and pine away for the day god horribly kills non-believers and casts them into a pit of eternal suffering. Author, Chris Hedges, calls them Christian heretics. This love of the Apocalypse and “the Rapture,” is tantamount to believing in a death cult, in my opinion. Well, whatever floats your boat.

Very interesting I see that you have followed many of those doctrines. I will write right away the meaning of the 666.

[ Edited: 16 September 2018 21:47 by True remnant]

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

16 September 2018 17:13

Cheshire Cat - 16 September 2018 11:41 AM

This love of the Apocalypse and “the Rapture,” is tantamount to believing in a death cult

With a catch, you can’t kill yourself to get to paradise, because that would end the cult, but sacrifice for the cult is good because it makes it stronger.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20533
Joined  11-03-2007

16 September 2018 18:49

I take responsibility for this. I asked him what he thought the mark was.  The RCC is an easy target, and he took a shot.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1619
Joined  14-08-2008

17 September 2018 03:08

TR,

Why did you abandon the “Three Angels Messages” thread? There are some unanswered questions there. Are you going to just start new threads every time it’s no longer convenient for you to answer questions?

Ron

True remnant

True remnant
Joined  04-09-2018

17 September 2018 11:25

MrRon - 17 September 2018 03:08 AM

TR,

Why did you abandon the “Three Angels Messages” thread? There are some unanswered questions there. Are you going to just start new threads every time it’s no longer convenient for you to answer questions?

Ron

Do you have questions about the Three Angels Messages? How Do you think that I am going to abandon my believe?

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1619
Joined  14-08-2008

17 September 2018 17:56

True remnant - 17 September 2018 11:25 AM
MrRon - 17 September 2018 03:08 AM

TR,

Ron

Do you have questions about the Three Angels Messages? How Do you think that I am going to abandon my believe?

You did not answer the questions in my last post in that thread.

Ron