‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 > 

Time for a little break?

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21925
Joined  11-03-2007

15 March 2019 11:15

Jefe - 14 March 2019 08:37 PM

I need a break.  More and more, i find posting here to be a lower priority than real life projects and activities.

We will miss you.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8818
Joined  20-02-2006

15 March 2019 11:31

Jefe - 14 March 2019 08:37 PM

I need a break.  More and more, i find posting here to be a lower priority than real life projects and activities.

Travel?

[ Edited: 16 March 2019 11:52 by unsmoked]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3472
Joined  21-10-2016

10 August 2019 19:22

Time to explore the really important differences between America and Canada ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgoNwxHjUs

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2019 19:29

Jan_CAN - 10 August 2019 07:22 PM

So, milk in a bag is just obscene. Sorry.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

10 August 2019 20:00

EN - 10 August 2019 07:29 PM
Jan_CAN - 10 August 2019 07:22 PM

So, milk in a bag is just obscene. Sorry.

That’s the funny part ... that Americans are so bothered by milk in bags.

It’s very practical with less waste and no bulky jugs to deal with ... ya just put the bag in the pitcher that everyone has, snip the corner and voilà.

I was once in a small country grocery store on the way to cottage when I ran into a travelling American who was looking at the milk shelf totally bewildered.  I explained to him how it worked, but he just couldn’t take it in ... I pointed out the two-litre cartons which seemed to comfort him immensely.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

15 September 2019 05:46

Q.  What did one mind reader say to another mind reader?

A.  You’re fine. How am I?

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4916
Joined  19-08-2010

15 September 2019 12:31

Question about anaphylactic shock? I can give you the answer in a nutshell.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9759
Joined  20-10-2006

15 September 2019 15:54

A:  (Tasteless Holocaust joke)
Me:  Hey!  I had a relative die in a German concentration camp!
A:  (Expression of contrition)
Me:  Yeah, he fell from a guard tower.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

15 September 2019 20:01

Q.  What do you call a person that finishes last in their class in medical school?

A.  Doctor.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

16 September 2019 19:19

What’s the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don’t know and I don’t care.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

16 September 2019 19:20

Never criticize someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.
That way they won’t be able to find you from that far away.
Plus, you’ll have their shoes.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6437
Joined  31-01-2012

01 November 2019 13:26

I mean, how much of a slippery slope is it to ask to be smart? Fuck around, and you wind up that way, and the most you’ll notice is how much energy everyone else has to expend just to keep up. There’s one theory. It’s that politics was invented just to slow thought down. Think about it, nothing new is ever not written down.  But the distance between the written word and actual experience is legion. In aggregate, it’s everything that embodies anxiety. That’s why the present moment is supposed to be better; it’s on the inside of the train tracks not looking down on the outside of the wreckage, which could be equally as frustrating if we had an opinion one way or another of how it got there. Which surely as you are, you do. Sure as shit, the self is just one big opinion about who you think you are. Woke-ness was the answer until it wasn’t. It proved just to be another thing people can’t do in moderation. Definitionally, it’s oxymoronic to its results, but so was yoga (injuries), medicine (bias), and science (culture/society/spirituality).

[ Edited: 01 November 2019 13:33 by Jb8989]

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

01 November 2019 13:51

Jb8989 - 01 November 2019 01:26 PM

I mean, how much of a slippery slope is it to ask to be smart? Fuck around, and you wind up that way, and the most you’ll notice is how much energy everyone else has to expend just to keep up. There’s one theory. It’s that politics was invented just to slow thought down. Think about it, nothing new is ever not written down.  But the distance between the written word and actual experience is legion. In aggregate, it’s everything that embodies anxiety. That’s why the present moment is supposed to be better; it’s on the inside of the train tracks not looking down on the outside of the wreckage, which could be equally as frustrating if we had an opinion one way or another of how it got there. Which surely as you are, you do. Sure as shit, the self is just one big opinion about who you think you are. Woke-ness was the answer until it wasn’t. It proved just to be another thing people can’t do in moderation. Definitionally, it’s oxymoronic to its results, but so was yoga (injuries), medicine (bias), and science (culture/society/spirituality).

Why is this posted in this thread?  It might be a good topic for discussion in the Psychology section.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6437
Joined  31-01-2012

01 November 2019 14:16

EN - 01 November 2019 01:51 PM

Why is this posted in this thread?  It might be a good topic for discussion in the Psychology section.

Jesus Christ, EN.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

02 November 2019 06:28

Jb8989 - 01 November 2019 02:16 PM
EN - 01 November 2019 01:51 PM

Jesus Christ, EN.

Sorry - didn’t want your interesting post to be lost.

‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 >