Conversation Partner

Guustaaf

Guustaaf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-08-2018

14 October 2018 19:23

Hi, my name is Guustaaf. I was born in the Netherlands, lived in the US for about 25 years, and am currently living in Taiwan with my wife Lisa.
In Amsterdam I did the four year film school and worked in film and television for about a decade. I also worked in the music industry as a recording engineer. After moving to the states (as part of my spiritual journey) I started a music import business. When the world wide web emerged I set up shop as a web designer and later programmer.
At the moment I am still working for my American clients from Taiwan and I am preparing a TV show about technology and the future that I plan to distribute on YouTube.

I would like to meet some people who are interested in having a weekly, one-hour-ish conversation with me on Skype. My main goal for this is to develop my conversational skills in preparation for my TV show. Hopefully you are an easy talker and the idea is that that will then rub off on me.
I am smart, but too serious and I don’t get out much.
We can discuss whatever we like, with an open mind. I am interested in art and science, but not too much in politics. If you are firmly in one of the two camps that currently occupy the US, then please move on, nothing to see here.

I can talk with some knowledge about programming, video production, photography, astronomy, music production, electronics, CAD/CAM etc. and will be happy to share that knowledge. We can try and see if such a conversation is enjoyable enough for both of us to do on a weekly basis.

Guustaaf

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6034
Joined  22-02-2005

14 October 2018 19:42

I can pitch in. Sounds interesting.

Let’s schedule something.

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3557
Joined  20-11-2013

15 October 2018 07:57

Sounds interesting.

Guustaaf

Guustaaf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-08-2018

15 October 2018 18:31

Thank you to those who responded. In a couple of weeks or so I will schedule Skype conversations with all who respond.
Guustaaf