1 2 > 

Hey Canada, what are you smoking now, eh?

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2623
Joined  21-10-2016

20 October 2018 10:30

Cannabis is legal in Canada — here’s what you need to know
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/marijuana-faq-legalization-need-to-know-1.4862207
“Recreational marijuana is legal as of today, but the vision of what a pot-permissive Canada looks like remains somewhat hazy.”

Clean your bong, pass it along and other expert tips on cannabis etiquette
Now that marijuana is legal in Canada, experts share best practices for using it with class
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/legal-cannabis-etiquette-manners-1.4868908
“Emily Post might not have been thinking about cannabis when she wrote down the rules of etiquette, but that doesn’t mean you should throw manners to the wind if you dabble in legal weed.”

Bud and Breakfast: Canada’s cannabis tourism industry is about to take off
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6/episode-412-tourism-for-tokers-saudi-prince-under-scrutiny-how-to-kill-a-tv-character-april-ryan-and-more-1.4869003/bud-and-breakfast-canada-s-cannabis-tourism-industry-is-about-to-take-off-1.4869008
“For marijuana users around the world, a plane ticket to Canada just got a lot more appealing.
The Canadian government made history this week with the legalization of recreational pot use across the country. People lined up for hours for the chance to be among the first Canadians to buy a legal gram of bud.”

So, the day finally came.  As of Wednesday (October 17), recreational use of marijuana is legal in Canada.  There were lineups for that first taste of a legal joint; it was flying off the shelves, supplies ran low, or were completely gone on the first day.  Oh well, tomorrow’s another day.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  16881
Joined  15-02-2008

20 October 2018 11:50

Yay Canada! I don’t like pot and don’t really see why anyone does, but they do, a lot, and making it legal is really a good thing and just way overdue. The self-righteous drug Nazis in the US just can’t let it go, they have to have a devil to fight to justify their need for more money and power to save all the poor people from.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

20 October 2018 13:44

GAD - 20 October 2018 11:50 AM

Yay Canada! I don’t like pot and don’t really see why anyone does, but they do, a lot, and making it legal is really a good thing and just way overdue. The self-righteous drug Nazis in the US just can’t let it go, they have to have a devil to fight to justify their need for more money and power to save all the poor people from.

Hey man, maybe they’ll change their minds when they figure out there’s profit in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydhp8ZJcr2c

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3014
Joined  26-03-2013

20 October 2018 14:23

And now we face the tough questions…like…chips or cookie dough…or chips…or cookie dough…or chips…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PLC_cBJwk4

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6129
Joined  31-01-2012

20 October 2018 16:40

I don’t like pot and don’t really see why anyone does

You would if you tried a little harder.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

20 October 2018 17:37

LadyJane - 20 October 2018 02:23 PM

And now we face the tough questions…like…chips or cookie dough…or chips…or cookie dough…or chips…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PLC_cBJwk4

Hysterical! I think that would really work.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

20 October 2018 17:43

Jb8989 - 20 October 2018 04:40 PM

I don’t like pot and don’t really see why anyone does

You would if you tried a little harder.

Growing up everyone in my hood smoked and I could buy it from about 50 different people just on my block, by 18 I lost any interest and have never gotten it back. Coke, crack, crank, now those were party drugs!

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9176
Joined  20-10-2006

21 October 2018 09:33

What’s not to like about Canada!  It’s like the California of the north, but without the whacked rest of the country holding it back.  Well, it does get too cold for my taste.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20792
Joined  11-03-2007

21 October 2018 10:34

The highways are not so great in Canada, and the beer selection is sub-optimal, except perhaps in Calgary. Other than that that, it’s a pretty cool place, and now it’s gotten cooler.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15191
Joined  17-12-2006

21 October 2018 11:16

EN - 21 October 2018 10:34 AM

The highways are not so great in Canada, and the beer selection is sub-optimal, except perhaps in Calgary. Other than that that, it’s a pretty cool place, and now it’s gotten cooler.

As far as beer is concerned, you’ve obviously had your sense of proportion skewed all out of whack by Loan Star (they loan it to you, then take it back). Or not been to
good beer places when visiting. But the signs in the airport today tell me that it’s still not kosher to bring pot across the boarder.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  6533
Joined  15-02-2007

21 October 2018 11:32

burt - 21 October 2018 11:16 AM

As far as beer is concerned, you’ve obviously had your sense of proportion skewed all out of whack by Loan Star (they loan it to you, then take it back). Or not been to
good beer places when visiting. But the signs in the airport today tell me that it’s still not kosher to bring pot across the boarder.

Canada has some micro-breweries that serve up some really good suds.
Don’t judge us by our Molson Canadian.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

21 October 2018 12:09

Jefe - 21 October 2018 11:32 AM

I think it’s kinda funny that the Canadian guys here came quickly to the defense of our beer, with nary a mention of our poor, under-funded highways.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

21 October 2018 12:34

Jan_CAN - 21 October 2018 12:09 PM

I think it’s kinda funny that the Canadian guys here came quickly to the defense of our beer, with nary a mention of our poor, under-funded highways.

Texas has better highways and beer. Not to mention barbecue (brisket), chili, and fajitas.  Compared to Texas on these important issues, everyone else sucks.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

21 October 2018 12:37

I will say that Canada kicks ass on poutine and beaver tails.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

21 October 2018 12:59

EN - 21 October 2018 12:34 PM

Texas has better highways and beer. Not to mention barbecue (brisket), chili, and fajitas.  Compared to Texas on these important issues, everyone else sucks.

Yup, I think you got us there – better highways and Mexican food.

I may be a ‘bad’ Canadian as I don’t much like poutine, but we do have some great food, a benefit of many cultural influences. But on other important issues, we gotcha beat with hockey, curling, comedians, and polar bears.  And, especially now (as per the OP), we’re much mellower, which doesn’t suck.  ;-)

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

21 October 2018 13:04

Jan_CAN - 21 October 2018 12:59 PM
EN - 21 October 2018 12:34 PM

Yup, I think you got us there – better highways and Mexican food.

I may be a ‘bad’ Canadian as I don’t much like poutine, but we do have some great food, a benefit of many cultural influences. But on other important issues, we gotcha beat with hockey, curling, comedians, and polar bears.  And, especially now (as per the OP), we’re much mellower, which doesn’t suck.  wink

Poutine rocks!  Curling is an abomination that cannot be forgiven.  Unless it is the Swedish curling team in bikinis. (The women’s team, that is.)

1 2 >