< 1 2

Hey Canada, what are you smoking now, eh?

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  21-10-2016

21 October 2018 13:19

EN - 21 October 2018 01:04 PM
Jan_CAN - 21 October 2018 12:59 PM
EN - 21 October 2018 12:34 PM

Texas has better highways and beer. Not to mention barbecue (brisket), chili, and fajitas.  Compared to Texas on these important issues, everyone else sucks.

Yup, I think you got us there – better highways and Mexican food.

I may be a ‘bad’ Canadian as I don’t much like poutine, but we do have some great food, a benefit of many cultural influences. But on other important issues, we gotcha beat with hockey, curling, comedians, and polar bears.  And, especially now (as per the OP), we’re much mellower, which doesn’t suck.  wink

Poutine rocks!  Curling is an abomination that cannot be forgiven.  Unless it is the Swedish curling team in bikinis. (The women’s team, that is.)

Haha ... well, liking poutine might have gotten you honorary Canadian citizenship, but that curling remark just squashed that!

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6417
Joined  31-01-2012

21 October 2018 19:41

Jan_CAN - 21 October 2018 12:09 PM
Jefe - 21 October 2018 11:32 AM
burt - 21 October 2018 11:16 AM
EN - 21 October 2018 10:34 AM

The highways are not so great in Canada, and the beer selection is sub-optimal, except perhaps in Calgary. Other than that that, it’s a pretty cool place, and now it’s gotten cooler.

As far as beer is concerned, you’ve obviously had your sense of proportion skewed all out of whack by Loan Star (they loan it to you, then take it back). Or not been to
good beer places when visiting. But the signs in the airport today tell me that it’s still not kosher to bring pot across the boarder.

Canada has some micro-breweries that serve up some really good suds.
Don’t judge us by our Molson Canadian.

I think it’s kinda funny that the Canadian guys here came quickly to the defense of our beer, with nary a mention of our poor, under-funded highways.

Texas has better highways and beer. Not to mention barbecue (brisket), chili, and fajitas.  Compared to Texas on these important issues, everyone else sucks.

It goes new york city…then everyone else. On pretty much everything except streets that don’t smell like piss.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21817
Joined  11-03-2007

21 October 2018 19:47

New York City is great.  But real barbecue, chili, fajitas, and nachos come from Texas. It’s just a fact. 

I ate at a place called 8 1/2 once, or something like that near Central Park. Is it still around?

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15914
Joined  17-12-2006

21 October 2018 20:57

The highways are not so great in Canada, and the beer selection is sub-optimal, except perhaps in Calgary. Other than that that, it’s a pretty cool place, and now it’s gotten cooler.

As far as beer is concerned, you’ve obviously had your sense of proportion skewed all out of whack by Loan Star (they loan it to you, then take it back). Or not been to
good beer places when visiting. But the signs in the airport today tell me that it’s still not kosher to bring pot across the boarder.

I think it’s kinda funny that the Canadian guys here came quickly to the defense of our beer, with nary a mention of our poor, under-funded highways.

Brain turned to mush by lone star. Now Hoyne Dark Matter is a beer drinkers beer.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

21 October 2018 20:58

EN - 21 October 2018 01:04 PM
Jan_CAN - 21 October 2018 12:59 PM

Yup, I think you got us there – better highways and Mexican food.

I may be a ‘bad’ Canadian as I don’t much like poutine, but we do have some great food, a benefit of many cultural influences. But on other important issues, we gotcha beat with hockey, curling, comedians, and polar bears.  And, especially now (as per the OP), we’re much mellower, which doesn’t suck.  wink

Poutine rocks!  Curling is an abomination that cannot be forgiven.  Unless it is the Swedish curling team in bikinis. (The women’s team, that is.)

Real men don’t push brooms.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

13 December 2018 06:38

A cannabis Christmas
https://www.thestar.com/holiday/2018/12/01/a-cannabis-christmas.html

There is bound to be a little extra green under the tree this the first Christmas marijuana is legal in Canada. With retailers rolling out all kinds of wares, gift getting for the leaf-lover couldn’t be easier. From ornaments to socks, here are a few suggestions to get your shopping started.

Additional gift ideas for those difficult-to-buy-for-people on our Christmas lists? 
Perhaps this is comparable to giving an especially nice bottle of wine or liquor as a gift.
Hmmm ... not sure.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9716
Joined  20-10-2006

13 December 2018 06:40

Jan_CAN - 13 December 2018 06:38 AM

A cannabis Christmas

There is bound to be a little extra green under the tree this the first Christmas marijuana is legal in Canada. With retailers rolling out all kinds of wares, gift getting for the leaf-lover couldn’t be easier. From ornaments to socks, here are a few suggestions to get your shopping started.

Additional gift ideas for those difficult-to-buy-for-people on our Christmas lists? 
Perhaps this is comparable to giving an especially nice bottle of wine or liquor as a gift.
Hmmm ... not sure.

Legally, what’s the problem?

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

13 December 2018 07:51

Skipshot - 13 December 2018 06:40 AM
Jan_CAN - 13 December 2018 06:38 AM

A cannabis Christmas

Hmmm ... not sure.

No problem at all legally (if over 19).

But as socially acceptable to the same degree as alcohol?  Regardless of alcohol’s ‘bad’ effects on many people, it’s been (mostly) socially acceptable for millenia.  It often takes some people time to adjust their attitudes, so I can picture a granny’s scowl at the Christmas morning gift opening when she sees her ‘little’ Johnny opening his present.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

14 December 2018 06:18

Jan_CAN - 13 December 2018 07:51 AM
Skipshot - 13 December 2018 06:40 AM

No problem at all legally (if over 19).

But as socially acceptable to the same degree as alcohol?

Yep.  I’ve smoked anough to know it’s not my thing, but also know it is less damaging physically and socially than alcohol.  The campaign against pot was socially engineered based only on emotional perception, and it failed spectacularly.  Granny will just have to get used to it.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

20 April 2019 06:17

4/20: Live Coverage of the 2019 Cannabis Holiday in Canada
https://www.leafly.com/news/canada/420-canada-live-coverage-2019

How will you be commemorating Canada’s first 4/20 post-prohibition? From block parties and concerts to comedy festivals and green yoga, there’s no shortage of festivities taking place today. We’ve compiled some of the biggest events happening across the country.

No need for any protest at this year’s event; just a celebration with some commercialization thrown in for good measure.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

20 April 2019 08:10

Saw the first legal pot shop here in Victoria. It’s set up like a classy salon and offers a varied menu of possibilities to titillate the taste of sophisticated consumers. But it smells the same.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

20 April 2019 08:29

I am so happy to know people can smoke pot without going to jail and having their lives wrecked for nothing.

< 1 2