Forum Topic for Waking Up App

alrightSpider

alrightSpider
Total Posts:  1
Joined  27-10-2017

27 October 2018 07:34

Hi, maybe I’m missing it—I haven’t finished my first cup of coffee.

Is there no place to talk about meditation and the app?

Thanks!

Also, I hit the button for “forgot username” and it redirects to the forum main page.
https://forum.samharris.org/site/forgot_username

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6294
Joined  22-02-2005

27 October 2018 07:54

There is an updated main page design that includes that and more but I don’t know if we will ever see it implemented. There is a new site, Wakingup.com but it does not have a forum.

As long as we are still here, feel free to use The Books- Waking Up for all threads on the topic of meditation.

Sir Tenley

Sir Tenley
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-12-2017

24 December 2018 10:24

Nhoj Morley - 27 October 2018 07:54 AM

There is an updated main page design that includes that and more but I don’t know if we will ever see it implemented. There is a new site, Wakingup.com but it does not have a forum.

As long as we are still here, feel free to use The Books- Waking Up for all threads on the topic of meditation.

The various forms of Sam Harris produce confusion!
Well, having different “identities” or logins for this forum, main site, Facebook, podcast, Waking Up App, Twitter,etc complicates things.
I purchased the Waking Up App for a year, and thought I would be able to login to the main site to see something about it, (and perhaps download and listen from my computer). It seems I have no identity there, and would need to subscribe (pay) to the main site to have an identity there.
Of course there is an AD for the Waking Up App at the top of the page…
So I feel a bit disjointed, having the app, buying books and listening to podcasts, but having only a forum “identity” (and that being created as a rather anonymous, isolated and disposable identity in case of “trouble”)...
I suppose I do not need to login to Samharris.org ... I was only looking for anything regarding the Waking Up App when I sought to do that… but i think I’ll need to move on to another Lesson or Meditation in the App to resolve the uneasy feeling I have…