America Alone

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  6979
Joined  15-05-2009

14 November 2018 07:24

Europeans are really mad at Trump for missing the ceremony at the American cemetery in France due to drizzle.  All the other nations’ leaders made it.  The British Queen, aged 92, made it.  Elderly veterans, up to 102 years old, made it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/12/opinions/wwi-trump-armistice-day-paris-maltby-opinion/index.html

Sometimes I wonder if there are people in Trump’s Admin who are purposely trying to sabotage him and the First Lady with bad advice.  Or if the Trumps demand the bad choices themselves.  Examples for Melania include her wearing a jacket emblazoned with “I don’t really care, do u?” when she visited migrant children at the Texas/Mexico border, and when she wore a colonial-style pith helmet in Africa.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20846
Joined  11-03-2007

14 November 2018 07:37

2020 is our only hope from this buffoon.  Even if Mueller indicts his family he will pardon them, and if he recommends impeachment the Senate won’t convict him.  And now one of his hacks is in charge of Justice.  We simply have to save our democracy the old-fashioned way - VOTE.

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher
Total Posts:  586
Joined  13-02-2017

14 November 2018 10:42

How does that saying go…never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity?

Like all the various “razors,” it’s more a tool than an ironclad law.  I think it really could go either way in this case.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9210
Joined  20-10-2006

16 November 2018 02:33

Trump could publicly shit on the grave of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington and not suffer any consequences from his base, Fox News, or the GOP.  Sometimes I get the feeling he is deliberately trying to sabotage the right to see how far stupid and hypocritical he can take them, but then I think that the right has no limit.