Happy Thanksgiving, American friends!

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2691
Joined  21-10-2016

22 November 2018 06:03

Hope you all have an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  6979
Joined  15-05-2009

22 November 2018 07:12

Thanks, Jan.  The best part is having one of my sons home for a couple of days.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  6998
Joined  22-02-2014

22 November 2018 07:24

Happy Belated t-day to our Canadian friends!

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20846
Joined  11-03-2007

22 November 2018 07:54

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  16981
Joined  15-02-2008

22 November 2018 08:27

Happy Thanksgiving! I did all my food prep last night so hopefully it will be less stressful today but still a lot of work.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15209
Joined  17-12-2006

22 November 2018 10:03

Have a great Thanksgiving all, and remember the turkey in your prayers.

http://thefishmongersplace.blogspot.com/2006/11/milos-thanksgiving-dinner-prayer.html

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6050
Joined  22-02-2005

22 November 2018 13:47

Even I, as your humble admin, am granted a day off to celebrate like everyone else. After a few moments in the microwave, I enjoyed a hearty holiday meal of roast wallow in self-pity sauce. There should be plenty of leftovers for many days of noshing. I followed it up with a micro-beer. It comes in a tiny stein with tweezers. It was enough to knock me out into slumberland.

There I had a vision worthy of a holiday musical. I dreamt I was awake as I heard the squealing brakes enter my chamber. ‘Twas a visitation from the Trash Fairy. This is a very rare event. The Trash Fairy is almost never seen and always quickly forgotten.

I was gob-smacked at his appearance as he moaned angrily and splattered me with coffee grounds. He came with a dire warning for us all. He has tired of listening to us complain about how the world is a mess. He said we don’t know what a mess is and that it is time to show some gratitude while we all give thanks for whatever. As the hydraulics crushed my satee, he growled sternly that I must toss my leavings with fervent relish for it will be the last time I can toughtlessly count on his magical dsappearing act. If we do not get our schitt together, then, starting next week, His Rubbishness will begin to put it all back.

He means it. Once a week, in reverse sequence, all of our ‘trash’ will be returned to us intact from the nether world we thought we had sent it off to. I beseech you, fellow beneficiaries of the weekly curbside blessing, to ponder what we are prepared to do about our ‘mess’ or we can start searching for somewhere to put all our stuff.