Right-wing Violence

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3579
Joined  20-11-2013

26 November 2018 07:03

In the United States, right-wing violence is on the rise

“This month brought two more bodies: A military veteran who had railed online against women and blacks opened fire in a Tallahassee yoga studio, killing two women and wounding five. All told, researchers say at least 20 people have died this year in suspected right-wing attacks.

While Trump has blasted Democrats as “an angry left-wing mob” and the “party of crime,” researchers have identified just one fatal attack in 2018 that may have been motivated by left-wing ideologies. In February, Tierre Guthrie, an ex-Marine who was sympathetic to the far-left Black Nationalist movement, shot and killed a police officer trying to arrest him at his Georgia home for failing to appear in court for a traffic violation.”

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1072
Joined  01-11-2014

26 November 2018 11:29

Perhaps we should call it for what it is:

Right-Wing Domestic Terrorism.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8044
Joined  20-02-2006

26 November 2018 12:06

Cheshire Cat - 26 November 2018 11:29 AM

Perhaps we should call it for what it is:

Right-Wing Domestic Terrorism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/10/19/trump-encourages-violence-against-reporters-and-his-supporters-cheer/?noredirect=on&utm;_term=.d02e62b796f6

quote:  “Anyone who watched Trump’s rallies during the 2016 election is well used to the fact that not only did the president regularly advocate violence, he talked about it with longing (“I’d like to punch him in the face”), lamented when protesters weren’t beaten sufficiently (“Maybe he should have been roughed up,” “Part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long, is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right?”) and instructed his followers to commit their own acts of violence (“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, okay. Just knock the hell — I promise you I will pay for the legal fees, I promise”). Asked about all that, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, “The president in no way, form or fashion has ever promoted or encouraged violence.”

quote:  “At a moment when his administration is trying to wriggle out of imposing any kind of accountability on a friendly yet dictatorial regime that apparently just had a dissident journalist brutally murdered, President Trump decided it would be a good time to go before a crowd of supporters and celebrate an assault on an American reporter. Here’s what happened:”  (see article)

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  4929
Joined  28-05-2009

27 November 2018 00:18

Trump is a classic fascist. He doesn’t simply lie he makes statements that are diametric inversions of the truth.