Waking Up Course: Downloading Lessons as MP3s

tudor

tudor
Total Posts:  3
Joined  13-06-2017

27 December 2018 14:10

Hi all,

I normally listen to the Waking Up podcast while doing something else, and to that end, I find it easiest to download the audio files onto my phone. I would very much like to do the same with the ‘lessons’ in the Waking Up course, which are normally accessible from within the Waking Up app.

The person manning the Waking Up support email responded that it is technically not yet possible to download these lessons as MP3 files, as one can with the podcast. Still, I am wondering whether anyone happened to have found a workaround to download these lessons as separate audio files.

Many thanks in advance.

Chunkylord

Chunkylord
Total Posts:  1
Joined  28-12-2018

28 December 2018 12:03

On android, the downloaded lessons and meditations are saved as mp3s to the top folder of my phone, and can be played on any mp3 player. If you’re on android, use a file explorer like “FX File Explorer”, or even a built in file explorer and you should be able to see any downloaded lessons/meditations from the app in the root directory of your phone. The only problem is that the mp3s aren’t labelled very well, so you can’t really distinguish between lessons and meditations. They all save as “wakingup65.mp3” and “wakingup9.mp3”, etc.

tudor

tudor
Joined  13-06-2017

28 December 2018 13:24

Well spotted, just what I needed - thanks a lot for helping out!

tudor

tudor
Joined  13-06-2017

11 May 2019 03:48

Annoyingly, it seems the newest version of the app changed this behaviour (most likely as a result of this very thread), and mp3s for lessons/meditation sessions that are downloaded are no longer saved in the root. If anyone has a different workaround, please do post. And if the devs read this: please consider how much easier it is for users to listen to this content in their own (platform-independent) media player rather than be constrained to their phones and to this app. Thank you!