Is there a scientific theory that explains the quality of pain in terms of the physical universe?

Speakpigeon

Speakpigeon
Total Posts:  118
Joined  01-10-2017

30 December 2018 06:24

Do you think there is a scientific theory that explains the quality of pain in terms of the physical universe?
By the term “quality” here, I mean the painful quality of pain as subjectively experienced by the person in pain.
Thank you to limit yourself to the facts of the matter, i.e. whether there is or not such a scientific theory, and if there is, thank you to identify it clearly.
EB

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1473
Joined  31-10-2015

30 December 2018 09:00

Speakpigeon - 30 December 2018 06:24 AM

Do you think there is a scientific theory that explains the quality of pain in terms of the physical universe?
By the term “quality” here, I mean the painful quality of pain as subjectively experienced by the person in pain.
Thank you to limit yourself to the facts of the matter, i.e. whether there is or not such a scientific theory, and if there is, thank you to identify it clearly.
EB

Sorry, but I can’t help but wonder in what contexts a theory that ignores the physical universe might be valid.

Speakpigeon

Speakpigeon
Joined  01-10-2017

31 December 2018 06:45

nonverbal - 30 December 2018 09:00 AM

EB

Sorry, but I can’t help but wonder in what contexts a theory that ignores the physical universe might be valid.

Sorry, but I can’t help but wonder whether you read the OP at all, and if you did how come you couldn’t understand the very simple question being asked. In the context of this thread, your post just doesn’t make any sense except as a case study in revisionism and dogmatism. High marks. Good job.
EB

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

31 December 2018 07:25

Speakpigeon - 31 December 2018 06:45 AM

EB

Sorry, but I can’t help but wonder whether you read the OP at all, and if you did how come you couldn’t understand the very simple question being asked. In the context of this thread, your post just doesn’t make any sense except as a case study in revisionism and dogmatism. High marks. Good job.
EB

Why on earth would you request an opinion about a theory that abides by the physical universe if you weren’t sick and tired of hearing opinions that don’t? I’m only asking for elaborations.

Speakpigeon

Speakpigeon
Joined  01-10-2017

31 December 2018 09:32

nonverbal - 31 December 2018 07:25 AM
Speakpigeon - 31 December 2018 06:45 AM

EB

EB

Why on earth would you request an opinion about a theory that abides by the physical universe if you weren’t sick and tired of hearing opinions that don’t?

Sorry, but I didn’t do that at all. You do have a feverish imagination. All I did was ask a simple, straightforward question: Do you think there is a scientific theory that explains the quality of pain in terms of the physical universe?
I didn’t ask for your opinion on anything except to answer this question. Why is it you seem utterly unable to understand this very simple fact?!
If you can’t get yourself to answer the bloody question, just abstain altogether.

nonverbal - 31 December 2018 07:25 AM

I’m only asking for elaborations.

No, you’re not. All you’re doing is first not answering the actual question being asked and second providing your unsolicited opinion on what you pretend to believe would be my motives and this in a way which is seriously misleading and devious. Nothing in what you’ve posted so far tallies with the facts of what I have posted myself.
EB

Speakpigeon

Speakpigeon
Joined  01-10-2017

31 December 2018 09:37

How is that addressing the OP?!
It’s a straightforward question and all you had to do was to reply “yes”, “no”, or “I don’t know”. Where’s the need for elaboration and where is you asking for elaboration?!

I can’t help but wonder in what contexts a theory that ignores the physical universe might be valid!!!
My ass.
EB

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

31 December 2018 10:12

Speakpigeon - 31 December 2018 09:37 AM

How is that addressing the OP?!
It’s a straightforward question and all you had to do was to reply “yes”, “no”, or “I don’t know”. Where’s the need for elaboration and where is you asking for elaboration?!

I can’t help but wonder in what contexts a theory that ignores the physical universe might be valid!!!
My ass.
EB

What’s your IQ, SP?

Speakpigeon

Speakpigeon
Joined  01-10-2017

02 January 2019 12:47

nonverbal - 31 December 2018 10:12 AM
Speakpigeon - 31 December 2018 09:37 AM

My ass.
EB

What’s your IQ, SP?

For sure, it’s for all to see that my IQ can only be very-very-very low, for I can’t seem to be able to make sense of your posts as legitimate and rational contributions to the debate. And, as my IQ also happens to be very-very-very low, I can’t seem to be able to find any reason for that except to come to the low-IQ conclusion that your posts are not legitimate and not rational contributions to the debate. And unfortunately, the fact that they are not doesn’t change the fact that my IQ must be very low. On the other hand, I have yet to see any sufficiently obvious evidence that yours isn’t near rock bottom. For my IQ being very low as you’ve keenly observed, it should be very easy for you to articulate why you can’t possibly offer anything like a legitimate and rational contribution to the debate, or indeed articulate to begin with.

Well, now, I guess this can only be judged harshly as outrageous overkill by the impartial witness to the scene. So, I do apologise but on the other hand, thy oughtn’t judge to harshly the low-IQ person that I am. I am what I am.
EB