Excerpts from the Brother Mario Category

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8266
Joined  20-02-2006

08 January 2019 12:27

Posted: 08 January 2019 11:41

Brother Mario - 07 January 2019 04:38 PM
The writers of the New Testament were the most honest and accurate writers in human history because they wrote unselfishly in the service of the OBJECTIVE AND ABSOLUTE TRUTH presented to them from either their own experiences or the experiences of others.

Show me a single objective fact that shows to us that the New Testament writers made up what they wrote to create Christianity.

Show me a single objective fact that shows to us that the first Christians didn’t experience exactly what was written about Jesus.

I can show you many objective facts that show to us that today’s skeptics write falsehoods as objective facts in service to their bigoted view of God.

(Sorry, Bruce, I read something wrong and wrote something stupid that I had to edit.)

Unsmoked responds:  https://thehumanist.com/magazine/march-april-2012/features/the-bible-according-to-thomas-jefferson

quote from this article:

“Thomas Jefferson was editing the Bible, a book regarded by most of his fellow Americans as the word of God. The act was certainly presumptuous, perhaps blasphemous. But Jefferson found the task simple. The worthy parts of the Bible were easily distinguishable from the worthless—“as distinguishable,” he later wrote in a letter to John Adams, “as diamonds in a dunghill.”  (end quote)

Mario, the authors of the New Testament believed that all those stories about Jesus were true for the same reason that you believe they are true - they were gullible and superstitious.  Not a single one of them witnessed the ‘immaculate conception’.  Not a single one of them saw the dead Jesus stirring back to life after being dead for three days (and after being photographed by God while he was dead - see the Shroud of Turin).  Not a single one of them saw him turning water into wine or doing any of the other fantastic things that superstitious people of that time and this time require their gods and demigods to live up to.

[ Edited: 08 January 2019 12:32 by unsmoked]

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6578
Joined  08-12-2006

08 January 2019 15:44

Obsess much?

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17329
Joined  15-02-2008

08 January 2019 21:18

If BM said it, you know it is a self-righteous pile of bullshit.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

10 January 2019 12:04

Posted: 09 January 2019 18:42 by Brother Mario

“All good questions, Cheshire Cat. I don’t get many here. In fact, I don’t get any. And that’s the rub — you and the posters here are not true skeptics looking for answers from the only places these answers can be found, but modern thinkers brainwashed by a cult of personality that has an idiotic secular Jew at its head.”  - Brother Mario

Unsmoked replies:  Mario, as you know, Sam Harris wrote a book that has the subtitle, ‘Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason.’

As you know, God asked a number of his most dedicated followers to commandeer four jumbo jets full of passengers and fly them into skyscrapers and government buildings full of people.  God has also asked you to come to the Sam Harris Forum and spread your scurrilous hate-filled remarks on a regular basis.  Like those other people who love God more than their own lives, and who listen carefully to what He is telling them to do, you shout your motto, before pressing the ‘Submit Post’ button.  “I am the way, the truth, and the life!  No one comes to the Father but by me!”

(see Brother Mario’s complete text to Cheshire Cat in the Brother Mario category post #1999)

[ Edited: 10 January 2019 12:09 by unsmoked]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

11 January 2019 12:17

Posted: 11 January 2019 12:10

Brother Mario - 10 January 2019 10:16 PM
Why would a human being look at a crucifix for meaning in their lives when they can look at a picture of a tiny horse native to Iceland?

Unsmoked responds:  Perhaps looking at crucifix reminds Catholics of the hundreds of years their Church busied itself torturing thousands of innocent people with unimaginable cruelty and then burning them to death as a public spectacle?  https://www.history.com/topics/religion/inquisition

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  31-10-2015

13 January 2019 19:16

One of my favorites, from Reply #327:
“Black girls are jealous of my derrière.”

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

19 January 2019 11:51

Posted: 19 January 2019 11:22

Brother Mario - 19 January 2019 08:59 AM
I went to school for 21 years. So once again the dull thinking around here tries to brighten itself up.

Unsmoked responds:  It’s the superiority of your education that enables you to know that the Shroud of Turin is not a medieval hoax, just as Trump’s superior intelligence enables him to know that human activity has not caused climate change.