Total Posts:  684
Joined  20-07-2017

29 March 2019 06:31

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6339
Joined  22-02-2005

01 April 2019 14:23

Secretary Pompeo has stated that God made Trump President in order to save Israel.

Mr. Mueller’s next mission should be to investigate any interference by Jehovah in the 2016 election. Did anyone in the Trump campaign collude with the Hebrew God? Was Yahweh properly vetted before receiving security clearance? No way!

If Mueller’s second report reveals no evidence of any collusion with nor interference by God, how would Fox handle the news? The President should be totally exonerated of divine intervention.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8587
Joined  20-02-2006

02 April 2019 11:25

Nhoj Morley - 01 April 2019 02:23 PM

Secretary Pompeo has stated that God made Trump President in order to save Israel.

Mr. Mueller’s next mission should be to investigate any interference by Jehovah in the 2016 election. Did anyone in the Trump campaign collude with the Hebrew God? Was Yahweh properly vetted before receiving security clearance? No way!

If Mueller’s second report reveals no evidence of any collusion with nor interference by God, how would Fox handle the news? The President should be totally exonerated of divine intervention.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/27/millions-of-americans-believe-god-made-trump-president-216537

We need to hear from Trump himself that there was no collusion with God to win the election.  And, no, he doesn’t get to answer the questions in writing.  He has to swear before a Grand Jury to tell the whole truth and nothing but. 

Trump:  No.  I won fair and square, there was no collusion with the Christian God.  Like Vlad, He wanted me to win.  But there was no collusion.  Okay, I let Graham and Falwell et al say a few prayers on my behalf, but there was no collusion.”

[ Edited: 02 April 2019 11:27 by unsmoked]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3308
Joined  21-10-2016

18 April 2019 12:14

Read and search the full [heavily redacted] Mueller report

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/politics/full-mueller-report-pdf/index.html

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

19 April 2019 11:17

Jan_CAN - 18 April 2019 12:14 PM

Read and search the full [heavily redacted] Mueller report

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/politics/full-mueller-report-pdf/index.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/the-mueller-report-wont-end-trumps-presidency-but-it-sure-makes-him-look-bad?

“Many commentators were surprised and outraged that Attorney General Barr held on to the report for as long as he did. Soon after he received it, he released a four-page summary, which now seems more than a little discordant with the tone and substance of Mueller’s actual findings. On Thursday morning, he held a twenty-two-minute press conference at the Justice Department to weigh in, once again, with his own views of how exculpatory the report is for President Trump—all before letting anyone actually read it. In his press conference, Barr made a number of dubious and highly questionable claims, such as an assertion that the White House had fully coöperated with Mueller’s investigation and that Mueller had found “no evidence” of the Trump campaign conspiring with Russia. In fact, the report details the many ways in which Trump was not only refusing to coöperate with the investigation but was doing his best to shut it down. For instance, he tried to get the White House counsel to fire Mueller and repeatedly lied about doing it. The Mueller report also notes that the lack of a conclusion about whether there was a conspiracy between Trump and Russia “does not mean there was no evidence.” But, having now read the report, I am not surprised by how the Attorney General chose to characterize it; William Barr, it turns out, is a perfect representative of the Trump Administration.”

Read more in this New Yorker article.

[ Edited: 19 April 2019 11:20 by unsmoked]

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6722
Joined  08-12-2006

19 April 2019 15:25

So, now the Blues are convinced that the AG is a lying shill for Trump and the Reds are chomping at the bit to go after the collusion investigators. Should be an entertaining election.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2735
Joined  19-01-2015

20 April 2019 01:46

Barr is demonstrably failing in his duties as AG - and he has no excuse of incompetence unlike everyone else working for Trump.
Mueller set out to prove Trump innocent (because there was no option of finding him guilty), and he clearly states that there is no question that Trump would.not have be indicted if he wasn’t president.

Barr is flat out lying about this

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5100
Joined  28-05-2009

20 April 2019 10:05

I feel like many people are presuming a conclusion based on partisan bias rather than any assessment of fact. Trumpers claim full vindication and exoneration even though the text of the report says explicitly otherwise. Many Trump critics assumed guilt from the outset before anything had been investigated. I wish there were a rational space to examine the facts we do possess without presumptions of motive or emotional reasoning.

As I understand it the full, unredacted report has been officially subpoenaed by the House Justice Committee. This seems like like the right course.As much as I’d love to see Trump hang I can’t endorse publishing an unredacted report that, in all probability contains information that will compromise operational security. And really, what good what it do if that did happen? Die hards on both sides would not accept any fact within it that contradicted their narrative… as we’ve borne witness to in past federal scandals. I’d like people of both partisan persuasions to take two big steps back and evaluate whether they think our justice system is so worthless as to be a mere tool of political ambition. I mean, if that’s truly the case we have far worse problems than Trump.

I think the legal system, while far from perfect is actually one of the more objective and rational bodies of authority. I think it would be prudent to extend them a little more confidence in this particular situation. They know the world is watching. That’s part of why this is all so slow.

All that said, I do agree with EN. The best holistic solution is mobilize the vote. That will do more good than anything else right now.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2735
Joined  19-01-2015

20 April 2019 12:08

I agree that the most important thing to do is to learn from everything that has happened since 2016.

there is a lot to do:

- strengthen the post of Special Counsel again to make it report to Congress, not the AG
- pass an act that clarifies the scope of the Emoluments clause to make the income of the President transparent to oversight
- task the IC with reporting election-relevant information at any time and under any circumstance, even if it might affect voting behavior
- task social media companies with monitoring and dampening viral campaigns related to elections

and lots more

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

20 April 2019 12:33

Twissel - 20 April 2019 12:08 PM

I agree that the most important thing to do is to learn from everything that has happened since 2016.

there is a lot to do:

- strengthen the post of Special Counsel again to make it report to Congress, not the AG
- pass an act that clarifies the scope of the Emoluments clause to make the income of the President transparent to oversight
- task the IC with reporting election-relevant information at any time and under any circumstance, even if it might affect voting behavior
- task social media companies with monitoring and dampening viral campaigns related to elections

and lots more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/04/04/think-money-doesnt-matter-in-elections-this-chart-says-youre-wrong/?noredirect=on&utm;_term=.a2108dff4693

Headline in this article:  91% of the time the better-financed candidate wins. Don’t act surprised.

Example:  https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/11/7/18069940/election-results-2018-energy-carbon-fracking-ballot-initiatives

Headline in this article:  Fossil fuel money crushed clean energy ballot initiatives across the country.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

04 May 2019 11:28

‘A Toady in the White House’ - another honorable reputation down the drain.  https://www.newyorker.com/cartoons/daily-cartoon/thursday-may-2nd-william-barr-toady

Would any of this claptrap be necessary if we could just read the Mueller Report?

clap·trap -  noun - absurd or nonsensical talk or ideas.

synonyms: nonsense, rubbish, balderdash, gibberish, blarney, guff, blather, blether

[ Edited: 04 May 2019 11:30 by unsmoked]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

10 June 2019 13:00

Update on William Barr

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/09/us/politics/who-is-william-barr.html

“Now they see in him someone who has glossed over Mr. Trump’s misdeeds, smeared his investigators and positioned himself to possibly declassify information for political gain — not the Bill Barr they thought they knew.”

< 1 2