< 1 2

Evangelicals for Trump - Their Bargain with the Devil

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8579
Joined  20-02-2006

31 January 2019 12:50

EN - 31 January 2019 12:18 PM

I have explicitly criticized the Evangelicals on these points.  That being the case, I reject any implication that I am tacitly providing them cover by simply stating my beliefs.  One cannot tacitly approve what one explicitly rejects. That is my point.

Let’s say you are a member of the NRA and feel very strongly that private citizens should not be allowed to own military-style weapons that can kill 50 people in a minute or two.  Would you agree that the NRA and most of its machine gun-owning members still gain power from your being a member?

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21484
Joined  11-03-2007

31 January 2019 13:15

unsmoked - 31 January 2019 12:50 PM
EN - 31 January 2019 12:18 PM

I have explicitly criticized the Evangelicals on these points.  That being the case, I reject any implication that I am tacitly providing them cover by simply stating my beliefs.  One cannot tacitly approve what one explicitly rejects. That is my point.

Let’s say you are a member of the NRA and feel very strongly that private citizens should not be allowed to own military-style weapons that can kill 50 people in a minute or two.  Would you agree that the NRA and most of its machine gun-owning members still gain power from your being a member?

Let’s say you are a member of an atheist forum and one of the members buys that gun that kills 50 people, yelling as he does it that “there is no god and life has no ultimate meaning.”  Would you agree that he gained power from your being a member who supports his philosophy of there not being a god or ultimate meaning?

I’m not a member of the NRA, nor am I a member of an evangelical church.  Neither gets any support or power from me.

[ Edited: 31 January 2019 13:58 by EN]

< 1 2