Joined  11-03-2007

31 January 2019 16:12

Then God wanted Obama - twice.

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  7176
Joined  15-05-2009

31 January 2019 17:15

Believers could see God’s will played out in many ways.  Maybe God is punishing the US for not being faithful enough?  Or maybe he’s showing us how bad things can get when a President is a blatant liar and narcissist?  Trump is like the negative example.  So, yeah, this is what it is like when white nationalist, America First principles get put into practice.  This is what it’s like when a ruthless business titan tries to run the country.  (And watch out for Starbuck’s CEO too.)

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1321
Joined  01-11-2014

31 January 2019 17:24

I wonder which team God wants to win the Super Bowl this Sunday?

Who knew God was such a micromanager?

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21694
Joined  11-03-2007

31 January 2019 18:16

Cheshire Cat - 31 January 2019 05:24 PM

I wonder which team God wants to win the Super Bowl this Sunday?

Who knew God was such a micromanager?

God is definitely a Patriot.  Rams are no match for Patriots.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1880
Joined  14-08-2008

01 February 2019 03:16

The premise of God forcing the outcome of an election is an odd one. How does that work? Does God cause people who would have voted for somebody else to vote for his preferred candidate instead? Wouldn’t that be a violation of our free will? Does he just make supporters of the opposing candidate decide to stay home on election day? Or does he somehow rig the final vote count? And if he’s so intent on implementing his will in regards to how we should manage our governments/laws, why doesn’t he just come down and assume the role of Leader himself? Crazy. 

Ron

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Joined  15-05-2009

01 February 2019 06:41

According to the Bible, God does affect people’s will.  For example, God “hardened” the heart of Pharaoh so that he refused over and over to let the Hebrew people leave from Egypt.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21694
Joined  11-03-2007

01 February 2019 08:37

hannahtoo - 01 February 2019 06:41 AM

According to the Bible, God does affect people’s will.  For example, God “hardened” the heart of Pharaoh so that he refused over and over to let the Hebrew people leave from Egypt.

The problem is anyone claiming to know when God does this.  How does Sarah know that the same thing didn’t happen with Clinton.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7686
Joined  22-02-2014

01 February 2019 09:07

MrRon - 31 January 2019 03:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4IwzSdaPAc

Enjoy.

Ron

This just reinforces my take that she’s either a liar or an idiot, and probably both.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8683
Joined  20-02-2006

01 February 2019 12:17

No, no.  It’s just that nobody told God about the Electoral College.  Blame it on St. Peter . . . (since fired and said to be writing a book about the blame game in heaven)

Letter from Trump’s Washington
Trump Lost the Shutdown, But At Least God Made Him President, and He’s Building That Wall - by Susan B. Glasser

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/trump-lost-the-shutdown-but-at-least-god-made-him-president-and-hes-building-that-wall?

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Joined  15-05-2009

01 February 2019 12:25

icehorse - 01 February 2019 09:07 AM

Enjoy.

Ron

This just reinforces my take that she’s either a liar or an idiot, and probably both.

I doubt she’s an idiot.  I see her as an ideologue who believes that the ends justify the means.  And thus, stone-walling and white-washing Pres Trump is better than being straight forward about the circus that is his Administration.  I’d be very interested to know what the “ends” are in her mind, specifically.  Personal, like surviving as a tough woman in a man’s world?  Or social, like getting conservative judges appointed?  Beating back the march of globalism?  Or religious, like hastening Armageddon?

Maybe Sarah Sanders had some scruples coming into the job.  But once you’ve stood at a podium in front of a room of news reporters, on camera, and told your first lie—not obfuscation or beat-around-the-bush, but flat out lie—it probably gets easier and easier to do after that.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7686
Joined  22-02-2014

01 February 2019 12:30

hannahtoo - 01 February 2019 12:25 PM
icehorse - 01 February 2019 09:07 AM

Enjoy.

Ron

I doubt she’s an idiot.  I see her as an ideologue who believes that the ends justify the means.  And thus, stone-walling and white-washing Pres Trump is better than being straight forward about the circus that is his Administration.  I’d be very interested to know what the “ends” are in her mind, specifically.  Personal, like surviving as a tough woman in a man’s world?  Or social, like getting conservative judges appointed?  Beating back the march of globalism?  Or religious, like hastening Armageddon?

Maybe Sarah Sanders had some scruples coming into the job.  But once you’ve stood at a podium in front of a room of news reporters, on camera, and told your first lie—not obfuscation or beat-around-the-bush, but flat out lie—it probably gets easier and easier to do after that.

You’re probably right, and if so, I think your take is even more damning.

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Joined  15-05-2009

01 February 2019 15:17

I mean, as a spokesperson for Trump, what is she supposed to say?  “Oh the President just tweets off the top of his head, alone in the wee hours. He feels that unfiltered is best.”  Or, “Yes, the President likes to bloviate.  You should just get used to that.”  Or, “He’s dug himself in too deep to change his position on that.”  No press secretary could expect to utter the truth about this President.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

04 February 2019 11:22

hannahtoo - 01 February 2019 03:17 PM

I mean, as a spokesperson for Trump, what is she supposed to say?  “Oh the President just tweets off the top of his head, alone in the wee hours. He feels that unfiltered is best.”  Or, “Yes, the President likes to bloviate.  You should just get used to that.”  Or, “He’s dug himself in too deep to change his position on that.”  No press secretary could expect to utter the truth about this President.

No, but wouldn’t it be a great way to go?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZKO_68_WI  (“Is that what you call cover?”)

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Joined  15-05-2009

04 February 2019 12:16

unsmoked - 04 February 2019 11:22 AM

No, but wouldn’t it be a great way to go?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZKO_68_WI  (“Is that what you call cover?”)

Argh, it’s too painful to see Redford and Newman get shot again!

But anyway, my husband said he wants to watch the State of the Union message just to see the facial and body language of Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell sitting behind the President.  I think I’ll probably wait for the transcript.  I can’t stand to watch that man speak.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

05 February 2019 09:05

hannahtoo - 04 February 2019 12:16 PM
unsmoked - 04 February 2019 11:22 AM

Argh, it’s too painful to see Redford and Newman get shot again!

But anyway, my husband said he wants to watch the State of the Union message just to see the facial and body language of Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell sitting behind the President.  I think I’ll probably wait for the transcript.  I can’t stand to watch that man speak.

I said exactly the same thing to a friend yesterday.  I’ll wait for news reports.  Someone should invent a lie detector that can read facial expressions - one that sounded a buzzer with each lie.  In the meantime, maybe Nancy could carry a Harpo Marx bulb horn.

1 2 >