Total Posts:  17337
Joined  15-02-2008

17 February 2019 13:37

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1183
Joined  01-11-2014

17 February 2019 14:28

“Recycling is NOT good for the world. It is bad for the environment, it is bad for our health, and it is bad for our economy. I’m not kidding. Recycling is not good for the environment. It is destructive to the earth and it is a major contributor to global warming. Recycling is not good for our health. It contributes to obesity and diseases like heart disease and cancer. Recycling is bad for our economy. It increases the cost of a product, and in turn, the price of everything that is made with that product. Recycling is not good for our nation. We pay a tremendous price for the privilege of having the world’s most advanced and efficient recycling system. Recycling is a huge, colossal waste of time, energy, money, and resources.”

Hmmm.

Makes me wonder if all of Fox News isn’t written by some AI program.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

17 February 2019 16:32

Cheshire Cat - 17 February 2019 02:28 PM

“Recycling is NOT good for the world. It is bad for the environment, it is bad for our health, and it is bad for our economy. I’m not kidding. Recycling is not good for the environment. It is destructive to the earth and it is a major contributor to global warming. Recycling is not good for our health. It contributes to obesity and diseases like heart disease and cancer. Recycling is bad for our economy. It increases the cost of a product, and in turn, the price of everything that is made with that product. Recycling is not good for our nation. We pay a tremendous price for the privilege of having the world’s most advanced and efficient recycling system. Recycling is a huge, colossal waste of time, energy, money, and resources.”

Hmmm.

Interesting isn’t it.

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher
Total Posts:  698
Joined  13-02-2017

18 February 2019 18:33

Oh god protect us!  Protect us from a program that can duplicate what a high school kid can do.  Oh the horrors of “AI”....!

Me thinks these guys congratulate themselves too much.

[ Edited: 18 February 2019 18:37 by TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher]

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

18 February 2019 18:57

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher - 18 February 2019 06:33 PM

Oh god protect us!  Protect us from a program that can duplicate what a high school kid can do.  Oh the horrors of “AI”....!

Me thinks these guys congratulate themselves too much.

Except it can do it 24/7, run billions of copies, never get tried and only get smarter.

Abel Dean

Abel Dean
Total Posts:  350
Joined  03-11-2017

18 February 2019 20:30

This is truly frightening. With that code, Russia could invade every online community, overwhelm the Internet infrastructure with believable human-like propaganda, and they would need human workers only to get past registrations and captchas. I read the bit about recycling. I agreed with it until it started talking about obesity and heart disease.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9326
Joined  20-10-2006

18 February 2019 23:23

Cheshire Cat - 17 February 2019 02:28 PM

I’m sure the AI could be programmed to mimic a whacked left-winger, too.  Then we would have dueling AI in the Comments sections.  (Internet rule:  Don’t read the Comments sections)

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2621
Joined  19-01-2015

19 February 2019 01:07

It should be possible to test a text for traces of A.I. origin. Websites could test them before letting them get posted.