We are All Hormonal Guinea Pigs

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Total Posts:  483
Joined  28-04-2017

20 March 2019 12:43

While we’ve been going about our daily business, our society has slowly changed into an orgy of blue, LED light consumption.  The hormonal effects of light have been well-documented for some time now…..everything from testosterone to cortisol to melatonin to leptin to circadian rhythms (which if disrupted also affect hormones).

Consider this:  a women works for 30 years, 9-5 under blue lights.  Her melatonin production is undoubtedly compromised.  During her pregnancy, she continues to work for the first 6 months, the whole time her melatonin production is compromised.  Infants do NOT produce their own melatonin - they are reliant on the placenta and mother’s milk to obtain this hormone.

Why is no one talking about this?

Why is society not serious about addressing the consistent decline in male testosterone?  The MGTOW thing could feasibly be the result of a generation of low T males not having what it takes to attract women.  The widespread presence of these low T males is a problem for both genders, because obtaining sex with a viable partner is one of the main driving forces in human psychology.

Why do we expose tens of millions of kids to blue or LED lights 7 hours a day at school plus whatever they get at home?

Why are we treating our species and children as hormonal guinea pigs?

The idea that it’s OKAY to do this out of convenience is a crime against humanity…..if the schools have to invest in full spectrum lights in order to mimic the light frequencies of the sun then SO BE IT.  If the schools have to buy the kids blue light blocking glasses, SO BE IT.

It is a simple fact that blue light and lack of sunlight cause hormonal issues.  Knowingly and unnecessarily consistently exposing kids to hormonal disruptions is a form of child abuse (once it is known and understood). 

Because society would rather have a “valid excuse” than do what’s best for kids, we are setting ourselves up for a generation of mentally and physically weak and broken people who will be great profit farms for the health care/pharmaceutical industry.

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/06/23/science/from-fertility-to-mood-sunlight-found-to-affect-human-biology.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9509071

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4316124/

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/06/23/science/from-fertility-to-mood-sunlight-found-to-affect-human-biology.html

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/blog/how-blue-light-affects-mental-health

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2895
Joined  19-01-2015

21 March 2019 04:52

It is blue light now?
I thought it was chemtrails…

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Joined  28-04-2017

21 March 2019 12:04

Twissel - 21 March 2019 04:52 AM

It is blue light now?
I thought it was chemtrails…

I mean, you can either look at the science or not.  What studies we do have about the effects of light on hormones and neurotransmitters have pretty clear results - the type of light and how much we expose ourselves to is very significant to our physical and mental health.

So what has already been shown is obviously significant, but it only scratches the surface because we haven’t done studies about the long-term effects of 8 hrs/day blue light exposure vs someone who works outdoors or with minimal blue light exposure.

The idea that this is anything like the topic of chemtrails is laughable - you must have not read any of the links I posted.  Twissel…...I can’t understand what motivates you to respond to my posts and I probably never will.  Now time to get away from this blue light screen and soak up some rays!

Let’s say all these links from respected scientists and organizations contain 100% lies.  Simply try reducing your own blue light exposure and see if it makes any difference for you.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  22-02-2005

21 March 2019 23:07

Us LED people are talking but few are listening. I looked at the articles you cited. Some of it gets a little off course. I can flesh some of this out.

The one issue I haven’t heard is the threat to humanity that women will be frustrated at males’ lack of testosterone.

Why LED blue?
Much of the light from modern LED bulbs and fixtures is emitted by a mixture of colored phosphor with an abundance of yellow. Phosphor can be excited by photons of a shorter bandwidth than the photon they will emit. Different combinations of certain semi-conductors will make a diode junction that emits photons of a particular frequency or color. When a combination that makes blue light was discovered, cheap room illumination became possible. Being at the top of the spectrum, blue can excite all the other phosphor colors. Pack them together and we have a white-light LED.

Blue is a range of the spectrum and the diode emits a thin band of blue at 470 nm. It looks like a spike on a spectrum graph. Warm or cool light is established by the proportion of phosphors. Since some of the blue photons from the diode are consumed in exciting the phosphor (the rest shoot through), warmer bulbs with more phosphor have a bit less of the diode’s blue coming out of them, but not much less. 470 nm is also present in sunlight.

Research has established that the presence and absence of the blue range creates our circadian rhythms. I believe that. I haven’t had one in a least a decade. I type under the orangey glow of incandescent bulbs dimmed to 50%.

There is some concern that diode-blue light can affect dairy products at close range. I pull my half and half from the back of the row. We need to discern problems from diode-blue on our skin and into OUR EYEBALLS. The old fluorescent tubes I grew up under were a greater spectral menace. Lighting is going in an overall positive direction.

The risk is magnified by those LED entrepreneurs who demand a quick maximizing of profit so they can bribe their children into school. Low-watt fixtures get government subsidies. The easy way to do that is to let as much diode-blue spill out of the fixture as possible. Lotsa lux for less watts becomes the whole equation. It is all brighter than it needs to be.

Screen back-lighting has the same issue. Actual LED pixels is better because there is no need for a strong blue source to charge a rainbow of phosphor. Some of the blue will shoot right through.

There is hope but progress has been slow in smarter and more expensive RGB technology. The legalization of marijuana is speeding things up.

[ Edited: 21 March 2019 23:56 by Nhoj Morley]
Image Attachments

chartsch.jpg

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Joined  28-04-2017

22 March 2019 10:05

Nhoj Morley - 21 March 2019 11:07 PM

There is some concern that diode-blue light can affect dairy products at close range. I pull my half and half from the back of the row. We need to discern problems from diode-blue on our skin and into OUR EYEBALLS. The old fluorescent tubes I grew up under were a greater spectral menace. Lighting is going in an overall positive direction.

The risk is magnified by those LED entrepreneurs who demand a quick maximizing of profit so they can bribe their children into school. Low-watt fixtures get government subsidies. The easy way to do that is to let as much diode-blue spill out of the fixture as possible. Lotsa lux for less watts becomes the whole equation. It is all brighter than it needs to be.

Screen back-lighting has the same issue. Actual LED pixels is better because there is no need for a strong blue source to charge a rainbow of phosphor. Some of the blue will shoot right through.

There is hope but progress has been slow in smarter and more expensive RGB technology. The legalization of marijuana is speeding things up.

Thanks Nhoj…..you know a lot more about this topic than I do.  With so many massive changes in human life, and with so many spreading health issues which either didn’t exist or weren’t documented before, we have to examine things thoroughly.  Lack of understanding leads to misdiagnosis and looking in the wrong spheres for answers.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  22-02-2005

25 March 2019 08:08

Quadrewple - 22 March 2019 10:05 AM

we have to examine things thoroughly.

That could translate as not being short-sighted and taking the long view. It is the problem with everything we do.

I proposed many coordinated product schemes over the years but was always met with the same resistance. Sales people say you can’t sell complexity to the public. They say customers are reached by the simple and stupid. The sooner a salesperson wraps their mind around that, the sooner they will sell things. I say if folks look at it long enough, they will spot the BS. They say, trust us, they won’t.

Being short-sighted is not like being tiny and unable to see over obstructions. Human intelligence is a procedure that, if continued without interruption or derailment, leads to further smartness. Wisdom comes from stamina.

We may think we are lofty in our smartness but in practice, it is more a matter of distance and duration than height. Let’s surprise those in control. Go the distance.

Let’s be slow and steady on diode-blue. I would hate to see it become a mythical issue like vaccinations. My beef is with the exposed pinpoints of light. We iris in or out based on a sort of zonal averaging of light level. Pinpoints bypass this defense and saturate the retina. Extra fixture features that redirect or block stray display light are the first to go when the cost-cutters start cutting costs. They know you’re going to see it. They’re sure you’re not going to think about it.