History Professor Juan Cole on “The End of Faith”

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7486
Joined  22-02-2014

28 June 2019 20:56

lynmc - 28 June 2019 04:25 PM
icehorse - 25 June 2019 08:53 PM

when you want to debate in good faith, let me know.

You spent many “crayons” avoiding saying anything to back up your assertions on supremacism in sharia or the Quran (also your evaluation of Juan Cole’s article), and when you finally produced something, it was a fallacious.  The most generous benefit of the doubt I could give you was that you fail to understand what “supremacism” actually is - a less generous (but IMHO more likely) reason for you to spend so much effort not to say anything verifiable would be that you simply want to repeat your Islamophobic talking points and don’t care about truth or logic.  That isn’t debating in good faith.  Persistently, almost insistently failing to back up your points with facts or logic isn’t debating in good faith.  To debate in good faith, I would require someone on the other side who is willing to do so.  ‘Nuff said.

Will you pay me $5 for every citation I’ve made on this forum to date?

lynmc

lynmc
Total Posts:  443
Joined  03-08-2014

30 June 2019 21:20

icehorse - 28 June 2019 08:56 PM
lynmc - 28 June 2019 04:25 PM
icehorse - 25 June 2019 08:53 PM

when you want to debate in good faith, let me know.

You spent many “crayons” avoiding saying anything to back up your assertions on supremacism in sharia or the Quran (also your evaluation of Juan Cole’s article), and when you finally produced something, it was a fallacious.  The most generous benefit of the doubt I could give you was that you fail to understand what “supremacism” actually is - a less generous (but IMHO more likely) reason for you to spend so much effort not to say anything verifiable would be that you simply want to repeat your Islamophobic talking points and don’t care about truth or logic.  That isn’t debating in good faith.  Persistently, almost insistently failing to back up your points with facts or logic isn’t debating in good faith.  To debate in good faith, I would require someone on the other side who is willing to do so.  ‘Nuff said.

Will you pay me $5 for every citation I’ve made on this forum to date?

Perhaps you should try the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs?  They pay for pro-Israel propaganda:
Israel To Pay Students For Pro-Israeli Social Media Propaganda

Of course, Islamophobic posts aren’t considered pro-Israel by liberal Zionists, just the more right-wing ones.  Try those people at the Gatestone institute, they’re of the Islamophobic pro-Israel variety (that is, framing Muslims as violent fanatics to bolster the idea of Israel as an outpost of Western civilization in the “context” of a backwards area), if you want to get paid for such garbage.

I will happily pay you what your citations are generally worth, at best $0 but often less.

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

30 June 2019 21:35

lyn:

Persistently, almost insistently failing to back up your points with facts or logic isn’t debating in good faith.

The point that you seem to be avoiding is that you’ve accused me of not backing up my facts. I feel i have, with both sound logic AND good citations. So here we are. Instead of debating the points, you’ve reduced yourself to character slurs. My proposition is the only way I think it’ll be worth my while to go back and list all of the citations I’ve used. You’re the one making the claim here. I think your claim is rubbish, and for a price, I’ll be happy to prove it.

lynmc

lynmc
Total Posts:  443
Joined  03-08-2014

01 July 2019 21:54

icehorse - 30 June 2019 09:35 PM

lyn:

Persistently, almost insistently failing to back up your points with facts or logic isn’t debating in good faith.

The point that you seem to be avoiding is that you’ve accused me of not backing up my facts. I feel i have, with both sound logic AND good citations. So here we are. Instead of debating the points, you’ve reduced yourself to character slurs. My proposition is the only way I think it’ll be worth my while to go back and list all of the citations I’ve used. You’re the one making the claim here. I think your claim is rubbish, and for a price, I’ll be happy to prove it.

I’m still waiting for you to back up your assertions that Juan Cole mis-characterized Sam Harris’s book or that he used anecdotal evidence. Your logic regarding the supremacism in the Quran is, as noted before, rubbish, I just proved that but you can’t seem to understand that I proved it (so rather than a slur, it’s a statement of fact that you’re either stupid or willfully obtuse - which is not an indication of debate in good faith).  Repeatedly, you fail to back up your claims on the above points - can you quote yourself from this thread, where you do back up the points with good citations and sound logic?  I’ll pay you if you can do so.  And furthermore, when challenged, you just change the subject, here, for example, to an accusation that I’ve made character slurs.  I don’t doubt you have lots of citations in other threads, and some of them may even be from reliable sources.  Many others aren’t, the quantity of your citations doesn’t make them any good.

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

02 July 2019 08:52

you think it’s a good review. i disagree.

i’m not going to do any more of the heavy lifting for you, ciao

< 1 2 3