“Game of Thrones” TV series

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2981
Joined  21-10-2016

14 April 2019 09:00

In my opinion, Game of Thrones is one of the best series to hit the TV screen.  Not just because of the special effects which are awesome, but for the exciting stories, the writing, the abundance of interesting characters, and the great actors.

The final season starts tonight so in the next weeks we’ll see storylines resolved and find out how it all turns out for our favourite characters.  Or perhaps not completely if there are plans for any series spinoffs.

Will the living defeat the White Walkers, and if they do, how huge will be the cost?

Who will finally sit on the Iron Throne?  (I’m rooting for shared Jon/Daenerys rule.)

Once it’s revealed who Jon Snow is and that Daenerys is his aunt, how will this affect their relationship, both romantically and bend-the-knee-wise.

Will the delectably evil Cersei get her just deserts?  Have her baby?

Will Tormund and Brienne hook up?

Will the last two dragons survive?  To breed future dragons?

So many questions ...

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17358
Joined  15-02-2008

14 April 2019 09:06

Great show! Can’t wait to see how it ends, but have to wait until the season is over and then buy one month of HBO and binge it.

[ Edited: 14 April 2019 09:35 by GAD]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2981
Joined  21-10-2016

14 April 2019 09:18

GAD - 14 April 2019 09:06 AM

Great show? Can’t wait to see how it ends, but have to wait until the season is over and then buy one month of HBO and binge it.

Yes, I also look forward to seeing how it ends.  If there are future posts to this thread after the season begins, you might want to watch not to read any ‘spoilers’ since you plan to watch it later.

Once the series is over, I think I might buy a complete set on DVD.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2647
Joined  19-01-2015

14 April 2019 12:56

I started to read the books really late (but before the show started) in the hopes that Martin would finish the series by the time I got to the end.
Never happened.

I very much doubt that the series can be brought to a satisfying conclusion - I fear we are going to end up with a very violent, sexed-up version of Lost.