Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3308
Joined  21-10-2016

21 May 2019 20:41

burt - 21 May 2019 07:30 PM
Jan_CAN - 21 May 2019 03:17 PM
LadyJane - 21 May 2019 02:12 PM

There were more survivors than I thought there’d be at the end.  All good things must come to an end and any disappointment is probably more a reflection of that than the way it ended. 

I enjoyed Sam’s suggestion of democratically electing a leader which was met with rollicking laughter and the inspiring speech by Tyrion that followed.  About Bran.  The adventurous boy who’d been crippled as a child and learned how to fly.  The Stark to become the Three Eyed Raven and venture beyond the great wall in the north while learning the past, present and future of civilization.  In order to save civilization.  A living history.  Fit for a King.  Bran the Broken. 

I don’t wanna overstate this, but, that was the greatest show ever in the history of everything.

I completely agree – the greatest show ever!

We’re definitely on the same wavelength; the speech by Tyrion was excellent – what writing and acting!  And the response to Sam’s apparently too-ahead-of-its-time proposal for democracy was hilarious.

And the new council’s discussion about rebuilding priorities – brothels or shipyards?

That last scene with Jon and Daenerys was very well done.

Another excellent speech from another fantastic series, Babylon 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4KVcV_rMwY

Yes, we need look no further than fantasy/sci-fi for inspiration and philosophy lessons, eh?

< 1 2