1 2 > 

Making sense of the Jewish IQ advantage

Abel Dean

Abel Dean
Total Posts:  427
Joined  03-11-2017

20 April 2019 07:30

The rise of the Internet has allowed the far right to gain visibility, along with their troubling takes on the science of human intelligence. Only intelligence researchers and white nationalists are likely to believe that racial intelligence differences are mostly due to genetics. The science tends to serve the ideological ends of white nationalism, with a few exceptions. The most obvious exception is the Jewish intelligence advantage. White nationalists tend to believe that Jews are rich and socially successful mainly because they conspire to help each other. Part of this presumed conspiracy is that Jews are bringing extinction to the white race by encouraging anti-family liberal values and by importing hordes of non-white migrants from the third world for the sake of diversity, to help protect Jews from genocide or expulsion.

One of their key premises is plainly correct: Jews on average are rich and socially successful, vastly exceeding non-Jewish whites on every measure. Though only 2% of the population among white nations and only 0.2% of the world, they are 11.6% of the world’s billionaires, 22.4% of Nobel Prize winners, and 50% of world chess champions. The Jewish religion is practiced by 10% of Mensa, even though Mensa accepts only the top 2% on the IQ scale of the UK or the USA. Within every field where greater intelligence has greater importance, Jews are vastly overrepresented.

This is difficult to explain except with racial hereditarian theory, because not every group of Jews has this advantage, not even every group of European Jews. It is only one in particular: Ashkenazi Jews. They are the Jews of northern Europe, concentrated in Germany. They have an average IQ between 110 and 115. For context, this means Ashkenazi Jews are to non-Jewish whites what whites are to Latinos: at least a 10-point difference in average IQ. The other major group of European Jews is Sephardic Jews, concentrated in Spain, and they do NOT over-represent any set of accomplishments relative to whites at large, which follows from their average IQ being only 98, about on par with whites on average. If this intelligence difference is merely cultural, then what are Ashkenazi doing vastly differently from Sephardic Jews? They have the same religious traditions and about the same emphases on education and literacy.

When some liberal dogmatists bend to admit that maybe genetic differences have something to do with racial intelligence differences, this is it. They can call the Ashkenazi Jewish intelligence advantage genetic and still be politically correct, because Jews are popularly seen as a victim group, not as an oppressor group. The anti-blank-slate lecturer Steven Pinker is an example: Ashkenazi Jews are the only group in which he admits that genotypic group intelligence differences probably exist (perhaps self-serving, as he himself is an Ashkenazi Jew). Other than that, presumably, genotypic intelligence differences exist only among individuals, not among any other groups. In 2016, a survey of intelligence researchers showed that they were most likely to attribute genetics to the IQ advantage of “Jews in the Western world,” compared to other international groups. On the other hand, intelligence researchers were least likely to attribute genetics to the IQ disadvantage of Latin America, compared to other international groups.

Aside from intelligence researchers, the far right is the only group of people who accept that the Ashkenazi Jewish intelligence advantage is largely genetic. Even David Duke openly accepts this. You may think this should be at odds with the theory that whites are the master race. But, they can reconcile it because, for one thing, they don’t actually believe that whites are the master race (Hitler believed in white racial supremacism but seemingly not white nationalists today), and additionally they can claim that Jews are using their intelligence to bring down the white race. At the same time, some of the central lines of evidence in favor of their conspiracy theory would be fully explained by the Jewish intelligence advantage without any need for a conspiracy. A favorite argument among them is that Jews are vastly overrepresented among the richest and most influential people in media and politics. That is true, but it is expected merely from their IQ advantage. Why believe in a vast racial conspiracy? Mainstream thinkers, in contrast, have nothing convincing to say against this argument. Racial hereditarian theory is the only convincing alternative to racial conspiracy theories.

If genetics causes the Jewish intelligence advantage, then what caused the genetics? Many speculations exist, but the most convincing hypothesis is that European Jews of the Middle Ages were excluded by Christians from other trades, and only one trade tended to be available to Jews: banking. In the Middle Ages, loans with interest (the only way a lender can make a profit) were forbidden among Christians, because it was considered to be the sin of usury. Usury was a sin also among Jews, but they had a loophole: they could loan with interest to Gentiles. So Jews were the only bankers of northern Europe, and they were necessary to get a Christian’s business off the ground. In the Middle Ages, there were no welfare states, and you could raise many children only if you were successful in your career. To be successful in the career of banking required intelligence much more than any other trait. It wasn’t just mathematical skill: it required accurately and efficiently assessing every loan applicant’s credit through their social connections. So, the intelligent Jews were naturally selected.

The liberal preference for favoring Jews as a victim group may not last for long. Divisions have long existed among liberals with respect to Jews (i.e. the recent drama of the Women’s March), and the anti-Jewish element may gain more popularity, because Jews have “white privilege” on steroids and because Jews now have their own nation in which they seem to oppress and exclude a victim group with a more rightful historical claim to the land. In prewar Germany, the Jews were targeted not so much because of their presumed genetic inferiority but because a conspiracy theory accused them of sowing discord and stealing like rats the rightful wealth of Aryans. The Nazis did not even know about the science of IQ (it was merely a British and American thing) nor the heritability of intelligence variations. Racial hereditarian theory would help counter the false racial conspiratorial narratives, if only liberal dogmas allowed it. Instead, liberal dogmas are more likely to encourage the racial conspiratorial narratives.

One way or the other, we need to stop letting our political dogmas have such a strong influence over our beliefs about objective reality. Objective reality does not give a single shit about our dogmas, and belief in what is objectively accurate will help our own political objectives in ways we do not expect. Delusions will help nobody, especially not the people you want to protect.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  31-10-2015

20 April 2019 10:11

. . . So we can get on with the business of executing a grand tinkering of human intelligence with the goal of—what?—to equalize us intellectually? If so, that would be a treacherous goal, it seems to me. Is it really so frightful if our species remains somewhat cognitively diverse?

Abel Dean

Abel Dean
Joined  03-11-2017

20 April 2019 10:41

nonverbal - 20 April 2019 10:11 AM

. . . So we can get on with the business of executing a grand tinkering of human intelligence with the goal of—what?—to equalize us intellectually? If so, that would be a treacherous goal, it seems to me. Is it really so frightful if our species remains somewhat cognitively diverse?

If the only benefit that follows from people believing in the accurate science of human nature is to make the racial conspiracy theories seem more absurd, then I expect that is benefit enough. If we want to engineer greater intelligence, then I expect that is even better, even if only the currently advantaged races become even smarter, which would be the most probable outcome if human genetic engineering remains outlawed in the western world. Greater intelligence generally benefits the whole world regardless of who has it. If we want to make the disadvantaged races smarter, then it first requires a drastic revolution in our thinking, which may be far over the horizon for now, but we are shining an increasingly brighter light on the human genome, and the current liberal prejudices will most certainly seem clownish under that light.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  31-10-2015

20 April 2019 10:51

How about we concentrate our efforts on developing treatments that improve mental functioning no matter the “race” of the person receiving the treatment?

Abel Dean

Abel Dean
Joined  03-11-2017

20 April 2019 11:00

nonverbal - 20 April 2019 10:51 AM

How about we concentrate our efforts on developing treatments that improve mental functioning no matter the “race” of the person receiving the treatment?

That has been the current focus for decades, and with the current popular dogmas it is our only choice. When we lose the dogmas, then we have more options. We already know that 74% of the reason that people’s IQs vary from the mean is genetics, so it would make more sense if we open our minds and improve intelligence through genetics, in my opinion. The problem may be not only the dogmas but the science fiction fears, like we may be creating Frankenstein’s monster or Gattaca. Gattaca would be the world I prefer. They had dark background imagery and lighting throughout the film. Otherwise, it may seem like a utopia, not a dystopia.

Abel Dean

Abel Dean
Joined  03-11-2017

20 April 2019 11:37

Perhaps a politically correct way to equalize genotypic intelligence is not to favor parents of disadvantaged races but instead to favor anyone with low IQ. For example, any pair of prospective parents with an average IQ less than 85 would be given the opportunity to have a child genetically enhanced for higher intelligence. 17% of all white Americans and 50% of all black Americans would qualify. The stated goal would be to equalize classes, not races.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2732
Joined  19-01-2015

20 April 2019 11:54

Awesome plan.

My IQ is 42, so give me a double-dosage of IQ boosters.

Abel Dean

Abel Dean
Joined  03-11-2017

20 April 2019 11:56

I think 42 is about the projected IQ of any inanimate object.

Abel Dean

Abel Dean
Joined  03-11-2017

20 April 2019 12:10

To stick to the topic, the predicted percentage of Ashkenazi Jews with an IQ below 85 is predicted to be between 2% and 5%. A black person would be more than ten times more likely to be served by a government program that helps those with an IQ below 85, even if genes have nothing to do with it.

lynmc

lynmc
Total Posts:  462
Joined  03-08-2014

20 April 2019 13:40

By [whatever supreme deity you ascribe to], what a collection of anti-semitic tropes! 

Facts have nothing to do with it.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7618
Joined  22-02-2014

02 June 2019 13:27

My admittedly ad hoc opinion is that Jewish culture has always placed a much higher than average emphasis on education. Good education includes “learning how to think”, and I think that can lead to higher IQ scores. IQ tests being at least somewhat dubious tests of native intelligence.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5614
Joined  05-04-2006

20 June 2019 11:02

icehorse - 02 June 2019 01:27 PM

My admittedly ad hoc opinion is that Jewish culture has always placed a much higher than average emphasis on education. Good education includes “learning how to think”, and I think that can lead to higher IQ scores. IQ tests being at least somewhat dubious tests of native intelligence.

Holy shit, I log into this forum for the second time in over a year, and right away I find a post where I actually agree with you.

Will wonders never cease. I should make a habit of this post-once-per-year thing.

Vociferous Fuckweasel

Vociferous Fuckweasel
Total Posts:  4
Joined  21-06-2019

21 June 2019 05:40

It is true that Jews value intelligence more than most cultures and therefore it may well be that this becomes a driver for sexual selection.
But I’ve been thinking lately that we may have this backwards.
People tend to play games they have a chance of winning.
You don’t see many Eskimos training for the marathon.
In the same vain, is Harvard trying to stem the tsunami of Asian kids into its halls because Asian cultures place an emphasis on education, or do Asian parents focus on education because that’s where the kids do well in the first place?

There will be a gay pride parade in downtown Riyadh before the Left accepts the consensus of intelligent research, but it does appear that intelligence is highly heritable, that it varies between populations and, most depressingly, that it is the single most reliable predictor of one’s success in life.

On a side note; the author’s claim that the Left (still) sees Jews as an oppressed minority is simply not true.

V.

[ Edited: 21 June 2019 08:44 by Vociferous Fuckweasel]

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

21 June 2019 08:08

Vociferous Fuckweasel - 21 June 2019 05:40 AM

It is true that Jews value intelligence more than most cultures and therefore it may well be that this becomes a driver for sexual selection.
But I’ve been thinking lately that we may have this backwards.
People tend to play games they have a chance of winning.
You don’t see many Eskimos training for the marathon.
In the same vain, is Harvard trying to stem the tsunami of Asian kids into its halls because Asian cultures place an emphasis on education, or do Asian parents focus on education because that’s where the kids do well in the first place?

There will be a gay pride parade in downtown Riyadh before the Left accepts the consensus of intelligent research, but it does appear that intelligence is highly heritable, that it various between populations and, most depressingly, that it is the single most reliable predictor of one’s success in life.

On a side note; the author’s claim that the Left (still) sees Jews as an oppressed minority is simply not true.

V.

How are you measuring “intelligence” ?

Vociferous Fuckweasel

Vociferous Fuckweasel
Total Posts:  4
Joined  21-06-2019

21 June 2019 08:52

Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

21 June 2019 09:30

Vociferous Fuckweasel - 21 June 2019 08:52 AM

Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale

When taking this IQ test, anyone fortunate to have gone to good schools and who has been taught “how to think” will have a huge advantage over someone who has not been taught “how to think”.

1 2 >