Joined  17-12-2006

23 May 2019 09:29
Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3418
Joined  21-10-2016

23 May 2019 10:55

burt - 23 May 2019 09:29 AM

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/measles-immune-system-memory-infection?fbclid=IwAR0ihZ2mMczIuFp5xdq-lmytlc5fx_t8Pqqvfj4CkW_uMcAERDzkQFZGhsQ

Interesting, and it’s important to realize that measles can be more than just a minor childhood illness.

[ Edited: 23 May 2019 13:37 by Jan_CAN]

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9608
Joined  20-10-2006

24 May 2019 13:57

Preaching to the choir, here, burt.  I personally know two anti-vaxxers and they are as truculent as the most fervid true believer of whatever discredited faith is out there. Their mantra is “Do the research and learn the truth for yourself,” as though untrained, blind research is valid.

The Philippines is now going through its worst epidemic of measles in 20 years because of a combination of a bad experience with a dengue fever vaccination and anti-vax b.s., and something like 500 children have died from measles this year.  When serious complications or death is preferred to maybe an allergic reaction or the thoroughly discredited claim of autism, then reason is ineffective.

Anti-vax is still strong enough in California that new legislation is proposed to require medical exemptions for vaccination through a state-provided medical practitioner to get around the loophole in the law which allows for licensed doctors who are anti-vax to issue medical exemptions to the anti-vax dumbasses.  I hope it passes.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21592
Joined  11-03-2007

24 May 2019 14:34

Plus, the GOP often supports anti-vaxxers because they are anti-science and suspicious of experts.  So it’s a perfect storm.  Ignorance will kill us.

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Total Posts:  483
Joined  28-04-2017

31 May 2019 16:24

I am not an “anti-vaxxer” nor am I “pro-vaccine”

Both positions are equally idiotic, because they are based on conclusions rather than methodology.

My methodology is the following:

If we’re going to FORCE the injection of human beings with substances, we need to cause the least possible harm when doing it, and we need to be sure of the necessity.

The only way we can possibly cause the least possible harm and be sure of the necessity of each individual vaccine, we have to have an open discussion - which doesn’t mean people immaturely name-calling and it doesn’t mean censoring various viewpoints.

The discussion is either OPEN, or it’s not a discussion - it’s a monologue whose base is those who currently profit of forced vaccination.

This issue is one of those cases where most people should not even have an opinion…...but everyone feels intense moral self-congratulation for having one.

The petty ways in which this issue is discussed precludes us from ever discussing the real issue here, which I laid out in the 4th sentence of this post.  The ability to forcibly vaccinate human beings with substances they don’t understand creates a power imbalance perhaps greater than has ever existed.

Even if you think anti-vaxxers are dangerous idiots, there is no argument for less transparency and less debate as it regards to what the kids are being injected with and if there are ways to make safer vaccines.

[ Edited: 31 May 2019 16:29 by Quadrewple]