‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 > 

Reflections on the end of life and anticipated end

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6417
Joined  31-01-2012

12 June 2019 16:25

Dennis Campbell - 12 June 2019 03:14 PM

I mean, sure, but then again nothing ever truly mattered; not then or now. Meaning and passion were just some shit you found along the way. But when death comes knocking, everything changes. Except that it doesn’t. It just seems like the show will go on without you, when in reality you know enough to know that you’re not actually you and this isn’t anything like what you think. So fuck it. Enjoy what’s left with the vigor of the delightful curmudgeon that you are.

Good reply.  Even if it is from an attorney. I suppose they’re human as well….?  Can one hire beautiful women to love ugly old men?  Nah, there’s got to be a limit.  Can a Priest….no, they’re limited to self-serving platitudes and/or little kids.

Oh but how humanity so failed to stifle the sexual Predilections of even the straight Priests… “If only one more Hail Mary would find a fine Young Charlatan my way, Dear Lord, I’ll repent and you’ll still have me past Saint Peter?” Asked the Green Priest. “It’s just a little pussy!” Whispered the eavesdropping sexy and cynical young nun.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

12 June 2019 16:54

I think one can hire beautiful women to love ugly old men, but it comes at a very high price.  Dogs are cheaper.

Agree. And small dogs don’t argue as much.  What ugly old men?!  None here.  Just a kindly gentle old fart.  Well, maybe.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6830
Joined  08-12-2006

12 June 2019 23:10

You should spring for one of those new sex robots. They’re perfect for lonely old rich men. If I were in their marketing department that’s how I’d promote them. I can see the advertising campaign, a series of “before and after” testimonials.

Old age ain’t for the faint of heart.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  21-10-2016

13 June 2019 04:44

My well-aged uncle met the woman who would become his dearest companion at the cemetery when they were both visiting their spouse’s graves.  So ya never know.

It sounds like Madison’s (Maddie’s?) training of you is going well; now that she’s claimed her spot in bed, she can concentrate on her food preferences, etc.

[ Edited: 13 June 2019 05:07 by Jan_CAN]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8763
Joined  20-02-2006

13 June 2019 12:57

EN - 12 June 2019 04:24 PM

I mean, sure, but then again nothing ever truly mattered; not then or now. Meaning and passion were just some shit you found along the way. But when death comes knocking, everything changes. Except that it doesn’t. It just seems like the show will go on without you, when in reality you know enough to know that you’re not actually you and this isn’t anything like what you think. So fuck it. Enjoy what’s left with the vigor of the delightful curmudgeon that you are.

Good reply.  Even if it is from an attorney. I suppose they’re human as well….?  Can one hire beautiful women to love ugly old men?  Nah, there’s got to be a limit.  Can a Priest….no, they’re limited to self-serving platitudes and/or little kids.

I think one can hire beautiful women to love ugly old men, but it comes at a very high price.  Dogs are cheaper.

Dennis,

Alexa has already been proposed to a million times.  Take 5 minuts to watch this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzUHyDN2Oo

If you can hang on, things are about to get really interesting in the AI dept.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/alexa-how-will-you-change-us/570844/

Image Attachments

132_3219.JPG

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

13 June 2019 13:13

unsmoked - 13 June 2019 12:57 PM

Dennis,

Alexa has already been proposed to a million times.  Take 5 minuts to watch this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzUHyDN2Oo

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/alexa-how-will-you-change-us/570844/

I just want to say that you’re probably one of my all time favorite posters, but whose this Chica? I love that look.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

13 June 2019 15:56

I have asked Alexa if she’d marry me.  She said Hell no!  Rejected by a smart speaker.  How’s that for a rejection!?

My very good friend who lived next door to us, who was also a psychologist, killed herself April 1.  She had Alzheimers, as had her father, and she elected not to end that way.  A classy decision well carried out. I helped in getting her in touch with Final Exit, then called the Hemlock Society, and they provided the Nitrogen and equipment for that exit. Am toying with the same decision.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8763
Joined  20-02-2006

14 June 2019 11:13

Jb8989 - 13 June 2019 01:13 PM
unsmoked - 13 June 2019 12:57 PM

Dennis,

I just want to say that you’re probably one of my all time favorite posters, but whose this Chica? I love that look.

I’m not sharing her unless you take out the word ‘probably’.

Dennis, you probably didn’t ask Alexa in the right atmosphere . . .you know, candles, a good bottle of wine . . . also, how many carats was the ring?  Also, cairngorm isn’t going to cut it no matter many carats it was.  Secretly, she would probably like to be Alexa Campbell.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cairngorm

https://visitcairngorms.com/

[ Edited: 14 June 2019 11:17 by unsmoked]

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

14 June 2019 11:16

Dennis Campbell - 13 June 2019 03:56 PM

I have asked Alexa if she’d marry me.  She said Hell no!  Rejected by a smart speaker.  How’s that for a rejection!?

My very good friend who lived next door to us, who was also a psychologist, killed herself April 1.  She had Alzheimers, as had her father, and she elected not to end that way.  A classy decision well carried out. I helped in getting her in touch with Final Exit, then called the Hemlock Society, and they provided the Nitrogen and equipment for that exit. Am toying with the same decision.

Do you have Alzheimer’s or some other debilitating condition?

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

14 June 2019 16:26

No, just age and indifference to living longer….apart from one demanding 12 lb dog.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15914
Joined  17-12-2006

14 June 2019 18:04

Well, wouldn’t say that nothing truly matters, are you at least not unhappy with yourself:

Those things for which we’ve spent time vying
Lose value when we see we’re dying.
It’s when we get old
We find the real gold’s
The one we’ve become in the trying.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

14 June 2019 18:17

Well, wouldn’t say that nothing truly matters, are you at least not unhappy with yourself:

Not unhappy with myself. A more apt term is perhaps bored.  Regret any number of past events, have no apologies for any of them. I’ve had my time, somewhat more than average statistically and considerably more in terms of education and as a result affluence; no “complaints” in those Not at this point seeking to end my life, just don’t much care if it does end, apart from assuring small dog is cared for and the dying part is not all that attractive.

Asked Alexa again.  Rejected again.  Rats. Seems perfect, a bright and articulate female who shuts up on command.  Oops, that may get me in trouble.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

14 June 2019 20:06

Dennis Campbell - 14 June 2019 04:26 PM

No, just age and indifference to living longer….apart from one demanding 12 lb dog.

I would think that indifference would be somewhat of a breath of fresh air when compared to young people’s anxiety-ridden irrationality?

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15914
Joined  17-12-2006

14 June 2019 22:50

Dennis Campbell - 14 June 2019 06:17 PM

Not unhappy with myself. A more apt term is perhaps bored.  Regret any number of past events, have no apologies for any of them. I’ve had my time, somewhat more than average statistically and considerably more in terms of education and as a result affluence; no “complaints” in those Not at this point seeking to end my life, just don’t much care if it does end, apart from assuring small dog is cared for and the dying part is not all that attractive.

Asked Alexa again.  Rejected again.  Rats. Seems perfect, a bright and articulate female who shuts up on command.  Oops, that may get me in trouble.

I see you running down the street pursued by a band of offended bright and articulate females. Not bad for 81.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

15 June 2019 08:02

Let me post this situation and ask for any advice. 
I’m living alone with a small dog.  I can easily, using Alexa, be laying on the floor, call for 912 as my IP7 will interface with Alexa and call anyone on the Contact list, including 911 or Emergency.  That’s not my concern.  If I become unconscious and/or die, it could be weeks before anyone comes by to check, and that’ll leave that small dog to suffer and perhaps die. 

Anyone know of a smart watch application that would, if I’m unresponsive and/or dead, contact 911 or other contacts without my having to press buttons or speak? 

Dennis

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >