< 1 2 3

TRUMP DUMP 2 - Road to the 2020 Election

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  733
Joined  20-07-2017

23 August 2019 08:31

EN - 22 August 2019 11:23 AM

Trump now says that he is “the chosen one”.  It might have been in jest, but I suspect that is what he beilieves, and his base would certainly endorse that concept.  While I realize that biblical concepts are not highly valued around here, the more he talks the more he sounds like some scriptural descriptions of the Antichrist - big mouth, claiming to be God (metaphorically, so far), attacking Jews here recently, changing laws to fit his will, etc.  I suppose every modern president has had someone calling him the Antichrist, but Trump is the first to sound like one. Now we just need someone to figure out how his name adds up to 666 with some creative math.  burt??

The fact very that few evangelicals recognize it, is, paradoxically, evidence that he is.

Uhhh… hello ...666 5th Avenue? ...Wait, maybe Jared is the Beast ... or Ivanka… or the the three of them together as an unholy trinity. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

I’ll remove tongue from cheek now.

Back in the 90’s I used to watch Jack Van Impe Presents on tv.  They were basically half hour infomercials schilling books/videos on his biblical prophecy, you know, “the Bible code” kind of stuff.  What I remember about his stories were that the Antichrist would come from Russia, and all the world’s armies would come to fight in (near?) Israel.  There was a lot of “will you be ready to resist the Antichrist when he comes?” kind of stuff.  After Trump was elected I wanted to see how they were spinning current events, kind of expecting his ministry to be reveling in what would seem to be their prophetic visions unfolding.  First off, I was a bit surprised that Jack himself is still alive.  Secondly, in the bits I could wade through it seems that his story had changed.  I find it chillingly ironic that many of the same people who follow this stuff,  and apparently even Jack himself, who should be injured against messianic political figures can’t see through the deceptions of Trump.  https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/trump-end-times/

[ Edited: 23 August 2019 08:45 by mapadofu]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8763
Joined  20-02-2006

23 August 2019 12:46

Twissel - 22 August 2019 01:03 PM

There are a lot of ways in which Trump can manipulate the 2020 Elections in ways that would take too long to address in the Courts - assuming that his Supreme Court won’t just rubber-stamp whatever he wants to do.

Think how he is able to manipulate the IRS.  Imagine being a tax auditor faced with crates of financial gobbledygook written by people like Giuliani, experts in the art of confustication and shell games.

confusticate - verb - Slang. to confuse or perplex; bewilder.

gobbledygook

language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense.
“reams of financial gobbledygook”
synonyms: jargon, unintelligible language, obscure language

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8763
Joined  20-02-2006

31 August 2019 12:43

In the topic about white supremacy I asked:

If you were a white supremacist would you vote for Trump, David Duke, or one of the Democrats?

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/29/trump-accidentally-signals-affinity-with-white-nationalists-in-new-campaign-logo/

“White Supremacists are a key constituency for Trump. His campaign has determined that they can’t win in 2020 without them,” Melissa Ryan, a digital strategist dedicated to fighting right-wing extremism, tweeted in response to Trump’s new lion logo. “Stuff like this is how the Trump campaign can show alignment but give themselves room to pretend it’s accidental if they’re called on it.”

See article for more on how Trump ‘blows kisses’ to the white supremacists.

< 1 2 3