Tanks!!

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1861
Joined  14-08-2008

02 July 2019 14:53

The juvenile wants TANKS for his parade!

Ron

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  01-11-2014

02 July 2019 15:08

Jeepers!

Won’t that look all grown-up and presidential?

(Or more like a banana republic dictator)

[ Edited: 02 July 2019 15:11 by Cheshire Cat]

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17615
Joined  15-02-2008

02 July 2019 18:02

Of course, Putin has them in his.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9600
Joined  20-10-2006

02 July 2019 22:37

Trump has the GOP under his thumb because of their 11th Commandment never to disparage another Republican, so the impetuous child may do anything he wants with impunity.  The GOP, Fox News, and the dillweed’s voters all would eat a shit sandwich if he told them to.  Tanks on July 4th is easy for them to support.

Of course, it is not wrong when they do it, but if a Democratic president were to follow suit then the right would pretend Trump never did it while proclaiming with great weeping and wailing the end of the republic.

MrRon

MrRon
Joined  14-08-2008

03 July 2019 05:22

I wouldn’t put it past Trump to want an atomic bomb explosion to be the grand finale of the fireworks display. Show the world how powerful ‘Murica is, and how he (Trump) put on the best 4th of July celebration ever!

Ron.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21584
Joined  11-03-2007

03 July 2019 07:52

MrRon - 03 July 2019 05:22 AM

I wouldn’t put it past Trump to want an atomic bomb explosion to be the grand finale of the fireworks display. Show the world how powerful ‘Murica is, and how he (Trump) put on the best 4th of July celebration ever!

Ron.

I’m pretty sure the military would say “no” to that.  They protect the nation by protecting us from Trump as much as they do by protecting us from our external enemies.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

03 July 2019 09:35

EN - 03 July 2019 07:52 AM
MrRon - 03 July 2019 05:22 AM

Ron.

I’m pretty sure the military would say “no” to that.  They protect the nation by protecting us from Trump as much as they do by protecting us from our external enemies.

At this point, I’d probably be OK with a military coup.

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3153
Joined  07-08-2011

03 July 2019 15:07

Hi there boys. Just stopped by for a giggle.

Here’s JFK’s parade. Is that a MISSILE I see in the foreground?

Image Attachments

missile.jpg

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

03 July 2019 16:29

Celal’s point is correct, however, he neglected to include the context.  Here’s something from CNN about US military parades:  https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/us/american-military-parades/index.html

Obviously our biases are showing, but considering the hyper-partisanship of US politics these days, even the Republicans would scoff if Obama ordered a parade like Trump’s.  Actually, the Republicans scoffed at everything Obama did, but when Trump does the same then it is OK., and the Democrats are being unpatriotic for attacking the president.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5138
Joined  28-05-2009

03 July 2019 23:32

He hits every other note of fascism. Why not tanks on parade for crib?

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

04 July 2019 00:48

Now that the Draft Dodger In Chief is president he cares about the military, but only as long as he thinks it makes him look good in the eyes of his dictator buddies.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2760
Joined  19-01-2015

04 July 2019 01:03

We know how big Putin’s and KJU’S missiles are.

Trump better put up or shut up!

MrRon

MrRon
Joined  14-08-2008

04 July 2019 06:31

Celal - 03 July 2019 03:07 PM

Hi there boys. Just stopped by for a giggle.

Here’s JFK’s parade. Is that a MISSILE I see in the foreground?

1. FWIW, that was JFK’s inauguration – not a 4th of July parade.

2. JFK was a decorated war hero, so there is at least an honorable military connection. Unlike Trump, who not only dodged the draft, but feuded with a Gold Star family, insulted an American POW and Republican Senator for being captured, and sat and joked with Sean Hannity during a somber military flag ceremony. Trump’s pretense to being patriotic is the height of disingenuity.

3. There are some concerns about possible ethics violations. In the event that Trump turns this into a campaign rally of sorts by providing premium seating tickets to his supporters, he could be putting military personnel in jeopardy of breaching ethics rules. Should the RNC be allowed to hand out VIP tickets to a taxpayer-funded event as a reward for big campaign donors? Will Trump use the military as a fundraising prop for his reelection? Traditionally, the 4th of July celebrations have been a non-partisan event. But this may blur the lines.

4. In my opinion, the heightened militarization of the parade just sends the wrong message to the world in a time when we should be de-escalating tensions.   

5. Mainly, the point of my OP was not so much whether the tanks are appropriate or precedented, but that it illustrates the immature, juvenile, and ego-driven nature of the child-in-Chief. ”I WANT TANKS IN MY PARADE. WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!”

But keep giggling, Celal. It’s all any of us can do to keep from crying.

Ron

[ Edited: 04 July 2019 06:34 by MrRon]

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

04 July 2019 08:58

Does anyone else feel Trump is sabotaging the Republican Party by blatantly exposing their inconsistencies and hypocracies?  Everything he does is counter to regular Republican sacred cows - he spends, he attacks and neglects the military, protectionist instead of free trade then spends more to cover up his protectionist damage to farmers, cozies up to long-hated dictators and attacks long-standing allies, lies constantly, pays lip service to abortion and religion to get votes (maybe that’s not counter to Republican values), likes to brag about cheating on his wife by banging hookers or any other woman he targets and mocks the sanctity of marriage, nepotism was his first policy upon entering the White House, laughs at the fools who did not avoid the draft, laughs at people who pay taxes because he admits to knowing how to scam the system, and refuses to release his tax returns. 

The latest stunt of breaking protocol by using tax money, the military, and Independence Day to hold a celebration for himself and bask in everyone kissing his ass to remain in his good graces and not be publicly attacked on Twitter takes the cake.

I guess these are new Republican policies.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7657
Joined  22-02-2014

04 July 2019 09:06

Skipshot - 04 July 2019 08:58 AM

Does anyone else feel Trump is sabotaging the Republican Party by blatantly exposing their inconsistencies and hypocracies?  Everything he does is counter to regular Republican sacred cows - he spends, he attacks and neglects the military, protectionist instead of free trade then spends more to cover up his protectionist damage to farmers, cozies up to long-hated dictators and attacks long-standing allies, lies constantly, pays lip service to abortion and religion to get votes (maybe that’s not counter to Republican values), likes to brag about cheating on his wife by banging hookers or any other woman he targets and mocks the sanctity of marriage, nepotism was his first policy upon entering the White House, laughs at the fools who did not avoid the draft, laughs at people who pay taxes because he admits to knowing how to scam the system, and refuses to release his tax returns. 

The latest stunt of breaking protocol by using tax money, the military, and Independence Day to hold a celebration for himself and bask in everyone kissing his ass to remain in his good graces and not be publicly attacked on Twitter takes the cake.

I guess these are new Republican policies.

Everyone on this thread is committed to critical thinking and to ethics. We might not be great at them, but we value them. The problem is that very few people in DC share our commitment, and that wide swaths of our population do not. Our noticing the rampant hypocrisy and denial in DC reinforces the point that we’re logical people in an increasingly dishonest world.