Trump - history and anatomy expert

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21597
Joined  11-03-2007

10 July 2019 18:14

Recent mysteries revealed:

George Washington’s troops took over the airports in 1775.

The kidney has a very special place in the heart.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7662
Joined  22-02-2014

11 July 2019 08:11

Just who are the 30% or 40% or how-ever-many% that still support this fargin icehole? What kind of lives have they lived in which non-stop lying has paid off for them? A few percent of mentally unstable people I could understand, but 30-40% I find truly baffling..

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1862
Joined  14-08-2008

11 July 2019 10:43

icehorse - 11 July 2019 08:11 AM

Just who are the 30% or 40% or how-ever-many% that still support this fargin icehole? What kind of lives have they lived in which non-stop lying has paid off for them? A few percent of mentally unstable people I could understand, but 30-40% I find truly baffling..

My sentiments exactly. You would think that such a degree of blatant incompetence, insolence, narcissism, bigotry, mendacity, and ignorance would garner just a tiny fringe of the electorate. That so many find ‘Don Doritos’ appealing and/or competent is truly mysterious. I consider it the best evidence yet that we are living in a simulation and being fucked with by external forces.

Anyway, this shows just how bad denial of facts has become:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eUxMoL49As

Ron

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

11 July 2019 10:55

MrRon - 11 July 2019 10:43 AM

I consider it the best evidence yet that we are living in a simulation and being fucked with by external forces.

At times there does seem to be an inevitability about certain things, like a program has been initiated that will lead to a particular result that no one can stop, no matter how loud they scream along the way.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9617
Joined  20-10-2006

11 July 2019 18:58

My conspiracy theory is that the profile of a Trump voter is a racist who detested a negro president and the establishment Republicans who didn’t do enough to stop the negro president while at the same time not pass legislation to further the Republican agenda when they had the chance.  Trump is them sticking it to the Democrats, blacks, and establishment RINOs, and damned be the results.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

12 July 2019 04:16

I live in Trumpland, Texas.  It’s a reliably right-wing county.  From talking to many here, a common sentiment is the fear that liberals and Democrats are out to destroy America, to turn it Communist, to hand it over to aliens who will vote for them.  The fear is real, whether fact-based or not.  They are willing to put up with Trump’s buffoonery because they see a champion who simply will not give in and admit defeat, no matter what. They are willing to fight what they see as lies with their own lies.  They think SC decisions like Roe v Wade are part of this liberal conspiracy to destroy the country.  Given these entrenched ideas, it’s not that hard to see why his base sticks with him.  They think they are in danger of destruction and are willing to use desperate means.  Trump is their assault on the liberal threat.

I was speaking to one guy that I used to be close to and he prophesied that the Dems, if given power, would take away all our First Amendment rights.  Not just the Second Amendment, but the First Amendment.  He painted a truly apocalyptic scenario.  People like AOC are given as examples by some of these folks. It’s a takeover by The Other, who will exact vengeance.  So there you go - that’s why they turn a blind eye to Trump’s idiocy - they believe they are in danger of losing Everything.

If you want to get Middle Class whites to vote, stoke fears of a black-brown takeover.  If the Dems lose this election, it will be because they ran too far left.

[ Edited: 12 July 2019 04:57 by EN]

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

12 July 2019 09:07

Acosta resigned. So many people associated with Trump go down the toilet, but he’s still floating around in the bowl. The turd that won’t flush.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1862
Joined  14-08-2008

12 July 2019 09:11

EN - 12 July 2019 04:16 AM

I was speaking to one guy that I used to be close to and he prophesied that the Dems, if given power, would take away all our First Amendment rights.  Not just the Second Amendment, but the First Amendment.  He painted a truly apocalyptic scenario.  People like AOC are given as examples by some of these folks. It’s a takeover by The Other, who will exact vengeance.  So there you go - that’s why they turn a blind eye to Trump’s idiocy - they believe they are in danger of losing Everything.

Yeah, it’s really amazing how disconnected these folks can be. Congratulations to Fox News and conservative talk radio for what can be considered perhaps the most successful concerted disinformation campaign in the history of civilization. (and I’ll refer again to the link I previously posted)

If the Dems lose this election, it will be because they ran too far left.

Hmm… not so sure about that. Look where running as an establishment politician got Hillary. The fact is that polls these days show that if you go issue by issue, most Americans support progressive policies on abortion, healthcare, foreign wars, climate change, minimum wage, etc.

Ron

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

12 July 2019 11:34

EN - 12 July 2019 04:16 AM

It’s a takeover by The Other, who will exact vengeance.  So there you go - that’s why they turn a blind eye to Trump’s idiocy - they believe they are in danger of losing Everything.

If you want to get Middle Class whites to vote, stoke fears of a black-brown takeover.  If the Dems lose this election, it will be because they ran too far left.

Eloquently stated.  Fear of the Others’ Revenge motivates the Trump voter.  Considering the history of how badly whites treat Others, the fear can be understood.  And the solution according to Trump and Fox News. . . ?  Keep on hating and fearing.

As a native of the SF Bay Area I can resolutely attest that the fear is wildly misplaced, but it is useless to preach that gospel to the white congregation because they know (feel) hate and fear are stronger than love and understanding.  And why not believe it since it has worked to keep them at the top of the social hierarchy, at least according to them.

“There isn’t one white person that would trade places with me; and I’m rich!”  - Chris Rock

The Brothers and Vatos want only one thing from white people - to be left alone.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

12 July 2019 11:45

You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/exclusive-lee-atwaters-infamous-1981-interview-southern-strategy/

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

12 July 2019 14:02

MrRon - 12 July 2019 09:11 AM

Look where running as an establishment politician got Hillary. The fact is that polls these days show that if you go issue by issue, most Americans support progressive policies on abortion, healthcare, foreign wars, climate change, minimum wage, etc.

Hillary won the popular vote, as you know.  She lost because she ran a poor campaign.  But you can’t really include California’s giant population in the calculation, because they are reliably Democratic. The battleground is in the Midwest, where Hillary lost.  So, we’ll see- maybe you are right.  Hopefully the Dems will choose the right candidate and beat Trump.  I think a Biden-Harris ticket would do it.