1 2 > 

Bastille Day

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3329
Joined  26-03-2013

15 July 2019 17:41

I bet this pissed off that racist piece of shit in the white house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvEMQalsHWs

That’s how it’s done Fat Man.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3430
Joined  21-10-2016

15 July 2019 18:38

LadyJane - 15 July 2019 05:41 PM

I bet this pissed off that racist piece of shit in the white house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvEMQalsHWs

That’s how it’s done Fat Man.

Yeah, that’s how it’s done when celebrating the people’s revolt against the Fat Men.

Our American friends around here are rather silent today about the latest antics of their Racist-in-Chief.  It’s time for the masses to get royally pissed off, I say.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1316
Joined  01-11-2014

15 July 2019 19:29

One thing is certain, the French know how to handle people like Trump and his One Percent Pals.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

16 July 2019 05:51

The silence of oppression thrives on indifference.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe.  You have to make it fall.”  - Ernesto Che Guevara.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1864
Joined  14-08-2008

16 July 2019 05:57

Jan_CAN - 15 July 2019 06:38 PM

Our American friends around here are rather silent today about the latest antics of their Racist-in-Chief.  It’s time for the masses to get royally pissed off, I say.

It was time for that 3 or 4 years ago when then candidate Trump went full-blown birtherism. Also at that time, he made at least a couple appearances on the Michael Savage radio show which seem to have gone under everyone’s radar. For those who may not know, Savage is by far the most vile and blatant right-wing xenophobe and racist nutjob with a microphone and (rather substantial) listening audience. I listened to him daily on my work commutes back then and every day was filled with hateful tirades and rants against Obama, Hillary, the homeless (yes, the homeless), and minorities. On more than one occasion he claimed that Obama was demon-possessed, as evidenced by the flies around him and his sulfur-like smell. He talked about the need for fumigating the White House once Obama’s term was over. He supports white nationalists. He is a conspiracy theorist. He is a narcissisitic self-aggrandizer a-la Trump. Anyway, anybody who would associate with that piece of garbage, let alone praise him, is a piece of garbage themselves. And Trump made it clear to Savage that he (Trump) was a huge fan of his, and that he wished Savage continued success with his show. I said way back then, based on Trump’s association with Savage alone, that Trump is way worse than people think. And the years since have proved me right. In fact, I wouldn’t doubt that to this day, Savage has Trump’s ear. Savage has always expressed a desire to be an advisor to Trump. Now THAT’S disturbing! And it’s something that has pissed me off for years. But then again, Trump is more the symptom than the problem. It’s sad.

Ron

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9617
Joined  20-10-2006

17 July 2019 08:46

Some of us are on vacation and taking a break from dumping on Trump.  Besides, after all I have written here, I am becoming weary of repeating myself and I assumed the audience did, too.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

17 July 2019 09:12

Skipshot - 17 July 2019 08:46 AM

Some of us are on vacation and taking a break from dumping on Trump.  Besides, after all I have written here, I am becoming weary of repeating myself and I assumed the audience did, too.

Although sympathetic, is this weariness that Trump causes not part of the problem?  What in the past might have been unthinkable coming from a POTUS is no longer surprising.  The ability to be outraged being slowly eroded.

As LadyJane said earlier, “The silence of oppression thrives on indifference.”  And perhaps one tactic at bringing about indifference could be by emotionally exhausting good citizens.

[ Edited: 17 July 2019 09:15 by Jan_CAN]

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17630
Joined  15-02-2008

17 July 2019 09:49

Jan_CAN - 17 July 2019 09:12 AM
Skipshot - 17 July 2019 08:46 AM

Although sympathetic, is this weariness that Trump causes not part of the problem?  What in the past might have been unthinkable coming from a POTUS is no longer surprising.  The ability to be outraged being slowly eroded.

As LadyJane said earlier, “The silence of oppression thrives on indifference.”  And perhaps one tactic at bringing about indifference could be by emotionally exhausting good citizens.

Trump was a despicable douche bag before he was president and now is a despicable douche bag who is president, how many times do we need to be shocked when a despicable douche bag acts like a despicable douche bag.

That said I don’t really have a dog in this fight. The women involved are extremest with fringe views who haven’t (thankfully) achieved anything in office. Their only qualification and claim to fame here is their gender and race. So we have a despicable douche bag president using gender and race as a weapon against the opposition using gender and race as a weapon. I hope they all go down.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

17 July 2019 10:06

GAD - 17 July 2019 09:49 AM

Trump was a despicable douche bag before he was president and now is a despicable douche bag who is president, how many times do we need to be shocked when a despicable douche bag acts like a despicable douche bag.

That said I don’t really have a dog in this fight. The women involved are extremest with fringe views who haven’t (thankfully) achieved anything in office. Their only qualification and claim to fame here is their gender and race. So we have a despicable douche bag president using gender and race as a weapon against the opposition using gender and race as a weapon. I hope they all go down.

But he’s no longer just another douche bag – he’s THE Douche Bag of the United Stated of America.

The political views of his targets are irrelevant – he did not make arguments (valid or otherwise) concerning their views – he made a blanket and racist statement aimed at their legitimacy as Americans.

In my opinion, we should all be shocked EVERY time he acts like a despicable douche bag.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

17 July 2019 10:27

Jan_CAN - 17 July 2019 10:06 AM

But he’s no longer just another douche bag – he’s THE Douche Bag of the United Stated of America.

The political views of his targets are irrelevant – he did not make arguments (valid or otherwise) concerning their views – he made a blanket and racist statement aimed at their legitimacy as Americans.

In my opinion, we should all be shocked EVERY time he acts like a despicable douche bag.

The political views of his targets are relevant, he didn’t just randomly pick them to attack or non-white women in general, politics, that is what this whole thing is about.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

17 July 2019 11:08

GAD - 17 July 2019 10:27 AM
Jan_CAN - 17 July 2019 10:06 AM

The political views of his targets are relevant, he didn’t just randomly pick them to attack or non-white women in general, politics, that is what this whole thing is about.

Yes, it is about power and politics.  But it is also about racism and what it means to be an American.  And about honesty and truth.  He outright lied in his follow up excuses and comments about his adversaries.  The McCarthy era comes to mind and should not be forgotten.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

17 July 2019 11:42

Trump deliberately insults and divides because he is untouchable since the Republican Party will never convict to impeach him.  Trump could have 500 illegal immigrant children publicly executed on the front lawn of the White House on Christmas Day with the American flag replaced with Confederate and Nazi flags and nothing will happen to him.  Nothing.

The outrage is misdirected to Trump when it should be to the GOP for refusing to do their job as a check against a shock jock president.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

17 July 2019 11:55

I hope they all go down.

You’re all on the same ship.

If Lumpy perceives the four congresswomen as extremists with fringe views then he should tackle those views.  And not the ones he makes up.  Many republican counterparts believe he is doing God’s work.  Do you have a dog in that fight?

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

17 July 2019 12:21

Skipshot - 17 July 2019 11:42 AM

The outrage is misdirected to Trump when it should be to the GOP for refusing to do their job as a check against a shock jock president.

I don’t understand why someone doesn’t just flip Mitch McConnell upside down and leave him in the sun.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

17 July 2019 14:42

LadyJane - 17 July 2019 12:21 PM
Skipshot - 17 July 2019 11:42 AM

I don’t understand why someone doesn’t just flip Mitch McConnell upside down and leave him in the sun.

News reports say the Dems are directing massive amounts of money to unseat him in 2020.  I do not know Kentucky well enough to make a prediction.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

17 July 2019 16:47

LadyJane - 17 July 2019 11:55 AM

I hope they all go down.

You’re all on the same ship.

If Lumpy perceives the four congresswomen as extremists with fringe views then he should tackle those views.  And not the ones he makes up.  Many republican counterparts believe he is doing God’s work.  Do you have a dog in that fight?

No, he is on the right extremist ship, they are on the left extremist ship and I am on the ship of reason, if either wins then reason loses, if they take out each other reason win.

1 2 >