2000-year-old tabloid headlines found from the Empire Times

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8591
Joined  20-02-2006

09 August 2019 11:21

BABY BORN IN STABLE FROM VIRGIN MOTHER

Bethlahem 1/1/1 - The boy’s mother, a Jewish woman from Nazareth and her husband, Joseph, reported that Three kings from Dedan brought presents.  “We followed a bright star, that’s how we found the place,”  one of the king’s reported.  “We expected it would lead to a palace, but life is full of surprised,” another king said.

WEDDING GUEST TURNS WATER INTO WINE

Cana 6/9/35 - An itinerant preacher known for walking on water and calming storms revived festivities at a wedding party when he turned some large jugs of water into an excellent Cana Cabernet according to the bride’s father who declared that it was the best he had ever tasted.  Dancing and laughter revived when the guests . . .

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

10 August 2019 12:33

unsmoked - 09 August 2019 11:21 AM

Bethlahem 1/1/1 - The boy’s mother, a Jewish woman from Nazareth and her husband, Joseph, reported that Three kings from Dedan brought presents.  “We followed a bright star, that’s how we found the place,”  one of the king’s reported.  “We expected it would lead to a palace, but life is full of surprised,” another king said.

Cana 6/9/35 - An itinerant preacher known for walking on water and calming storms revived festivities at a wedding party when he turned some large jugs of water into an excellent Cana Cabernet according to the bride’s father who declared that it was the best he had ever tasted.  Dancing and laughter revived when the guests . . .

Hippos 4/19/31 - 3000 HOGS STAMPEDE OVER CLIFF AND DROWN IN SEA OF GALILEE

Terrified villagers blame wandering shaman from across the sea - page 5

Fishermen say rotting carcasses responsible for stench drifting over the town - page 6

Legatus Legionis offers reward for capture of the shaman who caused the stampede.  With loss of herd, soldiers’ diet is reduced to bread and lentils - page 3

“He drove the demons out of me and into the hogs, I owe him my sanity.”  Read testimony of Legion, a crazy man who had been chained up beside the pasture. - page 2

Story told by Luke of Antioch, accused of being one of the shaman’s acolytes, when he was arrested and grilled by the Legatus Legionis -  Luke 8:26-37

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

11 August 2019 11:28

unsmoked - 10 August 2019 12:33 PM
unsmoked - 09 August 2019 11:21 AM

Hippos 4/19/31 - 3000 HOGS STAMPEDE OVER CLIFF AND DROWN IN SEA OF GALILEE

Terrified villagers blame wandering shaman from across the sea - page 5

Fishermen say rotting carcasses responsible for stench drifting over the town - page 6

Legatus Legionis offers reward for capture of the shaman who caused the stampede.  With loss of herd, soldiers’ diet is reduced to bread and lentils - page 3

“He drove the demons out of me and into the hogs, I owe him my sanity.”  Read testimony of Legion, a crazy man who had been chained up beside the pasture. - page 2

Story told by Luke of Antioch, accused of being one of the shaman’s acolytes, when he was arrested and grilled by the Legatus Legionis -  Luke 8:26-37

Bethsaida 9/6/33 - ITINERANT HEALER AND MESMERIST FEEDS 5000 PEOPLE WITH ONE BASKET OF LOAVES AND FISHES

“It was amazing,” said one woman who had followed the sorcerer hoping he would heal her sick daughter.  “When evening came and he saw that we were all hungry, he told us to look at the moonrise and give thanks to God, and then he clapped his hands and directed his helpers to give us all bread and fish and it was delicious and we were all fed and satisfied and my daughter became well and afterward we all felt blessed and holy.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RA2Zy_IZfQ

Mathew 14:13-21