If it’s legal, why is everyone upset?

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9599
Joined  20-10-2006

10 August 2019 01:35

What good is the 2nd Amendment if you can’t go shopping with it without causing a panic and getting arrested as a terrorist? 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-detained-walking-missouri-walmart-armed-rifle-wearing/story?id=64870120

Police in Springfield, Missouri, arrested a man on Thursday afternoon after he walked into a Walmart, armed with a rifle and wearing body armor.

The man, identified as 20-year-old Dmitriy Andreychenko, was arrested for making a terrorist threat, Springfield Police confirmed Friday.

Andreychenko was stopped at the scene by an armed off-duty firefighter until officers arrived and took the man into custody, the Springfield Police Department said.

A video taken by a witness outside the store shows the suspect with his arms up in the air and what looks like an assault rifle slung around his neck as he’s being arrested.

It’s unclear what the Andreychenko’s motive was, but police told ABC Springfield affiliate KSPR that the man was recording himself with his cellphone while walking through the store.

. . .

“All we know is the fact that he walked in here heavily armed, with body armor on, and military fatigues on, and caused a great amount of panic inside the store,” Springfield Police Department Lt. Mike Lucas said Thursday. “He certainly had the capability and potential to harm people.”

“His intent was not to cause comfort or peace to anybody that was in the business here. In fact, he’s lucky to be alive still, to be honest,” Lucas added.

Lucky to be alive?  What law did he break?  According to the NRA, all gun owners are to be treated as law-abiding when they carry their weapon.
Why are people afraid of a right?

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17605
Joined  15-02-2008

10 August 2019 08:31

The guy is a fucking douche bag looking for attention. Just like the mass shooters their actions don’t meet their claimed motives and agenda and just show them to be the loser nutjobs they are, and who wants a loser nutjob walking with a gun.

BTW I have one in my area, he rides around on a bicycle that he has fixed up like a police cycle and wears full body armor, pistols and an assault rifle. The police have been called on him many times and my kids school put in lock-down due to him, but they can’t do anything because he is exercising his rights and according to him (from the news) showing people that people with guns are not bad people.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  179
Joined  14-09-2017

10 August 2019 09:50

It’s similar to the dildos that go through police dui checkpoints and film themselves telling the cops “I want to proceed unmolested to my destination” and only roll their window down an inch and won’t comply.  Then they ask for their supervisor and badge number.  Just show them your ID and be on your way.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1309
Joined  01-11-2014

10 August 2019 13:36

This wouldn’t happen in California.

If you were stupid enough to walk around with body armor and a loaded rifle, the SWAT team would be on your ass in a New York minute.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7107
Joined  15-02-2007

10 August 2019 15:16

Cops should be called on every single one of them, ever single time.
Sure it might be legal, but so is ensuring every open-carry wingnut has the appropriate license and safety measures at any time.

Especially given the current state of US gun culture.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

10 August 2019 17:03

Jefe - 10 August 2019 03:16 PM

Cops should be called on every single one of them, ever single time.
Sure it might be legal, but so is ensuring every open-carry wingnut has the appropriate license and safety measures at any time.

Especially given the current state of US gun culture.

No license is needed for most guns in the US.  No training is required, either, unless you go through a dealer, but different states have different laws.  But many guns are “stolen” or “lost” or just plain sold with an exchange of cash, and the next owner does not need proof of training.  Cops may check your weapon, and check you to be sure you have your wits, but that is it.  Cops cannot do anything until they see it brandished or shots are fired, or someone calls to complain.  But, yeah, I would be happy to call the cops if I saw a guy open-carrying, just like what happened to John Crawford in an Ohio Wal Mart.  The following video has the WalMart surveillance video matched to the 911 call, and the call comes in at 0:50 -  https://youtu.be/hvgQ1AHYgTg

It turns out Mr. Crawford is dead, and both the cop and reporting civilian had no charges pressed.  So, every open-carry clown will get the John Crawford treatment from me.  Dang, if I carried a weapon I would shoot an open-carry asshole and use the get-out-of-jail-free-card of “I feared for my life” as justification.

Open-carry of the sort which open-carry clowns do is specifically illegal in California.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21577
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2019 17:05

Just ban further sales of assault weapons.  If technology advances to the point that a person can have a hand-held nuclear weapon, will we allow that?  This is nuts.  The Second Amendment gives the right to bear arms, not sell arms.  Ban the sales/transfers.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

10 August 2019 17:07

GAD - 10 August 2019 08:31 AM

The guy is a fucking douche bag looking for attention. Just like the mass shooters their actions don’t meet their claimed motives and agenda and just show them to be the loser nutjobs they are, and who wants a loser nutjob walking with a gun.

BTW I have one in my area, he rides around on a bicycle that he has fixed up like a police cycle and wears full body armor, pistols and an assault rifle. The police have been called on him many times and my kids school put in lock-down due to him, but they can’t do anything because he is exercising his rights and according to him (from the news) showing people that people with guns are not bad people.

Give him the John Crawford treatment and tell the police he’s pointing it at kids.  Maybe to get things going, throw a couple lit firecrackers when the cops arrive.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

10 August 2019 17:08

EN - 10 August 2019 05:05 PM

Just ban further sales of assault weapons.  If technology advances to the point that a person can have a hand-held nuclear weapon, will we allow that?  This is nuts.  The Second Amendment gives the right to bear arms, not sell arms.  Ban the sales/transfers.

Good point.  If you want a weapon then join the “well regulated militia.”

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17605
Joined  15-02-2008

10 August 2019 18:40

Skipshot - 10 August 2019 05:07 PM
GAD - 10 August 2019 08:31 AM

Give him the John Crawford treatment and tell the police he’s pointing it at kids.  Maybe to get things going, throw a couple lit firecrackers when the cops arrive.

you are giving me bad thoughts… wink