HYPNOTISM REVISITED

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8817
Joined  20-02-2006

11 August 2019 11:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RA2Zy_IZfQ

Can mesmerized person drink water and become drunk?  Eat a crumb and pronounce it filling and delicious?  (See recent post in Christianity category speculating on stories that might have circulated in Biblical times, and how they might have been reported in print if tabloids existed then).

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4916
Joined  19-08-2010

15 August 2019 00:09

You got my attention… am I still in the room? big surprise

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8817
Joined  20-02-2006

15 August 2019 12:47

MARTIN_UK - 15 August 2019 12:09 AM

You got my attention… am I still in the room? big surprise

Bethsaida 9/6/33 - ITINERANT HEALER AND MESMERIST FEEDS 5000 PEOPLE WITH ONE BASKET OF LOAVES AND FISHES

“It was amazing,” said one woman who had followed the sorcerer hoping he would heal her sick daughter.  “When evening came and he saw that we were all hungry, he told us to look at the moonrise and give thanks to God, and then he clapped his hands and directed his helpers to give us all bread and fish and it was delicious and we were all fed and satisfied and my daughter became well and afterward we all felt blessed and holy.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RA2Zy_IZfQ

Obviously this tabloid headline and first paragraph from 2000 years ago isn’t about Jesus, but about some other itinerant healer and sorcerer from that period.  Since there was no TV or movies back then, the countryside must have been buzzing with storytellers, swamis, entertainers, healers, mesmerists and soothsayers like that -  wizards who were using hypnosis rather than a miracle from God to feed hungry people.  If you watched this TED TALK video, do you think a hypnotized person could eat a breadcrumb (the kind you break off for pigeons in Hyde Park) and think they were well fed?  Or . . .  drink some water in a wine glass and think it was the best wine they ever tasted . . . start singing and dancing as they would after drinking wine?  (-_-)