Keep Marianne Williamson on the Island!

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6760
Joined  08-12-2006

13 August 2019 08:51

I broke my own rule against giving money to politicians and donated one dollar to Marianne Williamson’s campaign. She needs another 8,000 unique donations to qualify for the next debate (in addition to the 2% polling requirement). I don’t think she has a chance of winning the nomination, and I wouldn’t vote for her for president even if she did. But God damn, it’s worth a buck just to see her on the debate stage one more time. Isn’t it?

Besides, she’s on to something in one respect:

The “conventional political establishment” is the problem, she said, to loud applause, and it’s time for the American people to wake up. “While it is true that sometimes Americans are slow to wake up,” she added, “once we do wake up, we slam it like nobody’s business!”

Not the slamming it part, which is another amusing Marianuerism, but her criticism of the conventional political establishment. I.e, our two political parties. Focusing on “issues” at this point in the game is, in my opinion, akin to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Beyond the obvious entertainment value, it’s worth keeping her in the race just to hear her keep making that point.

Keep her in the Political Reality Show by donating a buck here.

Edit: Oops, the quote is from The Atlantic.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21593
Joined  11-03-2007

13 August 2019 10:44

There always needs to be at least one non-conformist on the political stage to keep it interesting.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7659
Joined  22-02-2014

14 August 2019 07:57

YUP !!!!

We need a HUGE disruption in DC. We can’t be arguing about whether we can “afford” to fight climate change, that truly is rearranging deck chairs.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17627
Joined  15-02-2008

14 August 2019 08:15

She is as whacked as the rest of them, not even worth a buck unless she wears a g-string.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  31-10-2015

14 August 2019 08:26

I love her confidence—as naive as a teenager’s.