Chris’s tired tirade

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  31-10-2015

14 August 2019 10:55

Chris Cuomo has clearly shown that he does not in any way reflect the archetype of a marginal mafia family member.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1316
Joined  01-11-2014

15 August 2019 16:49

nonverbal - 14 August 2019 10:55 AM

Chris Cuomo has clearly shown that he does not in any way reflect the archetype of a marginal mafia family member.

“I’ll f***ing ruin your sh*t,” Cuomo said. “I’ll f***ing throw you down these stairs like a f***ing punk. ... Take a swing, c’mon boy.” As the man argues back and others crowd around them, Cuomo continues, “You want to call me sh*t, call me sh*t then. I’m f***ing right here. I’ll f***ing wreck your sh*t. You didn’t know what you were doing when you called me Fredo?”

No, not at all.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

17 August 2019 06:07

It may be that Chris would be wise to find some way to mock himself, as humorously as possible. SNL won’t be back on for weeks, but he could still offer himself up to Lorne Michaels, to be dealt with as the SNL writers see fit to do once they’re back on the air. The story itself is already funny, and SNL’s treatment could catapult it into a future cultural memory that emphasizes self-deprecating humor rather than vile attitude.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1316
Joined  01-11-2014

17 August 2019 12:25

nonverbal - 17 August 2019 06:07 AM

It may be that Chris would be wise to find some way to mock himself, as humorously as possible. SNL won’t be back on for weeks, but he could still offer himself up to Lorne Michaels, to be dealt with as the SNL writers see fit to do once they’re back on the air. The story itself is already funny, and SNL’s treatment could catapult it into a future cultural memory that emphasizes self-deprecating humor rather than vile attitude.

Personally, I like Chris Cuomo. I’ve watched his show on CNN from time to time. He’s quick and smart on his show, but he must have been caught by surprise in this instance.

Yeah, the humor angle is a good one.

Maybe he needs a few lessons from Bill Maher or Robert Colbert on how to cut a heckler down to size with wit and humor, instead of vulgar threats of violence.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

17 August 2019 20:33

I like him too, though I don’t often tune him in. Most interesting to me is that the strength of his reaction to the name caller indicates perhaps that he actually feels like Fredo because both his dad and his brother have been NY governors. But Chris is just as successful in his chosen field as his dad and brother have been in theirs, and I’ll bet Chris makes more money than they do, too. If he can manage to sort such things through, then he might be able to treat the situation with humor.