A- to AOC for saying of trump “it’s all about the con”

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7708
Joined  22-02-2014

04 September 2019 12:17

You go AOC!

My only nit-pick would be that we should start using a term like “oligarchy” or “plutocracy” to describe the direction we’re head in:

trump and the con

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7135
Joined  15-02-2007

04 September 2019 12:39

Quell Surprise.  /not

By rejecting the ‘elitism’ of HC, the electoral college put a prez in place who has been blatantly pillaging tax dollars and dismantling middle-class structures.  Anyone who doesn’t think D.T. IS one of the elite, is fooling themselves.

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3173
Joined  07-08-2011

04 September 2019 16:16

icehorse - 04 September 2019 12:17 PM

You go AOC!

Oooh, the promise of free college tuition, single-payer health care, and free housing…. is a such lure to the greedy and the naive. But who would blame you dreaming for such a utopia?  Not I. That my friend is the oldest con there is in politics.  Not unlike the promises of eternal life, heavenly bodies, virgins. You can see the con in one but not in the other. Fascinating, indeed!

At least Trump delivered on his campaign promises. It takes an incredible leap of faith to fall for the “racism” bit, especially when Trump not Obama policies delivered the lowest black and Hispanic unemployment on record.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7708
Joined  22-02-2014

05 September 2019 18:02

Celal - 04 September 2019 04:16 PM
icehorse - 04 September 2019 12:17 PM

You go AOC!

Oooh, the promise of free college tuition, single-payer health care, and free housing…. is a such lure to the greedy and the naive. But who would blame you dreaming for such a utopia?  Not I. That my friend is the oldest con there is in politics.  Not unlike the promises of eternal life, heavenly bodies, virgins. You can see the con in one but not in the other. Fascinating, indeed!

At least Trump delivered on his campaign promises. It takes an incredible leap of faith to fall for the “racism” bit, especially when Trump not Obama policies delivered the lowest black and Hispanic unemployment on record.

Not quite on topic I think? This thread isn’t about AOC’s policy recommendations. As for trump “delivering” on anything, both parties are dishonest when it comes to acknowledging how long it actually takes for even successful policy directions to have an impact.