Joined  14-09-2017

04 September 2019 17:48

I didn’t believe this was real, thought it was an Onion article.  Hilarious

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21577
Joined  11-03-2007

04 September 2019 18:12

Trump was absolutely right.  There really IS a state called Alabama and it really IS down there somewhere. He is a stable genius when it comes to geography.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5135
Joined  28-05-2009

04 September 2019 22:24

How horrifying that a significant portion of this nation cannot recognize a lunatic.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2756
Joined  19-01-2015

05 September 2019 00:47

falsifying scientific data for political purposes is despicable.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1858
Joined  14-08-2008

05 September 2019 03:47

DEGENERATEON - 04 September 2019 05:48 PM

Trump’s entire Presidency is a real life Onion article.

Ron

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7107
Joined  15-02-2007

05 September 2019 07:42

I believed it.
It sounded exactly like something he’d do.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1309
Joined  01-11-2014

05 September 2019 10:08

MrRon - 05 September 2019 03:47 AM
DEGENERATEON - 04 September 2019 05:48 PM

Trump’s entire Presidency is a real life Onion article.

Ron

Yep. It really is.

It’s a reality show presidency.

Are you not entertained?

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2756
Joined  19-01-2015

06 September 2019 00:16

Trump clearly believes that his Mojo will instantly vanish if he ever admits to having made a mistake.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8627
Joined  20-02-2006

06 September 2019 12:47

Here’s the game as I see it:  You make a prediction that flies in the face of science.  In this case - Hurricane Dorian is going to affect Alabama.  If your prediction is wrong, it’s quickly forgotten.  If you’re right and Dorian sweeps across Florida into Alabama . . . voila!  Your followers see that you are a genius, a seer, a wise man who knows what the National Weather Service doesn’t know.  Your followers see that you must be right about global warming - you know things that all the weather scientists in the world don’t know!

I’ve seen Brother Mario try to pull this stunt with other predictions.  He’s wrong?  Nobody cares or remembers.  He’s right?  Wow!  He’s some kind of prophet!  He has special powers and superior intelligence just like he’s told us.  Maybe he’s even the Second Coming!

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-says-his-gut-more-reliable-everyone-elses-brains

Quote from this article:

The Washington Post yesterday asked Donald Trump why he’s “skeptical” of his own administration’s National Climate Assessment. “One of the problems that a lot of people like myself – we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers,” the president said. “You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean.”

This, of course, didn’t make any sense – I’m not at all sure what “a record clean” even means – though Trump couldn’t have cared less. In fact, in the same interview, the Republican offered a peek into his broader perspective. While complaining about the Federal Reserve raising interest rates, Trump added:

“I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed. I’m not happy with the Fed. They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”

When looking for Trump quotes that help define who he is and how he operates, one could do worse than focusing on this gem.

[ Edited: 06 September 2019 12:51 by unsmoked]

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9599
Joined  20-10-2006

06 September 2019 18:42

unsmoked - 06 September 2019 12:47 PM

Here’s the game as I see it:  You make a prediction that flies in the face of science.  In this case - Hurricane Dorian is going to affect Alabama.  If your prediction is wrong, it’s quickly forgotten.  If you’re right and Dorian sweeps across Florida into Alabama . . . voila!  Your followers see that you are a genius, a seer, a wise man who knows what the National Weather Service doesn’t know.  Your followers see that you must be right about global warming - you know things that all the weather scientists in the world don’t know!

I’ve seen Brother Mario try to pull this stunt with other predictions.  He’s wrong?  Nobody cares or remembers.  He’s right?  Wow!  He’s some kind of prophet!  He has special powers and superior intelligence just like he’s told us.  Maybe he’s even the Second Coming!

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-says-his-gut-more-reliable-everyone-elses-brains

Quote from this article:

The Washington Post yesterday asked Donald Trump why he’s “skeptical” of his own administration’s National Climate Assessment. “One of the problems that a lot of people like myself – we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers,” the president said. “You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean.”

This, of course, didn’t make any sense – I’m not at all sure what “a record clean” even means – though Trump couldn’t have cared less. In fact, in the same interview, the Republican offered a peek into his broader perspective. While complaining about the Federal Reserve raising interest rates, Trump added:

“I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed. I’m not happy with the Fed. They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”

When looking for Trump quotes that help define who he is and how he operates, one could do worse than focusing on this gem.

It’s called “hindsight bias”

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  706
Joined  20-07-2017

06 September 2019 18:48

Unsmoked, wouldn’t your theory require that Trump drop the issue (instead of continuing to harp on it) once his prediction didn’t pan out?

I think he just made a dumb mistake; one that was likely based on the early forecasts, but a mistake none the less.  I can’t tell if he’s been on it for so long due to pride, or a sense that this is a useful distraction from something else.

[ Edited: 06 September 2019 18:56 by mapadofu]

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  179
Joined  14-09-2017

07 September 2019 08:03

NPR is reporting that NOAA backs Trumps claim about Alabama. 

Well it appears somebody told somebody to back up Trumps claim.  No end to the hilarity.

[ Edited: 07 September 2019 08:10 by DEGENERATEON]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8627
Joined  20-02-2006

07 September 2019 11:51

mapadofu - 06 September 2019 06:48 PM

Unsmoked, wouldn’t your theory require that Trump drop the issue (instead of continuing to harp on it) once his prediction didn’t pan out?

I think he just made a dumb mistake; one that was likely based on the early forecasts, but a mistake none the less.  I can’t tell if he’s been on it for so long due to pride, or a sense that this is a useful distraction from something else.

But I have a ‘gut feeling’ that my theory is correct . . .

My next theory is that when Trump was in knee pants his dad told him, “Never admit that you are wrong or that other people know more than you.”

https://www.apnews.com/9b9e620b4226498b9d465dfeb27ec505