Dem Debate 3

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21597
Joined  11-03-2007

12 September 2019 20:55

Biden held his own.

I supported Beto for Senate, and he did well tonite, but he won’t be President. There are 5-10 million owners of AR15-class weapons in the USA.  To say “hell yes, we are going to take those away” is basically an invitation to civil war. Not prudent. Who is going to take an AR15 away from someone?

For me, Biden and Klobuchar are the most reasonable. But to win, I think Biden has to run with someone more progressive. Maybe Warren (grits teeth).  Moderation is the key to victory.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15848
Joined  17-12-2006

12 September 2019 21:41

EN - 12 September 2019 08:55 PM

Biden held his own.

I supported Beto for Senate, and he did well tonite, but he won’t be President. There are 5-10 million owners of AR15-class weapons in the USA.  To say “hell yes, we are going to take those away” is basically an invitation to civil war. Not prudent. Who is going to take an AR15 away from someone?

For me, Biden and Klobuchar are the most reasonable. But to win, I think Biden has to run with someone more progressive. Maybe Warren (grits teeth).  Moderation is the key to victory.

I’ve thought of Biden/Warren or Biden/Klobuchar as good combinations.

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3156
Joined  07-08-2011

12 September 2019 21:44

Biden held his own.

Except his teeth. Biden’s teeth almost fell out. Filled with pandering, fake racism, anti-police and anti-American clown show, complete with Biden fighting to keep his teeth in whilst pretending all is well through his ramblings. 

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/mystery-did-bidens-teeth-almost-fall-out-during-dem-debate/

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17630
Joined  15-02-2008

13 September 2019 08:04

I don’t know Klobuchar, which is apparently her biggest problem. I looked at her for pres site, typical Dem stuff, a long long list of all the problems she is going to fix and special people she is going save by throwing money at them. Where she differs from the others is that I don’t see where she says where all that money will come from, the rest will take it from the evil rich. Nor did I see anything about jobs, the economy or how her changes would actually improve those things. For example she will expand healthcare, great, how does that reduce the cost of healthcare which is what is desperately needed, where are the jobs and money needed for expanding expensive healthcare come from. Right now it would seem her plan is to take it from you and me, I’m not OK with that.

[ Edited: 13 September 2019 10:06 by GAD]

TwoSeven1

TwoSeven1
Total Posts:  343
Joined  18-12-2018

13 September 2019 09:56

Biden held his own.

What is an “AR15-class” weapon?

“Who is going to take an AR15 away from someone?”  I don’t think it would be a door-to-door thing that would be attempted.  If Beto is serious about this, it would probably be something like the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.  The difficulty this time would probably be extreme civil tension which could lead to open conflict.

“For me, Biden and Klobuchar are the most reasonable. But to win, I think Biden has to run with someone more progressive. Maybe Warren (grits teeth).  Moderation is the key to victory.”  Being more progressive means being less moderate.  I don’t understand what you are implying about Warren.  She is far from moderate.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 September 2019 10:59

I understand she is not moderate.  If he chooses her it will be hard to bring her to the center, but he might choose her to bring in her and Bernie’s supporters.  Difficult call.

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

13 September 2019 11:00

Democratic Party voters used to get better choices.

Here is the front runner Joe Biden message to black mothers.  “Bring social workers into the homes to help them raise their children…they don’t know quite what to do…play the radio…leave the record player on at night…make sure kids hear words...”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1172340087658434562

If this guy is leading in the polls that tells you how bad the rest of the field is.  The choice between a guy whose is rambling with teeth falling out and the rest whose brains are falling out.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 September 2019 11:00

Celal - 12 September 2019 09:44 PM

Biden held his own.

Except his teeth. Biden’s teeth almost fell out. Filled with pandering, fake racism, anti-police and anti-American clown show, complete with Biden fighting to keep his teeth in whilst pretending all is well through his ramblings. 

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/mystery-did-bidens-teeth-almost-fall-out-during-dem-debate/

At least he is not a fat pig and disgusting human being like your man.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5142
Joined  28-05-2009

13 September 2019 18:43

I’m actually not at all convinced that moderation is good right now. Strident, unorthodox and anti establishment candidates seem to be in significant demand. I believe that voters on both sides are actually pretty tired of candidates who bend over backwards to split the difference.

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

14 September 2019 09:49

EN - 13 September 2019 11:00 AM
Celal - 12 September 2019 09:44 PM

Biden held his own.

At least he is not a fat pig and disgusting human being like your man.

You have me at disadvantage with your knowledge of the law and keen sense of legal commentary.  I look forward to reading your insightful commentary when the DOJ starts indicting your heroes from the Obama Justice Department.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7662
Joined  22-02-2014

15 September 2019 09:35

I suspect that Biden is a tad more electable than Warren or Sanders, but we need Warren or Sanders. If we got Warren or Sanders, they would achieve only a fraction of what they claim, but I think they would help swing the pendulum back in the correct direction.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

15 September 2019 10:03

icehorse - 15 September 2019 09:35 AM

I suspect that Biden is a tad more electable than Warren or Sanders, but we need Warren or Sanders. If we got Warren or Sanders, they would achieve only a fraction of what they claim, but I think they would help swing the pendulum back in the correct direction.

The logic here is vote for people who make outrageous claims because hopefully they will only get a bit little done and it be something you like. That is the same logic as Trump voters.

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

15 September 2019 10:18

GAD - 15 September 2019 10:03 AM

The logic here is vote for people who make outrageous claims because hopefully they will only get a bit little done and it be something you like. That is the same logic as Trump voters.

Wrong again grasshopper. smile

The logic is to set out to move us where we ought to be going, while understanding that compromise will be necessary. This is as opposed to Biden whose opening positions are ones of compromise.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

15 September 2019 10:49

icehorse - 15 September 2019 10:18 AM

The logic is to set out to move us where we ought to be going, while understanding that compromise will be necessary. This is as opposed to Biden whose opening positions are ones of compromise.

LOL you just said exactly what I said.

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

15 September 2019 10:56

GAD - 15 September 2019 10:49 AM
icehorse - 15 September 2019 10:18 AM

LOL you just said exactly what I said.

nope. read it again grasshopper, more carefully.