Sam Harris on David Pakman show

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  227
Joined  14-09-2017

17 September 2019 10:38

I’m haven’t listened to Pakman much, but ran into this on youtube.  Sam states “Something like 6% of the population commits 50% of the murders.  Uttering this sentence could get me cancelled, but for the preparations I have made within my own life to not be cancelled.  This is just a fact.”  “What white democratic candidate for the presidency will speak honestly about this fact?  It is the kind of thing that gets you immediately compared to Richard Spencer or some lunatic neo-nazi.”

Is there a tilt in what can be said in this country?  There are many examples of what could be said that will get you cancelled, but are any of these examples leftist talking points?  Are the taboo topics all associated with the right wing? 

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  716
Joined  20-07-2017

17 September 2019 14:05

What is the 6% that he is referring to?

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  227
Joined  14-09-2017

17 September 2019 16:58

mapadofu - 17 September 2019 02:05 PM

What is the 6% that he is referring to?

Black men.  I don’t think the stat is fair, considering men commit the majority of murders - I think 13% is more accurate.
The point is that this stat is associated with the right/ alt-right, and saying it could have detrimental effects on your career.  Are there talking points on the left that would have the same effect?

[ Edited: 17 September 2019 17:02 by DEGENERATEON]