Hey, remember Jussie Smollet?

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  227
Joined  14-09-2017

19 September 2019 13:37

Remember the media hysteria after he was allegedly attacked by two white “maga country” folk?  You couldn’t get away from the reporting on that - all over the news.  But I guess he was “famous” to some degree.  Well how about that MAGA hat kid who smirked at a Native American who got in his face with a drum?  They weren’t famous, but that was a media explosion.  This disgust for this kid wearing a MAGA hat was thick.

But did you hear about the hate crime in Minneapolis?  Like 12 white guys beat a black man mercilessly for several minutes even after taking his cell phone and wallet.  A clear hate crime.  It’s disgusting to watch, but it’s all on video.  Just brutal.  Why wasn’t this all over the news?!  This is on video and there was an actual attack! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9VaWTkK_i0

If the link doesn’t work, then just search “Man beaten by gang in Minneapolis; where’s the outrage?”

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6801
Joined  08-12-2006

19 September 2019 14:59

Hard to sympathize with someone who stupidly puts himself in harm’s way like that. The victim clearly didn’t belong there. Doesn’t make it his fault, obviously, but he should have known better.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

19 September 2019 15:49

Antisocialdarwinist - 19 September 2019 02:59 PM

Hard to sympathize with someone who stupidly puts himself in harm’s way like that. The victim clearly didn’t belong there. Doesn’t make it his fault, obviously, but he should have known better.

Yeah I mean I’m not walking up on that dice game.  But this was just one of many incidents.  And he is in a public place during daylight.  Anyway, nothing to see here.  Oh, Trudeau wore “brownface” to an arabian nights party 30 years ago?  Front page!!!

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3164
Joined  07-08-2011

19 September 2019 20:55

What I saw was bunch of savages. Worse than pack of animals as they lacked total lack of empathy or humanity. The suffering and pain of others seemed to be source of fun and enjoyment. It is the utter glee of the attackers that seemed most disturbing. A clear indication that these animals did not belong in this society.

[ Edited: 20 September 2019 02:02 by Celal]

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

20 September 2019 18:49

It’s obvious that if you reverse the races, this becomes primetime news and a sign of what Trump is doing to this country.  I think Harris is spot on with his criticism of the Democratic party.  They will eat their own with this strange and confused “woke” agenda.  I’m not pleased with their failure, I would truly appreciate a more reasonable candidate.  But if Warren and Biden are the best they can put forward, I’m either abstaining or voting for Trump.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5181
Joined  28-05-2009

21 September 2019 00:58

I must confess that I struggle to understand the point of this post.

If the general idea is that mainstream media spends an inordinate amount of time on trivial stories and/or false stories I think there might be a case for that. However, you haven’t made that case here. Cherry picking a handful of isolated examples (especially ones that have already been formally corrected or retracted) and contrasting them as if they were representative of some larger trend… that is simply engaging in the same kind of fallacious hand waving that bad journalism relies on the first place.

Or, maybe I’ve missed your point entirely.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

21 September 2019 06:09

Brick Bungalow - 21 September 2019 12:58 AM

If the general idea is that mainstream media spends an inordinate amount of time on trivial stories and/or false stories I think there might be a case for that. However, you haven’t made that case here. Cherry picking a handful of isolated examples (especially ones that have already been formally corrected or retracted) and contrasting them as if they were representative of some larger trend… that is simply engaging in the same kind of fallacious hand waving that bad journalism relies on the first place.

The point is there appears to be a bias in the media.  If you simply reverse the races involved in this example, do you think it would have made the evening news?  My opinion is yes, and it would also be labeled as a viscous hate crime. 
This isn’t an isolated example.  So let me ask you: if a gang of white men ruthlessly beat a solitary black man, try to strip his clothes off, rob him, and ride a goddamn bike over his body - would this be on the news?

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3164
Joined  07-08-2011

21 September 2019 07:40

DEGENERATEON - 21 September 2019 06:09 AM

The point is there appears to be a bias in the media.  If you simply reverse the races involved in this example, do you think it would have made the evening news?  My opinion is yes, and it would also be labeled as a viscous hate crime. 
This isn’t an isolated example.  So let me ask you: if a gang of white men ruthlessly beat a solitary black man, try to strip his clothes off, rob him, and ride a goddamn bike over his body - would this be on the news?

The point is obvious. Yet you are forced to spell it out.  The reason for the beatings of the white man did not make the news, he was white according to the rules of Wokesterism!

The shriekings of “racism”  have been the rallying cry of the Democratic Party,  America’s political slum by pandering to demographics locked into government dependency.  Seeing how Race Whore “Rev” Al Sharpton treated with the statesman like respect complete with his own show… taught us that whites are evil and must be destroyed. Those boys were only carrying out the rallying cry against the “white privilege”.  Look, despite the city of Baltimore having been run by an African American city hall (Mayor, Police Chief, District Attorney) for many years, if anyone questions the crime, “infestation” of the scurrying rats and cockroaches of the ghettos, you will be labelled racist. Simply because you used a word “infestation”.  And everyone knows that is racist code word.

Since the race hustle is wearing out its welcome, let’s try the “white privilege” angle. The black kids were merely trying the beat the “privilege” out of the white kid. Just ask Beto O’rourke, democratic candidate for President who is ashamed of his skin color.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21702
Joined  11-03-2007

21 September 2019 14:12

I agree that sometimes it all goes overboard.  Some in Texas call the Texas Revolution a race war, but they would never admit that Santa Anna’s massacres of Texians in 1836 were a form of racial genocide, which they were.  It only applies to whites.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5181
Joined  28-05-2009

22 September 2019 19:43

Nothing is demonstrated by examples cherry picked from a pre existing agenda. Nothing is demonstrated by reference to pure speculation. You may be right but you have not done your homework.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

22 September 2019 21:33

Brick Bungalow - 22 September 2019 07:43 PM

Nothing is demonstrated by examples cherry picked from a pre existing agenda. Nothing is demonstrated by reference to pure speculation. You may be right but you have not done your homework.

Let’s move out of speculation then.  Forget smollett and the MAGA hat kid.  Let’s have a challenge.  Find any instance of recent (within the last 5 years) white on black violence that actually happened and wasn’t in the main stream news.  Now after you list your example, I’ll list an example of black on white violence that actually happened and wasn’t in the main stream news. 
I’ve done my homework and have dozens of examples ready to go.  Start us off!