< 1 2

Is blackface a grey area?

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17735
Joined  15-02-2008

01 October 2019 09:34

Garret - 01 October 2019 09:06 AM

GAD, do you understand what I said?  Reading your response, it doesn’t seem like you understood me.  Should I paraphrase it so you could understand it better?

No, it was clear, and clearly made no sense.

Garret

Garret
Total Posts:  521
Joined  16-01-2019

01 October 2019 22:08

Ah, my point didn’t make sense to you.  That helps.  I’ll try drier terminology.

You were engaging in a logical fallacy.  Specifically you were making an argument to moderation.  If you’re unsure how you were doing that, I can explain further.

While a conclusion reached by fallacious reasoning can be correct, the fallacious reasoning is unreliable, so if you want to restate your argument without using fallacious reasoning, it will be more credible.

[ Edited: 01 October 2019 22:11 by Garret]

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17735
Joined  15-02-2008

01 October 2019 22:14

Garret - 01 October 2019 10:08 PM

Ah, my point didn’t make sense to you.  That helps.  I’ll try drier terminology.

You were engaging in a logical fallacy.  Specifically you were making an argument to moderation.  If you’re unsure how you were doing that, I can explain further.

While a conclusion reached by fallacious reasoning can be correct, the fallacious reasoning is unreliable, so if you want to restate your argument without using fallacious reasoning, it will be more credible.

Yeah, let me get back to you, you just wait there.

Garret

Garret
Total Posts:  521
Joined  16-01-2019

02 October 2019 07:04

Did I say anything that was incorrect?

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher
Total Posts:  964
Joined  13-02-2017

02 October 2019 07:46

Is there a world in the multiverse with no racial baggage where nice people can have FUN with face color? Is that something to aspire to?

Yes, it’s called Dragon Con.  It’s held Labor Day weekend annually in Atlanta.  There you’ll find a surplus of the (minimal) intelligence this (morally trivial) issue requires—i.e. where the fun is taken for granted because people there are adult enough to know that “mockery and exclusion are cruelties that are easy to see in whatever form they take.” 

For example, Trudeau as an Arabian Prince would have passed muster there (though some might fault him for the wrong shade of brown).  Northam and his KKK gig would not.  And so forth…

[ Edited: 02 October 2019 08:21 by TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher]

< 1 2