1 2 > 

“Great and Unmatched Wisdom”

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21702
Joined  11-03-2007

07 October 2019 12:12

Trump tweeted that he had “great and unmatched wisdom” in agreeing to betray our allies, the Kurds, so that the Turkish dictator could move into northern Syria after we move out.  Turkey’s move helps the Syrian and Russian dictators. But Trump has promised to “destroy and obliterate” the Turkish economy if they do anything improper. Ah, yes, it all makes sense now.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6801
Joined  08-12-2006

07 October 2019 14:42

Sounds to me like a distraction from Ukrainegate. He must be getting worried about that.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2822
Joined  19-01-2015

07 October 2019 22:06

... and that is exactly how US military military efforts should be directed: as the means to change the news cycle.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9669
Joined  20-10-2006

07 October 2019 23:08

Antisocialdarwinist - 07 October 2019 02:42 PM

Sounds to me like a distraction from Ukrainegate. He must be getting worried about that.

This is the guy who will be blindly defended by the “stupid Americans” I referred to earlier.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1883
Joined  14-08-2008

08 October 2019 03:56

“I, in my great and unmatched wisdom…”

“I’m a very stable genius.”

“I’m like a smart person.”

“Nobody’s ever been more successful than me.”

“Nobody knows more about <fill in the blank a dozen times over> than I do.”

The signs of a raving lunatic for sure. But worse, what does it say about this country that 40ish percent of the population aren’t even put off/alarmed by those sorts of proclamations coming from the guy with the authority to launch nukes?

Ron

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

08 October 2019 11:57

Skipshot - 07 October 2019 11:08 PM

This is the guy who will be blindly defended by the “stupid Americans” I referred to earlier.

Are they stupid? Or do they just hate you so much (as much as you hate them) that they’re willing to put up with Trump’s idiocy?

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

08 October 2019 23:01

Antisocialdarwinist - 08 October 2019 11:57 AM

Are they stupid? Or do they just hate you so much (as much as you hate them) that they’re willing to put up with Trump’s idiocy?

More like they hate me so much they are I willing to shoot themselves in the foot.  I call that stupid.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

09 October 2019 10:41

Skipshot - 08 October 2019 11:01 PM
Antisocialdarwinist - 08 October 2019 11:57 AM

More like they hate me so much they are I willing to shoot themselves in the foot.  I call that stupid.

I suspect they feel the same way about you. From my standpoint, you’re both right.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

09 October 2019 12:17

Trump says that Turkey’s offensive into northern Syria is a “bad idea”.  Yeah, how could Trump have possibly known they were going to do this when he agreed to withdraw, since Erdogan specifically told him he was going to do it.  Aren’t all dictators suppose to lie like Trump does?  How could he ever have expected that Erdogan was serious? 

This would be comical if our allies weren’t dying.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  227
Joined  14-09-2017

09 October 2019 17:30

EN - 09 October 2019 12:17 PM

Trump says that Turkey’s offensive into northern Syria is a “bad idea”.  Yeah, how could Trump have possibly known they were going to do this when he agreed to withdraw, since Erdogan specifically told him he was going to do it.  Aren’t all dictators suppose to lie like Trump does?  How could he ever have expected that Erdogan was serious? 

Yeah but Trump told Erdogan not to be bad or he’ll destroy Turkeys economy.  Any chance that happens?

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

09 October 2019 20:44

Trump has brilliantly reminded us, in his great and unmatched wisdom, that the Kurds did not assist us in WWII.  Neither did they assist us on Bunker Hill, the Alamo, or Grenada. So, let’s abandon them and let the Turks/Russians kill them.  Yeah, that is great and unmatched wisdom.

Can you imagine Kurds storming Omaha Beach?  Does The Don even know where Omaha Beach is?

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

09 October 2019 21:45

Can we abandon the Stable Genius for him not helping in the Vietnam War?

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2822
Joined  19-01-2015

10 October 2019 01:29

DEGENERATEON - 09 October 2019 05:30 PM
EN - 09 October 2019 12:17 PM

Yeah but Trump told Erdogan not to be bad or he’ll destroy Turkeys economy.  Any chance that happens?

NO, because it might negatively affect Trump’s royalties from Trump Towers Istanbul.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

10 October 2019 16:48

It’s too bad about the Kurds. If it were possible to pull our troops out of Syria without abandoning them, that would have been the preferred approach. Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible. The lesser of two evils, in my opinion, is to GTFO rather than stay forever. Or is there some other option I haven’t thought of? Destroy Turkey, maybe, and carve Kurdistan out of the ashes? Force Iraq to hand over the land the Kurds now occupy? Cut a slice out of Syria? How would that work out in the long term?

Also, let’s not pretend the Kurds helped us merely in order to help us. They, perhaps more than any other group in the area, had a vested interest in getting rid of ISIS. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. It was a marriage of convenience for both parties.

Maybe Trump made the decision to pull out as he appears to make so many decisions: abruptly, without thinking things through, and without consulting anyone. But maybe he finally had enough of the generals telling him we had to stay there forever. Maybe the process could have been handled better with their cooperation. But if they refuse to cooperate and keep insisting we can’t ever pull out, what choice did he have?

One of the few issues on which Trump has been consistent over the years is disentangling the US from the middle east. By pulling out of Syria, he’s following through on another of his campaign promises—despite the objections of the neocons, liberal hawks and the military industrial complex. Now, if he can only get us out of Afghanistan.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 October 2019 17:42

The greater damage is to our credibility with our allies. That is potentially long-lasting.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

10 October 2019 20:39

EN - 10 October 2019 05:42 PM

The greater damage is to our credibility with our allies. That is potentially long-lasting.

Remember:  Trump was sent to wreck Washington, not fix it.  He has license to do anything and make no excuses.  When your job is to cause problems then you are always right when you do.

1 2 >