< 1 2

#172- Among the Deplorables A Conversation with Andrew Marantz

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher
Total Posts:  984
Joined  13-02-2017

04 November 2019 10:52

My reply occurs in the context of what I wrote previously in the thread, which requires the context and details of what is said in the podcast.  Absent common ground on the podcast I don’t think either of our points are quite on point.

no_profundia

no_profundia
Total Posts:  548
Joined  14-07-2016

04 November 2019 11:38

Fair enough.

lynmc

lynmc
Total Posts:  480
Joined  03-08-2014

07 November 2019 08:35

TheAnal_lyticPhilosopher - 29 October 2019 08:49 AM

...  In her case, Laura Ingraham accurately states the political agenda of the Justice Democrats—they advertise it; they want to replace old conservative white men with their own political operatives—and simply by virtue of the word “replacement” occurring in association with “white” Marantz infers a dog whistle to racist white supremacy and its replacement theory.

I couldn’t find anywhere in the Justice Democrats political agenda that they want to replace old conservative white men with their own political operatives.  Dog whistle or not, the assertion (as you’ve stated it) is racist - implying non-white, non-straight and female people threaten whites males.  Of course the Justice Democrats want to get persons with their political agenda elected, and insofar as racism & an anti-LBGTQ agenda is the bailiwick of conservatives (along with being opposed to other things the Justice Democrats support, such as Medicare for All), I’m sure they want to replace conservatives - regardless of race or age.  That’s how democracy works. 

There’s nothing in the Justice Democrats’ agenda that says whether the persons with their agenda they want do elect are old or white, there’s no implication that they want to replace oppression of blacks or women with oppression of whites or men (if they did it could be considered a legitimate threat).  Justice Democrats are working for diversity, inclusion of historically excluded and oppressed groups - I quote “Oppose Bigotry - We must speak out against racism, sexism, xenophobia, and all forms of bigotry. Non-discrimination protections that currently apply to race, religion, and gender should be expanded to include the LGBTQ community.” (see https://www.justicedemocrats.com/home)

< 1 2