The disabled in heaven

Balfizar1

Balfizar1
Total Posts:  26
Joined  11-07-2019

29 October 2019 04:46

Leviticus 21:17-23 KJV Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken ... He shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries.

So what is the christian interpretation of this little gem?  Is the vail, alter and heaven all Gods sanctuaries.  Baptism, confirmation, communion, marriage and funeral service will all get you there.  Unless of course you are disabled.  How well will this go down in the disabled community and perhaps Sam can throw this on the table at this next debate.  Christianity if it evolves into a Humanitarian philosophy and way of life and discards its origins and canon of iron age desert dwelling peasants may yet gain some credibility.  I fail to see a sentient being reconciling “the bible - that inerrant word of God” end to end without a gold medal performance of mental gymnastics, a complete abdication of humanity and suffocation of their own integrity.  However, I won’t hold my breath waiting.