Grave Robbing

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1356
Joined  01-11-2014

07 November 2019 11:41

It was bound to happen sometime.

I’m talking about the digital re-animation of the dead.

With the leaps and bounds Computer Generated Images, (CGI), has been making recently, it was only a question of time before someone in Hollywood decided to bring the animated likeness of a dead actor back to the silver screen.

And now it might be happening.

The actor chosen for resurrection is none other than the iconic James Dean.

Dean, who died at the young age of 24, only made 3 movies in his entire career, yet his presence in those films has made an indelible impression. This is especially true with the film “Rebel Without a Cause.”

The link below from the Hollywood Reporter website, gives the details.

https://tinyurl.com/y23w7y26

“This opens up a whole new opportunity for many of our clients who are no longer with us,” said Mark Roesler, CEO of CMG Worldwide, which represents Dean’s family alongside more than 1,700 entertainment, sports, music and historical personalities, including the likes of Burt Reynolds, Christopher Reeve, Ingrid Bergman, Neil Armstrong, Bette Davis and Jack Lemmon.

Yes, now the possibilities of cashing-in on the dead are almost endless.

Not everyone is knocked-out by this emerging new reality. Here’s a link to opinion piece from the Guardian website:

https://tinyurl.com/y22wpul5

Well now, that sense of outrage is so passé. I say we live in a New Age, as president Trump has shown us. Qualities such as respect, restraint, decorum and taste are old fashioned notions and should be tossed aside; they are only impediments to making money, which is all that matters.

So in the spirit of this new reality, I’m asking the readers of this forum to come up with scenarios in which the CGI animated dead can be put back to work.

What advertisement, television program, movie or role would like to see the dearly departed digitally inhabit?

Would you like to see John Lennon selling Nike sneakers? Imagine.

Or Neil Armstrong pushing McDonald’s hamburgers? That’s one small bite for a Man…

You decide.