1 2 3 > 

In your opinion, why doesn’t Trump release his tax returns?

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8808
Joined  20-02-2006

04 December 2019 10:27

In your opinion, why doesn’t Trump release his tax returns?  IYO would he lose many votes if they are released?  Does his base admire skillful tax evasion?  Skillful cheating?

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21909
Joined  11-03-2007

04 December 2019 10:37

1. He doesn’t want us to see how much he really makes or, to the extent it can be determined, what he is actually worth;
2. He doesn’t want us to know what he pays, or doesn’t pay, in taxes; and
3. He may have some embarrassing connections to Russia or Turkey.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6849
Joined  08-12-2006

04 December 2019 10:39

They’ll show all the idiots on the right how full of shit he is about being financially successful. Either that or it’s a non-issue that he’s keeping alive to distract all the idiots on the left.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  19-01-2015

04 December 2019 10:55

It’s much worse than that for Trump - and Mulveny:

From other releases it is certain that the reports that Trump gave the IRS are significantly different than the ones he gave in order to procure loans. No wonder his lawyers told him not to release them: they are proof of tax and bank fraud.
The fact that the IRS must have known about this (and the WH efforts to squash an IRS whistleblower) show that they are aware that we are talking criminal liability here on part of whoever refused to investigate Trump.

TwoSeven1

TwoSeven1
Total Posts:  364
Joined  18-12-2018

05 December 2019 08:47

unsmoked - 04 December 2019 10:27 AM

In your opinion, why doesn’t Trump release his tax returns?  IYO would he lose many votes if they are released?  Does his base admire skillful tax evasion?  Skillful cheating?

Post your tax returns on this forum for all to see, then I’ll give you my opinion.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  280
Joined  14-09-2017

05 December 2019 08:58

TwoSeven1 - 05 December 2019 08:47 AM

Post your tax returns on this forum for all to see, then I’ll give you my opinion.

It’s different with the POTUS.  Didn’t Trump say he’d release his returns?  Wouldn’t he want to release his returns to be transparent?  If he didn’t pay taxes for several years using the tax laws in place - then it would make him look “smart” as he claims.  Right?  Or is he still under audit?

TwoSeven1

TwoSeven1
Joined  18-12-2018

05 December 2019 09:16

DEGENERATEON - 05 December 2019 08:58 AM

It’s different with the POTUS.  Didn’t Trump say he’d release his returns?  Wouldn’t he want to release his returns to be transparent?  If he didn’t pay taxes for several years using the tax laws in place - then it would make him look “smart” as he claims.  Right?  Or is he still under audit?

“It’s different with the POTUS.”  What’s different with the POTUS?  What law states that he has to show the country his tax returns?  What law says that you have to show the country your tax returns?

“Wouldn’t he want to release his returns to be transparent?”  I don’t know what he wants, and I doubt you do either.

“If he didn’t pay taxes for several years using the tax laws in place - then it would make him look ‘smart’ as he claims.  Right?  Or is he still under audit?”  If the IRS has reason to believe that he broke the law, then they can proceed as necessary.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

05 December 2019 09:39

TwoSeven1 - 05 December 2019 09:16 AM

“It’s different with the POTUS.”  What’s different with the POTUS?  What law states that he has to show the country his tax returns?  What law says that you have to show the country your tax returns?

“Wouldn’t he want to release his returns to be transparent?”  I don’t know what he wants, and I doubt you do either.

“If he didn’t pay taxes for several years using the tax laws in place - then it would make him look ‘smart’ as he claims.  Right?  Or is he still under audit?”  If the IRS has reason to believe that he broke the law, then they can proceed as necessary.

What’s different with the POTUS?  Well nobody wants to see your tax returns, and millions want to see Trumps.  So that’s different.  What law says he can’t release his tax returns?

He said he would release his tax returns.  So that would make me think that he wants to, otherwise why would he say it?  Pressure?  That doesn’t align with his MO 99% of the time.  So that’s weird, isn’t it? 

TwoSeven1

TwoSeven1
Joined  18-12-2018

05 December 2019 10:28

DEGENERATEON - 05 December 2019 09:39 AM

What’s different with the POTUS?  Well nobody wants to see your tax returns, and millions want to see Trumps.  So that’s different.  What law says he can’t release his tax returns?

He said he would release his tax returns.  So that would make me think that he wants to, otherwise why would he say it?  Pressure?  That doesn’t align with his MO 99% of the time.  So that’s weird, isn’t it? 

“Well nobody wants to see your tax returns, and millions want to see Trumps.  So that’s different.”  We’re talking about why Trump hasn’t released his tax returns to the public, not why the public wants to see his tax returns.

“What law says he can’t release his tax returns?”  Relevance?

“He said he would release his tax returns.  So that would make me think that he wants to, otherwise why would he say it?  Pressure?  That doesn’t align with his MO 99% of the time.  So that’s weird, isn’t it?”  I don’t think so.  Like I said, I don’t know what he wants.  I don’t care whether he releases them or keeps them private.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Joined  14-09-2017

05 December 2019 11:42

TwoSeven1 - 05 December 2019 10:28 AM

“Well nobody wants to see your tax returns, and millions want to see Trumps.  So that’s different.”  We’re talking about why Trump hasn’t released his tax returns to the public, not why the public wants to see his tax returns.

“He said he would release his tax returns.  So that would make me think that he wants to, otherwise why would he say it?  Pressure?  That doesn’t align with his MO 99% of the time.  So that’s weird, isn’t it?”  I don’t think so.  Like I said, I don’t know what he wants.  I don’t care whether he releases them or keeps them private.

TRUMP:  “We’re going to build a great wall along our southern border!”
RANDOM NON-SAM HARRIS FORUM PERSON:  “Yeah!!!”
TRUMP:  “We’re not going to build a great wall, it’s under review by congress and we can’t do it.”
REPORTER:  “Actually sir that isn’t true.  You can go ahead and build the wall.”
DEGEN:  “Trump said he was going to build the wall, why isn’t he doing it?”
RANDOM NON-SAM HARRIS FORUM PERSON:  “There’s no law that says he has to!  I don’t care if he builds it or not.”
DEGEN:  “Yes but he said he was going to build it, and millions want him to.”
RANDOM NON-SAM HARRIS FORUM PERSON:  “We’re talking about why Trump doesn’t want to build it, not what millions of people want.”
DEGEN:  “Yes but he said he couldn’t do it because it was against the law or something.  But then he found out it wasn’t, so the fact that it isn’t against the law is relevant.”

[ Edited: 05 December 2019 11:45 by DEGENERATEON]

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  751
Joined  20-07-2017

05 December 2019 11:43

Even Nixon thought that the American people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook.

TwoSeven1

TwoSeven1
Joined  18-12-2018

05 December 2019 12:59

DEGENERATEON - 05 December 2019 11:42 AM

TRUMP:  “We’re not going to build a great wall, it’s under review by congress and we can’t do it.”
REPORTER:  “Actually sir that isn’t true.  You can go ahead and build the wall.”
RANDOM NON-SAM HARRIS FORUM PERSON:  “There’s no law that says he has to!  I don’t care if he builds it or not.”
RANDOM NON-SAM HARRIS FORUM PERSON:  “We’re talking about why Trump doesn’t want to build it, not what millions of people want.”
DEGEN:  “Yes but he said he couldn’t do it because it was against the law or something.  But then he found out it wasn’t, so the fact that it isn’t against the law is relevant.”

You’re confusing some things here.  I didn’t comment on a border wall in this thread.  A border wall and what Trump has said on that subject are completely different than the subject at hand.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8808
Joined  20-02-2006

05 December 2019 13:25

IMHO, if Trump had released his tax returns before the November 2016 election he would have lost.  I think millions of people who voted for him are, (generally speaking), honest, hard-working, pay their taxes, and Christian.  This includes several people on this forum who voted for him.  My guess is that around 95% of Republicans think he would lose in 2020 if his tax returns became public.  They will help him fight any court order that says he must release his taxes.  If such an order is giver, they will hold it up in the courts until after the 2020 election.

By now, most of Trump’s supporters don’t care if he is a crook, guilty of crimes.  I’m talking about several million voters who are disillusioned with his lies, juvenile tweets, obfuscations and all the rest of it.

Would you agree that if his tax returns are released before Nov. 2020 he will lose?  The straw that breaks his 4-year run?

TwoSeven1

TwoSeven1
Joined  18-12-2018

05 December 2019 14:22

unsmoked - 05 December 2019 01:25 PM

IMHO, if Trump had released his tax returns before the November 2016 election he would have lost.  I think millions of people who voted for him are, (generally speaking), honest, hard-working, pay their taxes, and Christian.  This includes several people on this forum who voted for him.  My guess is that around 95% of Republicans think he would lose in 2020 if his tax returns became public.  They will help him fight any court order that says he must release his taxes.  If such an order is giver, they will hold it up in the courts until after the 2020 election.

By now, most of Trump’s supporters don’t care if he is a crook, guilty of crimes.  I’m talking about several million voters who are disillusioned with his lies, juvenile tweets, obfuscations and all the rest of it.

Would you agree that if his tax returns are released before Nov. 2020 he will lose?  The straw that breaks his 4-year run?

When you ask for opinions using loaded questions it shows that you have a bias problem.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15955
Joined  17-12-2006

05 December 2019 14:50

TwoSeven1 - 05 December 2019 12:59 PM
DEGENERATEON - 05 December 2019 11:42 AM

You’re confusing some things here.  I didn’t comment on a border wall in this thread.  A border wall and what Trump has said on that subject are completely different than the subject at hand.

Obviously 271 doesn’t understand analogy, but he likes to use rhetorical devices to avoid commitment to any definite statement.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15955
Joined  17-12-2006

05 December 2019 14:52

TwoSeven1 - 05 December 2019 02:22 PM
unsmoked - 05 December 2019 01:25 PM

When you ask for opinions using loaded questions it shows that you have a bias problem.

So give you opinion on the question, biased or not. Take a stand, don’t just be so wishy-washy and wimpy and passive aggressive.

1 2 3 >