The IG Report

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  7130
Joined  08-12-2006

16 December 2019 20:14

Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi gives his take.

First, the part with which I find myself in complete agreement:

Like the much-ballyhooed report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the Horowitz report is a Rorschach test, in which partisans will find what they want to find.

On to the “key points:”

There are too many to list in one column, but the Horowitz report show years of breathless headlines were wrong. Some key points:

The so-called “Steele dossier” was, actually, crucial to the FBI’s decision to seek secret surveillance of Page. . . Horowitz is clear:

We determined that the Crossfire Hurricane team’s receipt of Steele’s election reporting on September 19, 2016 played a central and essential role in the FBI’s and Department’s decision to seek the FISA order. 

Horowitz ratifies the oft-denounced “Nunes memo.”

The “Steele dossier” was “Internet rumor,” and corroboration for the pee tape story was “zero.”

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3318
Joined  07-08-2011

16 December 2019 23:12

Antisocialdarwinist - 16 December 2019 08:14 PM

Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi gives his take.

Horowitz ratifies the oft-denounced “Nunes memo.”

Consequently, IG report is an excoriation of Adam Schiff and his “memo” of Feb 2018. That doc stated that “FBI and DOJ officials did NOT abuse the [FISA] process” or “omit material information.” Also claimed FBI didn’t much rely on dossier.

Schiff and Nunes both had access to the same documents with opposite takes. One is vindicated and the other is a proven liar. Schiff (the Liar)  is the guy who just ran impeachment proceedings and passed the ball to Nadler who wears his pants up to his sternum.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3139
Joined  19-01-2015

17 December 2019 00:24

you are calling Schiff but not Nunes a liar?

As far as you are concerned, Reality is something for other pople, isn’t it?

[ Edited: 17 December 2019 00:33 by Twissel]

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

17 December 2019 08:11

Devin Nunes was the original whistle-blower who first exposed the abuse of the FISA process. In his 10-page response, Schiff contradicted every point Nunes made.  We now know with documentary proof that with his response, Schiff also contradicted reality. In other words, LIED.

For example, Schiff claimed:

-“DOJ’s warrant request was based on compelling evidence and probable cause to believe Page was knowingly assisting clandestine Russian intelligence activities in the U.S.”

- “DOJ told the Court the truth,”

- “current and former senior officials later corroborated” the statements in the FISA applications “in extensive Committee testimony.”

We now know otherwise, Actually I knew before. But you now know otherwise if you simply read the IG Report, you find, there was abuse. The FBI and DOJ omitted material information. The FBI and DOJ subverted the FISA process to spy on the Trump campaign. There was no rigor, transparency, or evidentiary basis for the FISA applications, for surveilling Carter Page. And, no, the DOJ did not tell the court the truth.

So, Adam Schiff is a proven liar when he reported to the American people what he found in the classified documents.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

17 December 2019 12:44

I can’t wait for Durham to release his Rorschach test. That’ll be entertaining.

On Monday, Durham took the unusual step of releasing a statement and disputing the inspector general’s conclusion that the investigation was properly predicated. It was the first time Durham has remarked publicly on his ongoing investigation.

“I have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff,” Durham said. “However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department.”

. . .

Horowitz also added clarity to the dispute between his office and Durham over whether the investigation was properly opened, revealing a finer point to Durham’s argument than what the statement on Monday appeared to say.

According to Horowitz, Durham said in a meeting in November that he felt that the FBI only had enough evidence to open what’s referred to as a preliminary investigation. That kind of investigation would have given the FBI the ability to use certain tools, like setting up meetings between targets and informants, but prevents them from using others, like FISA surveillance.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

17 December 2019 14:50

Those on the right are assuming Durham’s report will be more damning to those behind the Russia collusion investigation. But I’m guessing it’ll fall short of their hopes and expectations, merely providing more fodder to keep both sides’ mouths foaming.

Image Attachments

Horowitz_Durham.jpg

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

17 December 2019 16:12

.I had assumed US Attorneys indict not write reports as their primary goal.

However,  you may be unfortunately right about the Durham “Report”.. Especially after the FISA Court finally making a rare appearance on the matter and simply issues a public rebuke on FBI, then asks how are you going to fix it!  No accountability. No individuals are called in for sanctions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/secret-fisa-court-issues-highly-unusual-rebuke-fbi-mistakes-n1103451

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

21 December 2019 09:17

https://outline.com/9X7twq

Column: Will Washington media expose the liars who spun the Trump-Russia hoax?
Long-time journalist John Kass on how the IG Report exposed huge parts of the most prestigious DC media as liars, frauds and propagandists, because they spent years mindlessly repeating what Obama-era security state agents told them to say.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

21 December 2019 09:54

Celal - 21 December 2019 09:17 AM

https://outline.com/9X7twq

Column: Will Washington media expose the liars who spun the Trump-Russia hoax?
Long-time journalist John Kass on how the IG Report exposed huge parts of the most prestigious DC media as liars, frauds and propagandists, because they spent years mindlessly repeating what Obama-era security state agents told them to say.

My guess is, “the Washington media [will] correct the record and publicly burn their sources in the Obama FBI, the intelligence community and the political class who lied to them for years about that now-discredited Trump-Russia hoax” when hell freezes over. Nor do I think this will make any difference in the future in terms of the Washington media’s reliance on dubious “anonymous sources” as long as their unvetted (dis)information fits the media’s narrative. I hope I’m wrong.

Whatever you think about Trump—and there are plenty of good reasons to be critical of him—I think history will show the bigger culprits in this shitshow to be, first, the “mainstream” members of the so-called fourth estate, who dropped all pretense of of being anything other than cheerleaders for the Democratic party—just as their counterparts over at FOX news are for the Republican party; and second, the FBI and CIA, for their politically partisan behavior during and after the 2016 presidential campaign.

Here’s a link to Glenn Greenwald’s column: The Inspector General’s Report on 2016 FBI Spying Reveals a Scandal of Historic Magnitude: Not Only for the FBI but Also the U.S. Media

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3139
Joined  19-01-2015

21 December 2019 13:36

If you want to undo the “Russia Hoax”, better burn down the NSA, CIA and Pentagon, too.