Star Wars (spoiler alert)

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5349
Joined  28-05-2009

14 January 2020 22:26

Apparently the protagonist is a direct descendant of the antagonist. As unprecedented a plot twist as that is…. How do they come up with this stuff?

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3107
Joined  19-01-2015

15 January 2020 00:48

It’s such a waste that they didn’t just pick the “Palpatine Clones” story-line from the Expanded Universe.
This is such a lowest-common-denominator story it’s pathetic.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  455
Joined  14-09-2017

15 January 2020 12:55

Brick Bungalow - 14 January 2020 10:26 PM

Apparently the protagonist is a direct descendant of the antagonist. As unprecedented a plot twist as that is…. How do they come up with this stuff?

The ultimate problem with the final trilogy comes down to a lack of planning by those in charge at Disney.  I can understand criticism of The Force Awakens in that it was a soft re-boot.  Overall I thought it was a great movie and a safe play to start the new trilogy.  Last Jedi was a black hole of garbage that destroyed what was built up and provided something that most Star Wars fans found offensive.  It changed the rules of the universe while attempting to squeeze in some woke or SJW messages.  The protagonist may not have been a direct descendant of the antagonist, if the antagonist wasn’t killed off in the second act.  Rise of Skywalker faced the task of finishing a story that had been severely damaged.  If the overall sketch or major plot points of the trilogy were fleshed out before Last Jedi, it could have been something much more enjoyable.  As it was, JJ Abrams had little choice in what to do with the story with one movie to work with.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  5349
Joined  28-05-2009

15 January 2020 16:40

I will concede most any complaint about these movies in terms of consistency, continuity, logic et cetera. They are pretty sloppy in the fundamentals of story telling.

What escapes me is the standard to which we are comparing them. Watching the first three movies I do not discern the supposed genuine article. The old movies have all the flaws of the new movies as far as I can tell.

I feel like this one was almost deliberate in its roasting of strident fans. As if the creators read several pages of complaints about the previous trilogy and instead of correcting for them simply poured lemon juice on the wound.

DEGENERATEON

DEGENERATEON
Total Posts:  455
Joined  14-09-2017

18 January 2020 19:14

This sums up last jedi

Image Attachments

9BA513AA-8BFA-42B1-A1E7-B824987C7087.jpeg